Wii #2065 - Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Europe)

fudgi

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Toastbrot said:
fudgi said:
sorry my mistake its exactly the other way around, i edited my post

hab ich mir schon fast gedacht.
wink.gif
that did the trick . thank you!
yay.gif

hehe bitte
wink.gif

elmariachi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sonikku said:
Any new IOS's that I need to play this game? The last time I installed new IOS's was to be able to play New Super Mario Bros. After that game, I didn't touch my wii anymore.

latest IOS 56 will do

dunnot know what NSMB installed for ya
wink.gif

albert69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi guys go easy on me first time here lol i got wiikey 2 upto date aswell and wii firmware 4.1e and old twilight hack that i played the first mario galaxy then bought wiikey 2 after that and the last game i played on it was new super mario brothers so was just wondering how do i get the new super mario galaxy to work i would rather run it from disk channel on wiikey 2 is there a way yet oh and i have a few wad games installed from homebrew channel cheers if you can put me on the right path thanks

taktularCBo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
albert69 said:
hi guys go easy on me first time here lol i got wiikey 2 upto date aswell and wii firmware 4.1e and old twilight hack that i played the first mario galaxy then bought wiikey 2 after that and the last game i played on it was new super mario brothers so was just wondering how do i get the new super mario galaxy to work i would rather run it from disk channel on wiikey 2 is there a way yet oh and i have a few wad games installed from homebrew channel cheers if you can put me on the right path thanks

you just need to update to FW 4.2, than you can play with your Wiikey from Disc-Channel.

But as you use old Softmods, i don't know if its save to Update...

albert69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi guys i brickblocked the update on the disk and when i put it in the wii it came up in disk channel then i click start and got 002 error so then i installed IOS56-64-v5405.wad in my homebrew channel then tried the game again and it worked so now will the game be ok cheers

Mikk0

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
albert69 said:

well i'v always updated via internet on my wii with wiikey 2.. and currently useing the latest fw, game works fine from disk
smile.gif

and damn i gotta say this agein: so mutch fun to play this game

tpformbh

Trophies
XP
Country
Any ideas what update is on the disk? I've got 4.2E on the wii, both softmodded and hard modded. Disk channel says there's an update so I've had to run it through neogamma, but would rather not have to.

Strange to think this is the first time in 3 generations of Nintendo consoles (since the SNES) that 2 proper mario games have come out on the same system!

bosman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
fudgi said:
Toastbrot said:
fudgi said:
ok to answer the savefile question (especially for the german fellows) yes its compatible, just tried it out
smile.gif

are you sure? just started the pal version for the first time and it doesn't recognize my ntsc savestate.
frown.gif

how did you achive it?
ok you need the FE 100 program, which also includes Xyzzy an app for hbc which you will run first, it will create a keys.txt which you will need later then you have to go to your wii options and copy a savefile from wii to sd (doesnt matter which one, i took the twilight princess save file). In this FE 100 package is a program called Key Grabber.exe, which youll run.
First you have to click on „Get stuff from Interwebz“ then 3 lines should be filled out.
Next you click on "Get stuff from a savefile“ and search for your data.bin save file which is in SD:\private\wii\title\RZDE (RZDE is the ID of twilight princess here, if you choose another game its the id of that game you have to look in).
When youve done that click on „Get stuff from xyzzy key dump or nand backup“ and choose your keys.txt which is on the root of your SD Card (which youve gotten by using Xyzyy).
Now all lines should be filled out and you can click on "Make me happy".

EDIT: I should add that this procedure only needs to be done once, in case you wanna try this with other games as well.
So again, the procedure above only needs to be done once. You just need to do the steps beneath for further games.

Now your are able to pack and unpack every save game file.
So now copy your Super Mario Galaxy 2 save game file to your sd card you will find it in SD:\private\wii\title\SB4E.
After that you run FE100.exe on your computer and browse your Super Mario Galaxy 2 save file (line 1). then hit the button unpack it. You will find a new folder in your FE100 Folder called "0001000053423445".
The last 2 digits indicate that the save file is NTSC you just have to rename it to "0001000053423450" since 50 stands for PAL.
Now go to FE100.exe again and browse your "Unpacked Savefile folder" (second line) which is (in this case) "0001000053423450" now. and hit the "pack savefile button.
Now a new data.bin has been created in your FE100 folder.
Next create a new folder on your sd card in SD:\private\wii\title which is called SB4P and put your new data.bin in this folder. You might want to move the SB4E folder onto your pc, because it could be confusing if you see 2 Super Mario Galaxy 2 Save files.
In order for the savefile to work you need to have played the PAL version once for it to create the save file.
Then you go to the Wii options again and delete the PAL savefile from your wii.
Afterwards you copy over the newly created PAL savefile over to your wii from your SD card.
Everything should be as it was with your NTSC game.

EDIT: You might want to Consider that the folder names will vary for other games and only the last 2 digits are probably the same (I cant confirm that). You also might want to have a look inside the folder. Sometimes there is a file in it with the ID of a game. So you need to change that into the ID of the other regions game. And this doesnt work for all games, but for alot it does.

Hope it wasnt too confusing. The text is long but the procedure is very easy
smile.gif

Thanks fudgi, this worked for me converting a NTSC data.bin to a PAL saved. Don't know how as I would have thought some gameid change was required but hey, it worked so thanks again.

fudgi

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
does anyone of you know, why mario brings back power items to the ship? and for example the rock power up, after i got the star in a level where the rock power up has been used, he didnt bring it back... i dont really get the meaning of all this heh

Tekky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm going to buy this game today because it's a true masterpiece.

Is there a way to block the firmware update on the disc?

I'm still running 4.0E and have a wiikey.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Murica