Wii #1942 - Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing (Europe)

mokoyfab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

Apparently, the game is Multi5
wink.gif

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Strangely enough, it reminds me of the mighty F-ZERO GX.........same frantic speed and sliding.
Especially when I see that blue Sonic car it reminds me of Captain Falco's vehicle...
Mhhm.....wasn't F-ZERO GX also developed by SEGA ? That game was brutally difficult at times, and quite challenging from the start......but it was one of the best racing games of the last generation...
They certainly have what it takes to develop a good racing game.
Which brings me to the OT...........Where is F-ZERO Wii !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

silkyskeeter

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Arm73 said:
Strangely enough, it reminds me of the mighty F-ZERO GX.........same frantic speed and sliding.
Especially when I see that blue Sonic car it reminds me of Captain Falco's vehicle...
Mhhm.....wasn't F-ZERO GX also developed by SEGA ? That game was brutally difficult at times, and quite challenging from the start......but it was one of the best racing games of the last generation...
They certainly have what it takes to develop a good racing game.
Which brings me to the OT...........Where is F-ZERO Wii !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Same place Waverace Wii is.... nonexistance. But I would love to see them make a FZero Wii. Sadly I doubt that will happen, with the releases list getting smaller and smaller from month to month, I feel Wii is dying (I hope not but that is what it seems like) or Nintendo is making a new console.

Kenshin Br

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I've been playing for one 2 hour and I think that it is good but not great.

Mario Kart Wii is still A LOT better in every aspect. It has better level design, more content, better online, better controls, better itens and, the most important, it is much deeper game.

Too bad for poeple who do not own a Wii, because they still won't will be playing a kart game with the same quality as Mario Kart.

Ah, e for the people who are talking about graphics: visualy Sonic Racing is just avarage, even for the Wii level.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Practically every review I've seen rates it in the 8/10 area or close to that. Probably not as good as Mario Kart but it's still a good game regardless. Mind you, since Mario Kart is only on the Wii anyway, this is probably the best kart racer for 360/PS3.

I'm surprised there's no PSP version, though.

Well, I've downloaded it and will try it momentarily.

xCM Punkx

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not too sure if i can say this here or not buuut...

Weed + the Samba de Amigo stage= Hoooly shit the best thing EVER!

This game might not be better than mario kart, but if you were around for the dreamcast then its a blast. Pure SEGA nostalgia from their best era, its definitely worth a download
yaywii.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Practically every review I've seen rates it in the 8/10 area or close to that. Probably not as good as Mario Kart but it's still a good game regardless. Mind you, since Mario Kart is only on the Wii anyway, this is probably the best kart racer for 360/PS3.

I'm surprised there's no PSP version, though.

Well, I've downloaded it and will try it momentarily.
I'm finding it to be more fun than Mario Kart Wii, which for me is the worst in the series. Really hope I can enjoy that game as much as others one day but I just find it to be dull.

This game is devoid of new ideas, everything is ripped off from Mario Kart but its a very good rip off. Only bad thing I have found is that the second cup is stupidly easy and that there are some framerate issues on some tracks. Also I wished there was a Zombie driver from HotD and Ristar was in there too.

ibis_87

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Wow, I'm kinda surprised most people say the graphics are average. I'm still waiting for my copy, but both Gamespot and IGN praised them as being rather close to the "true~I-love-1080p~nextgen"

silkyskeeter

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
crook said:
It's better than Mario Kart because Mario sucks!
Yeah Mario sucks, yet is the most grossed videogame mascot of all time....yeah he sucks THAT hard.

On topic: This game is a fun little fan driven copycat of Mario Kart (doesn't try to be original in any kind of way). I am trying so hard to like this game, but it's just TOO much like Mario Kart but without some of the the elements that made Mario Kart fun. The stages are a hit and miss at times. Some look like they took their time to make them and others look like they were rushed. Online play is no where near as fun a online Mario Kart and at times takes forever. So, just like with the other Sonic racers (Sonic Riders), you have to be a fan to actually even like this game. Thank god I am a fan of all these characters (and I mean ALL of them) or else I would just erase this from my hdd.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
silkyskeeter said:
you have to be a fan to actually even like this game. Thank god I am a fan of all these characters (and I mean ALL of them) or else I would just erase this from my hdd.
I'm not a fan of any of the characters.

I do agree about some of the tracks looking like they're rushed.

DarkShadow96

LA96£
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I personally think that a few of the tracks looks the same. Example, one of the House of The Dead levels called "Deadly Path?" and one of the final fortress level's looks EXACTLY the same at one of the parts except just a recolor and change of hazards at that part. Where in the House of the Dead level it had like a "Giant Snake?" and at the Final Fortress level it was the Egg Man bots that was shooting instead. Hmm... but the game is still kinda fun to be honest.

silkyskeeter

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
crook said:
silkyskeeter said:
crook said:
It's better than Mario Kart because Mario sucks!
Yeah Mario sucks, yet is the most grossed videogame mascot of all time....yeah he sucks THAT hard.

That shows the masses are plain stupid. A fat mustached ITALIAN! SUCKZ!
Whatever helps you sleep kid....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay