Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia

Wii 2.1E Update Released

European & Australasian Wii Update

Nintendo have released update 2.1E for the Wii. Currently no information about the update has been made available, however it seems to be a bug or security fix update as no noticeable features have been added to the Wii.

The update is currently only available for European and Australasian Wii systems. What could it update? One possibility could be the workaround that allows Australian Wii owners to download Turbografix-16 games from the UK store, although this is pure speculation. Update at your own peril.

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i dont belive an exploit will be find any time soon... Nintendo needs to block any "hole" in order to stay in business.
Although i would like to play backups it would also make me sad seeing a great company losing to piracy.

But i wont update my Wii for now, thats for sure hehe...
ph34r.gif

Wuschmaster

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Games can update your Wii, too.
Friend told me when he first played Pokémon Battle Revolution on his Japanese Wii, it first updated the system before the Disc Channel was able to be started.

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia

Portrait

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just updated my wii to 2.1, so far i haven't noticed any differences, but i didn't thoroughly examine the shop channel. I was hoping the update would make action replay/freeloaders work, but no luck
frown.gif

Wuschmaster

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just updated my wii to 2.1, so far i haven't noticed any differences, but i didn't thoroughly examine the shop channel. I was hoping the update would make action replay/freeloaders work, but no luck
frown.gif
That's stupid, why should Nintendo make unlicensed software work? They'd rather work on making it NOT work.
rofl2.gif

S

Solidstate

Don't get too giddy - the Hole that trinest mentioned was the one referred to earlier in this thread - the ability for Australians (like trinest) to download TG16 games from the UK store - nothing to do with getting games for free or any other nonsense

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM