Tales of Destiny DC work in progress

Plaidray

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So i decided to do Tales of Destiny dc on the PS2 ,not everything can be upscaled for example characters,npc, monster sprites cannot be upscaled ,but almost everything else . The game is dumping way too much junk textures ,thats why this will take a while to finish,but I do like how it looks I dont mind leaving the sprites untouched ,because they relly look good.
If anyone is willing to help just pm me that could speed up the process
Here are some early exampels

Screenshot (53).png
Screenshot (54).png

Screenshot (55).png
Screenshot (56).png

Screenshot (57).png
Screenshot (58).png
Screenshot (59).png
Screenshot (60).png

GengarsGhostlyGiggles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
awesome work looks fantastic.

I wrote some python scripts to help avoid some junk textures in devil summoner 2 here : https://github.com/gullyswander/game_upscaler_scripts . I'm planning to extend it to more games as I decide to play them. I basically used color counts, image dump sizes, and and alpha vs empty pixel counts to guess at junk textures.

maybe that can help you out as a starting point.

Reactions: Plaidray

Panda_Venom

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I am working on this game for a while, but didn't finish yet. Too much trash dump. The Tales of Rebirth is even worse, there 1000 dumps in every minute and sometimes the emulator just crashes because can't handle the process.

Reactions: Playmulation

Plaidray

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
awesome work looks fantastic.

I wrote some python scripts to help avoid some junk textures in devil summoner 2 here : https://github.com/gullyswander/game_upscaler_scripts . I'm planning to extend it to more games as I decide to play them. I basically used color counts, image dump sizes, and and alpha vs empty pixel counts to guess at junk textures.

maybe that can help you out as a starting point.
Thanks will check it out :)
Post automatically merged:

I am working on this game for a while, but didn't finish yet. Too much trash dump. The Tales of Rebirth is even worse, there 1000 dumps in every minute and sometimes the emulator just crashes because can't handle the process.
Yeah,but I am managing the junk dumps pretty good with some batch configurations.

Last edited by Plaidray,

Playmulation

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
That's right, I was also rescaling this game but it throws a lot of garbage textures, as you say, thousands per minute, a real nightmare.

Maliquem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This is great.
If you allow me to make one complaint and a suggestion:
The upscaled texture look too soft. Like it has some smooth filter on top.
And the suggestion is to make the texture with the widescreen correction if possible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Group statistics

Members:
Threads: