Wii #1942 - Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing (Europe)

dearodie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
callmebob said:
Only played the first trophy but, .... meh. Don´t care for the graphics or the drifting too much.

I expect the 360 version will be better, at least graphics wise, and maybe more play time will improve the rest for this one.

And yeah, Banjo FTW!
Just did the same, first trophy, 4 races. I share similar impressions. All the videos seen thus far are 360/ps3 version. So expect the graphics to be less detailed, although my "impression" is that the models are more detailed than MKWii. The game is also very colorful, psychedelic at times. (check out the first Samba race)
Since the first cup is easy mode by default, I expect higher cups will be faster, as I found the game slower than MKWii. Also during the 4 races in that cup, I got hit only 3 times by bonuses, which is better than MKWii (where I think there are too many), but I never felt that I was going to lose or had to be particularly careful with my driving. So it was not challenging, again hoping that other cups will be more disputed. I was using the Mii character. There does not appear to be a weigh factor when hitting other cars.

Some interesting tidbits, for each race you earn miles, you can use the miles to buy characters (12) and courses (16). The pioces range from 5,000 to 25,000. During that complete cup (4 races) , I got 9961 miles.
There is an online mode, didn't try it as I'm in the US. I was playing on 4.1U, brickblocked and regionfrii'd.
Will try this on PC when available and DS.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dearodie said:
callmebob said:
Only played the first trophy but, .... meh. Don´t care for the graphics or the drifting too much.

I expect the 360 version will be better, at least graphics wise, and maybe more play time will improve the rest for this one.

And yeah, Banjo FTW!
Just did the same, first trophy, 4 races. I share similar impressions. All the videos seen thus far are 360/ps3 version. So expect the graphics to be less detailed, although my "impression" is that the models are more detailed than MKWii. The game is also very colorful, psychedelic at times. (check out the first Samba race)
Since the first cup is easy mode by default, I expect higher cups will be faster, as I found the game slower than MKWii. Also during the 4 races in that cup, I got hit only 3 times by bonuses, which is better than MKWii (where I think there are too many), but I never felt that I was going to lose or had to be particularly careful with my driving. So it was not challenging, again hoping that other cups will be more disputed. I was using the Mii character. There does not appear to be a weigh factor when hitting other cars.

Some interesting tidbits, for each race you earn miles, you can use the miles to buy characters (12) and courses (16). The pioces range from 5,000 to 25,000. During that complete cup (4 races) , I got 9961 miles.
There is an online mode, didn't try it as I'm in the US. I was playing on 4.1U, brickblocked and regionfrii'd.
Will try this on PC when available and DS.

i played a japan game online through neo gamma so i'll see what i'll do online with this.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hadrian said:
Tekky said:
How big is the scrubbed version?
Around 3.6GB

Probably made up of videos.
Well I'm playing the 360 version and I haven't come across a single video. Seriously.
I've been playing the 360 version for a few hours now, I love it.
smile.gif

silkyskeeter

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@_@ no one has put up any gameplay footage of the Wii version >.<

Edit: Looking at the 360 footage of this game and the footage isnt anything that Wii couldnt do. But then again it is Sega.... just look at how they super downgraded Sonic Unleashed for the Wii...but I think that was just because it was a PS2 port. Oh well I guess I will see in an hour when my download finishes. Ande when the hell has Banjo & Kazooie been Sonic or Sega xDDDD

DarkShadow96

LA96£
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
silkyskeeter said:

Edit: Looking at the 360 footage of this game and the footage isnt anything that Wii couldnt do. But then again it is Sega.... just look at how they super downgraded Sonic Unleashed for the Wii...but I think that was just because it was a PS2 port. Oh well I guess I will see in an hour when my download finishes. Ande when the hell has Banjo & Kazooie been Sonic or Sega xDDDD

I think they are using those characters to piss off Nintendo
laugh.gif
. I'll gladly post gameplay footage of this game when my download will be finished by later today or tomorrow. Its so lame that 360 gets Banjo & Kazooie(Banjo Kazooie lover) and their XBOX Live chracters.Us, Wii users, only get "Mii's" for guest characters haha. Hope that isn't the case =(.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
damn it alex kidd is locked and i'm pissed oh well just a few more mintues till i get him... then to wi-fi.

DarkShadow96

LA96£
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Where's the hype for this game! The main thing that I CANNOT wait for is playing as Shadow on his bike
yay.gif
yay.gif
. But to be honest, I did indeed think this game would blow cause for obvious reasons...(sega) but I got to play the DS demo and I was quite satisfied. The drifting feels so much like MKDS(Snaking) and a slight touch of MkWii.

silkyskeeter

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DarkShadow96 said:
Where's the hype for this game! The main thing that I CANNOT wait for is playing as Shadow on his bike
yay.gif
yay.gif
. But to be honest, I did indeed think this game would blow cause for obvious reasons...(sega) but I got to play the DS demo and I was quite satisfied. The drifting feels so much like MKDS(Snaking) and a slight touch of MkWii.
Copycats usually dont get hype. And Sega has a bad habit of crapping all over their games. Too early to say if Sega messed this game up.....so far it feels JUST like Mario Kart Wii, which can be a good or a bad thing depending on how you look at it. The long load times, for NO REASON, are kinda annoying. This game has been toned down quite a bit from the Ps3 and 360 version but loads like it is actually loading good graphics. Then it finally loads the stage and you are like "This is what took so long to load?" (maybe I am just used to playing Zangeki no Reginleiv, with its 1.5-2 second load times (and the graphics in that game are alot more hardware demanding)) When I first got this game it wouldnt sync up normally using cios249 so I had to switch to cios223 to actually get it to sync up to play online. And I dont know if it is just the launcher but the online sync time is just BAD. (the time it takes to find a room and put you in it) I seriously wanna like this game but I feel like I am doing the same thing I have done for many other mascot racers. But on the plus side it was nice to hear the Sonic music play on the first stage I played xD

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
actually... this may be a good competitor against mario kart but still, mario kart is way up there in terms on gameplay unless this game attracts ppl thru the chars
me too will wait cryus blue though i do pirate console games (which i discovered recently due to faster internet... from 16Kbps to 512Kbps - still not enuf lol)

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
silkyskeeter said:

The Wii definitely couldn`t do something like that. I mean the game looks CGI on PS360... But who care about graphics: it is a f***ing funracer
yaywii.gif

I think if you look back at Sonic stSR it looks extremly good for a title, that came 3 months after the launch of the Wii. And Sonic atBK I think is till today one of the best looking games on the Wii (that level with the moving grass in the wind was amazing)!!! That should be acknowledge, even though those games are not very popular. Sonic Unleashed though was a PS2-Port, with a different Sonic-model...

Klarkykat

Trophies
XP
Country
This game is fairly shite. Well... I can only compare it to mario kart, as that is what it's trying to be. And it fails pretty much everywhere. The controlling is a pain. It definitely doesn't match the fluidity of Mario Kart's controls. It actually had me thinking of those god-awful racing stages in Sonic Adventure 2 Battle (alas it's not THAT bad). It's nice as a novelty i guess, but you'll be running back to mario kart.

Centimetro

Trophies
Website
www.getexbackclub.com
XP
Country
United States
Played through the first cup. Impressions...

Suffers from the same thing that most wannabe mario karts do. the game jsut doesn't "feel" right. It's a shame to me, too, because I really wanted to like it. As good as mario kart wii is, i've played thsoe courses so many times and used those items so many times that I wouldn't mind racing in an alternate universe every now and then.

Unfortunately it feels a little choppy and just not as smooth and well put togehter as mario kart. The tracks actually are nice to look at and imaginative, but the actual racing isn't as fun as it could be. The items are very uninspired...

Still soem okay fun to be had though, it's a pretty challenging game!

DarkShadow96

LA96£
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
And I dont know if it is just the launcher but the online sync time is just BAD. (the time it takes to find a room and put you in it)

Well I would assume its takes long to find people since the game did just got out. Many games normally doesn't find games online right away. IE: The Conduit when it first launched, it was quite hard to find games. Same with CoD4. Well I am not defending the game yet. Like I said, I did actually think it was bad the first time I heard about it for obvious reasons since Sega doesn't take their time to make quality games anymore.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Soi soi soi rofl rofl rofl