BehonArt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Namco X Capcom_SLPS-25505_20230104205318.png
Namco X Capcom (Japan-only release - fan translation patch available)
PCSX2 info: https://wiki.pcsx2.net/Namco_X_Capcom
Upscaling software used: Cupscale (General GUI), realesrgan-x4plus (Environmental textures), 4x-AnimeSharp (Everything else)

Download link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/qzlf1ny5gu3bar5/Namco_X_Capcom_HD_Textures_WIP.zip/file
Installation instructions: Go to your PCSX2 install directory, open the "textures" folder, then open the ZIP and add the SLPS-25505 folder in there.

The full texture pack will be available later in the month, and I'll update this topic and the above download link with the final version.

My goal is to revamp the HUD, character portraits, unit avatars, and 3D environmental textures and 2D cutscene backgrounds. The animated parts of the battle segments (Character sprites, VFX, backgrounds, and Super Move portraits) are unable to be properly ripped with PCSX2 at the moment, and so will remain untouched.

I've been plugging away at this mammoth game since summer and still have about the last quarter of the campaign to go through and rip+upscale environmental textures plus any remaining unique character assets from, but I thought I'd upload what I have as a start, since I'm focusing on finishing the game within January, saw that work on a RetroAchievements set has begun, and would love for people to have a better-looking version of the game to play once that set releases. This covers the majority of environments, character assets, and HUD elements.

Current progress:
HUD - Basically done, though I may go back and do some manual touching up once the campaign is fully played and ripped.
Character portraits & unit avatars - Likely 80-90% done due to having seen most of the cast and their full list of portraits by this point.
3D environmental textures - About 75% done due to still having about 25% of the maps to play through, though the game does recycle environments occasionally so the percent may actually be higher.

If you enjoy the pack and want to leave some goodwill, consider donating to my Ko-fi! I also take art commissions on there.
ko-fi.com/behonart

More sample screenshots:
Namco X Capcom_SLPS-25505_20230104210354.pngNamco X Capcom_SLPS-25505_20230104205349.pngNamco X Capcom_SLPS-25505_20230104210133.pngNamco X Capcom_SLPS-25505_20230104210146.pngNamco X Capcom_SLPS-25505_20230104210330.pngNamco X Capcom_SLPS-25505_20230104210611.png
Post automatically merged:

I did see just now in Panda_Venom's list that they're partway through their own texture pack as well, but I don't see an issue with both coexisting since they may have visual differences that let individuals prefer one pack over the other. The more the merrier.

Last edited by BehonArt,

BehonArt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great project! Any info on the full release date?
I took a break from playing the game after the initial release but feel ready to get back into it, so probably sometime this month.

Also a quick update - I reached out to PandaVenom to make sure it was okay to go ahead with this when they were previously working on a pack as well, but conveniently they had ended up losing interest in the game and as a result their project, but they were up for sharing some of their own upscales since some HUD elements looked sharper in their version. Will be incorporating that into the final release.

• Wow
Reactions: TonyAkawari

Plaidray

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Are you planing to upscale battle Sprites for characters?
I upscaled Project X Zone 1&2 for 3ds but I still didnt released it to the public.

BehonArt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tony, any info about the full release?
I took a break from playing the past few months both to play other games and because more IRL work came up, but I've picked the game back up this week to finish ripping and upscaling assets and am definitely in the home stretch, so the full release will probably see the light of day before April's over.
Post automatically merged:

Are you planing to upscale battle Sprites for characters?
I upscaled Project X Zone 1&2 for 3ds but I still didnt released it to the public.
PCSX2 doesn't handle the sprite ripping great for this game at the moment when it comes to the battle sprites + portraits, so I'm leaving those untouched.

Would love to see your PXZ 1 + 2 upscales!

Reactions: Plaidray

Raed_555

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
I took a break from playing the past few months both to play other games and because more IRL work came up, but I've picked the game back up this week to finish ripping and upscaling assets and am definitely in the home stretch, so the full release will probably see the light of day before April's over.
thanks for working

BehonArt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any updates on this, no rush. just asking.

I guess we have all a ... real life, a family and a real job.
i'll come back eventually .....
Thanks behonart for the job you have done !! ^_^
So sorry for the super-delayed response, I had a hectic 2023 with work, school, and more urgent projects. But I've booted the game back up to complete the campaign and rip+upscale the remaining assets soon and will post the final update here!

Reactions: loveShmups

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Group statistics

Members:
Threads: