Wii #1859 - Tales of Graces (Japan)

Raylene2K7

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
matthewn4444 said:
Do we need 4.2? Doesnt work for me with a modchip. I have 4.1U hacked and its not working. I get the disc cannot be read screen.
I'm on 3.2 (WiiKey) and can't boot it through the disc-channel, i have to use a loader (NeoGamma).

I'd love to run it the normal way but so far i've burned it 3 times on my DVD-RW and tried different video-modes but unfortunately it still doesn't work through disc-channel.

matthewn4444

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raylene2K7 said:
matthewn4444 said:
Do we need 4.2? Doesnt work for me with a modchip. I have 4.1U hacked and its not working. I get the disc cannot be read screen.
I'm on 3.2 (WiiKey) and can't boot it through the disc-channel, i have to use a loader (NeoGamma).

I'd love to run it the normal way but so far i've burned it 3 times on my DVD-RW and tried different video-modes but unfortunately it still doesn't work through disc-channel.

So which NeoGamma are you using? (I updated to 4.2U with the tutorials in the hacking section). I rather use the backup launcher because I am short on usb-drives.

InternHertz said:
QUOTE(steveo581 @ Dec 9 2009, 10:17 PM)
has anyone tried playing the game with a dvd instead of usb?
Yes, works perfectly with NeoGamma R8 beta 7 (not tested with beta 13 but it should be good too)
Remember though, my wii has a modchip, the first Wiikey.

What settings are you using? I hit timeout all the time. Need help.

Raylene2K7

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
I'm using "NeoGammaR8 beta15" to play this game from DVD.
I''ve got a PAL-Wii connected with a RGB-cable and I have to change the video-mode to PAL480i to start it in living colors. But when patching the DVD to video-mode PAL480i it won't start. The difference NeoGamma--DiscChannel is that NeoGamma uses ios249.

I've tried to patch the DVD to use ios249 but "IOS-Patcher 1.1" doesn't work with this Tales of Graces iso
mad.gif

So I will have to use NeoGamma every time i'm gonna play this (unless someone releases a new version of IOS-Patcher that works with the latest game iso's).

@matthewn4444
I guess your Wii is NTSC-U, so all you need to do is force japanese language at the NeoGamma Region Options.
Use NeoGammaR8 beta15 if it's not working on your Gamma version.

saaye

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
That's strange. I have 4.1J, cios249 r14, Neogamma r8 beta 15 and I still can't load the dvd. It gives an "error: no dvd" message. It seems that it can't even identify the dvd

Shenglong200x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Odd thing with this dump, just for reference...

I don't know if others have got this, but every game up until Tales Of Graces that I've downloaded, even Toshinden, has a placeholder name.
Tales Of Graces has 'Master', which makes no sense, as much as this 'language bug' makes even less sense.

Majin Vegeta

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes, that "Master" is strange.
But I only get that name if I try to load it with Dolphin (black screen with 600%+)

But why would it be a "language bug"? The game is supposed to be played in Japan, so they don't have to include the ability to boot it with other languages.

Raylene2K7

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
squall23 said:
I can run it:

Wiikey 2
Firmware 3.2
Gecko OS 1.9
through DISC CHANNEL?

(because i can run it too, but only through a loader)

@Shenglong200x
placeholder name? you mean when pointing at the disc channel being at the main wii menu?
I don't have a name tag there, that happened 4-7 times before with some japanese games.

cubia59

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for the share.

It's working on my PAL Wii.

d2lite
4.1E updated with Pimpmywii
Cios rev 4 (i know it's old)
and neogamma r8 beta 15

No issues so far, enjoy guys.

Veritech

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So far only USB Loader GX (I tried 2 others, one had 002 error and another just gave me a green gradient screen) has worked for me putting it on Japanese Laungauge and 002 Fix, BUT as soon as I get in the first town as a child and need to take the south-east exit to progress the story my game keeps loading forever and music stops, but loading symbol keeps going... then I got to Hard Reset my Wii.

Anyone else have this problem? :/

Or anyone have any idea what I could try to fix? (I already downgraded CIOS38r15 to 14, didn't work.)

EDIT: Actually got Neogamma working but also the same exact problem when trying to load that area... could this be ISO related problem?

Seansuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Veritech
I'm having the EXACT SAME error, the EXACT SAME issue, and the EXACT SAME MUSIC FAIL, and the EXACT SAME loading loop over here.... coincidence? I think not -.-
Firmware: 4.2U
App: USB GX Loader (latest sofar)
Serial Num NOT LU64+
Error 002 fix: On
Lang: JPN

Veritech

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Seansuke said:
@Veritech
I'm having the EXACT SAME error, the EXACT SAME issue, and the EXACT SAME MUSIC FAIL, and the EXACT SAME loading loop over here.... coincidence? I think not -.-
Firmware: 4.2U
App: USB GX Loader (latest sofar)
Serial Num NOT LU64+
Error 002 fix: On
Lang: JPN

Well thats interesting, wonder how everyone else got past that then....

My Firmware is 3.2E by the way so it's probably not that and like I said before I used both USB Loader GX and Neogamma (newest I found) and they both have this same exact glitch at this spot in this game. :/

Seansuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it COULD be the ISO we have... but the likelihood of us BOTH having the same issue in the same place even with unique firmware + loaders is slim to none. I have no guesses left after those 2 :/. If you happen to find out or I happen to find out a solution, I'll post it on here or pm you guys or something like that... Im tempting to check multiple sources to see if I get the same result.

Link015

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know how to get NeoGamma to work?

I have NeoGamma R8 beta15, cIOS version 15, and I tried force setting the language to Japanese but it still won't work. Don't suppose anyone has a solution for this?

shirosekai

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a Wii Pal 3,2 and it work on a DVD with Neogamma R8 beta 15, Rev 14, IOS 249

Language : Japanese
Video patch : Yes
Force : Pal 480ip

Veritech

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Link015 said:
Does anyone know how to get NeoGamma to work?

I have NeoGamma R8 beta15, cIOS version 15, and I tried force setting the language to Japanese but it still won't work. Don't suppose anyone has a solution for this?

Could you explain what happens?

QUOTE(shirosekai @ Dec 12 2009, 02:43 PM) I have a Wii Pal 3,2 and it work on a DVD with Neogamma R8 beta 15, Rev 14, IOS 249

Language : Japanese
Video patch : Yes
Force : Pal 480ip

Can you get past that part that I mentioned in a post above in the game?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I want my money back... Drug test? No drugs to test but they want me to pee in a cup! Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Better call Pedro you're up in smoke
    +2
  • C @ Clayton44333:
    hey any1 know if there is a new version of the ps4 homebrew store ?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Finally there are people here
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We're figments of your imagination
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: We're figments of your imagination +1