1. nando

nando GBAtemp Addict

United States
    the dlc will work if you have ciosx rev19 and up or hermes rev5.

2. WalterCool

WalterCool GBAtemp Regular

Cote d'Ivoire
    If you are playing with drums, just forgot SDHC... neither 38+60,or cIOS 57 will work, just 37+38 (tested on NTSC version of this game)

Im sorry, will work fine with cIOS 56

3. shadow_D

shadow_D Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Could you tell me in steps how you did this? I'm kind of a n00b with messing around with IOS, what program and how to do it would be really nice. I did get the instrument to work, but not the SDHC cards...

4. WalterCool

WalterCool GBAtemp Regular

Cote d'Ivoire
    Install cIOSXrev20 249, the installer will ask you the cIOS to use (default cIOS 57), just change it to cIOS 56 and install it

Tutorial of HOW DOWNLOAD IT AND INSTALL IT, check on Wii forums, hacking subforum, a pinned topic

5. justmike

justmike GBAtemp Fan

That is what I thought and that is what I was doing. Playing around with the calibration for half an hour.

How are you playing the game? If you're running it using 249 v20 with 56 base you'll get lag. I played it using IOS37 and there was no lag

ISO56 has a slight lag when playing RB3, but has SDHC support. ISO37 has no SDHC support, but plays with no lag.

So the option is to use ISO37 with a few 2 GB cards to play DLC or suffer the lag. Hm.

What does everyone else do?

6. nando

nando GBAtemp Addict

United States
    i haven't experienced lag with 56

7. justmike

justmike GBAtemp Fan

I just checked now, it only lags when you play a song on the sd card, I just played 2 songs in the game there is no lag, but if you play songs on the sd card, it lags on a few notes when you strum like you missed them.

nando, you tried songs on the sd card? When you strum does it miss? Not all the time, but the ones you know you got!

8. nando

nando GBAtemp Addict

United States
    i'll double check dlc tomorrow
    it makes no sense tho since it copies over to nand. do you have a slow card? again, i don't think it should make a difference.

9. justmike

justmike GBAtemp Fan

I just tried GH 5, that works pretty well, only had 1 frame rate issue.

I put on Rock Band 3 again, and it's 1 note missed every so often.

Maybe a slow card (I use a micro SD card within a SD card 2 GB -- upgrading soon). All songs that come with the game play well though.

I'd appreciate it if you could let us know of your performance when you play the DLC tomorrow.

Anyone else notice any lag?

10. vegemikee

vegemikee GBAtemp Fan

Running the game perfectly without lag via latest CFG under Waninkoko's cIOS249 with 56 base.

11. ziddey

ziddey GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    on easy songs like most of the lady gaga jibberjabber, i can do easy 100%s unless i'm being sloppy. but under rb3, i seem to always miss one or two. not sure how it happens. using hermes v5 cios37.

12. justmike

justmike GBAtemp Fan

Interesting. Is it Bad Romance? lol I also seem to miss one or two but on 249 ISO56, I played it on v5 cios37 and didn't miss.

I'm thinking it might be a sd card issue. What sd card do you use ziddey?

13. ziddey

ziddey GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    just a plain old 2gb sd nonhc. switched back to rb2 and sure enough, 100's again. maybe i'm just nuts.

14. nando

nando GBAtemp Addict

United States
    i've seen thread with people complaining about rb3 and maybe suggesting that the accuracy window is smaller in rb3. at least it doesn't seem to be a loader issue

15. netspy

netspy Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    @justmike : It's the same for me, it lags, especially with DLCs.
    I think it's a problem with cIOSX rev20 with IOS56 as base.
    I hope Waninkoko is aware of the problem and that he will fixed it in a future version, because the fact that the controls are lagging is not only existing in RB3 (as written on page 3, in my previous post).
    I'm currently using cIOSX rev19 with IOS57 as base and the latest CFG Loader in order to run RB3, and the controls are OK, but my mic isn't detected with IOS57-based cIOS.

16. justmike

justmike GBAtemp Fan

Did you try using cIOSX rev20 hermes v5.1 223-m on ISO37? No SDHC but works without any lag at all.

17. netspy

netspy Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks for the advice, but I think I'll stay with cIOSX rev 19 IOS57-based, there's no lag and I want my SDHC card to be detected, because all my previous GH imports (GH5, WT, SH) are stored on it.

18. vegemikee

vegemikee GBAtemp Fan

I can confirm that cIOS249 56 base works perfectly with SDHC mode and a keyboard plugged into port 1.

19. nando

nando GBAtemp Addict

United States
    so i just played for about an hour.5 - i played party mode and experienced no lag during gameplay with base 56. the animations was extremely choppy in between songs when playing only dlc, but in game it was perfectly fine. i don't know if it is the same for 223 because it doesn't read sdhc. maybe someone can confirm if animations are only choppy in base56. wiiflow menu is definitely choppy with base 56 so it might be it. but i didn't experience lag during play.

i got 99 percent in most songs in medium and the times i messed up was because i had my finger on the wrong button and not because of timing. i even tried playing hard for the first time and i 98 percented that rehab song. in that it was pretty obvious the screw ups were my fault.

anyway. base 56 seems fine so far.

20. netspy

netspy Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    That's strange. Here's my configuration : PAL Wii, System Menu 4.2, CFG USB Loader v60-249, cIOSX Rev20b IOS56-based in slot 249.

I'm sure that RB3 is lagging when loading it with cIOS in slot 249. I'm using GH3 and GH WoR guitar controllers, playing with "normal" difficulty, and I'm sure I'm not missing any note.
    Sometimes, there is a visual lag for less than a second, and the game consider I missed the note.

It's exactly the same with Guitar Hero WoR. When I run the game from the original disc from the disc channel (using original IOS56 and not cIOS 249), there is no lag.
    I'll be glad to understand what causes this lag issue, and why the results are different with the same version of CFG loader and the same cIOS.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - (Europe), #2275,