Wii #1635 - FIFA Soccer 10 (USA)

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's some awful boxart. Why can't they just put the real people on the cover like they do on Tiger Woods games and whatever?

I haven't been a real soccer/football fan nor have I played any of the games. I'll stick to Mario Strikes: Charged.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well it is not real people, but I can tell that the one from the far left is Cuahutemoc Blanco, he used to play in México, now he's playing in europe obviously, and the one from the far left don't remember his name but I have seen him playing for ChivasUSA, let's remember that Canada is market for hockey games, USA for baseball and any other olimpic sport, and México, central and south America is soccer market all the way, that's why (I think) they place known players for this region, I still think Mario Strikers is the best soccer game for the Wii...!!
biggrin.gif

antiaverage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
Well it is not real people, but I can tell that the one from the far left is Cuahutemoc Blanco, he used to play in México, now he's playing in europe obviously, and the one from the far left don't remember his name but I have seen him playing for ChivasUSA, let's remember that Canada is market for hockey games, USA for baseball and any other olimpic sport, and México, central and south America is soccer market all the way, that's why (I think) they place known players for this region, I still think Mario Strikers is the best soccer game for the Wii...!!
biggrin.gif

You're off a bit on the target market for USA. It's mostly football (as in American football, not international football), then basketball, baseball, golf, and tennis. Olympic games are attempted to be sold internationally, they don't target specifically the USA.

Uzumakijl

Trophies
Website
www.uzumakijl.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Mexico
ether2802 said:
Well it is not real people, but I can tell that the one from the far left is Cuahutemoc Blanco, he used to play in México, now he's playing in europe obviously, and the one from the far left don't remember his name but I have seen him playing for ChivasUSA [...]

Hahahahahaha He looks pretty alike i guess... Anyways as far as i know he still plays in México soccer team, By the way i don't think he has ever played on Chivas... i don't really care about soccer so correct me if i'm wrong lol.

Anyways here are some screens:

fifa-soccer-10-20090716094258118_640w.jpg

fifa-soccer-10-20090717114844190_640w.jpg

fifa-soccer-10-20090716095409031_640w.jpg

Loop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really liked the 09 version - apart from the TERRIBLE online mode!
This one is a little different - graphics have improved a lot IMO, while controls have remained pretty much the same. Things that have changed that I don't like = corners / free kick system & penalty system. All in all a super FUN soccer game for the wii - I am actually getting into the 'bullet time' bits now after a few games & the gameplay seems to flow better than the previous version.
I've only played one online game with it, but it was a WHOLE match (during which a got my arse kicked!) & only a bit laggy - whereas before I must have played 20 online games with FIFA 09 and got disconnected EVERY time! Maybe I just got lucky....

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this def is not a NTSC release, it goes right to PAL when you leave it to default on USB loader GX...if you set it to force NTSC works just fine, but I really don't think this is NTSC release, and as well it will not download the cover or the disc image for this release, I was looking into that last night, its gotta be the title ID

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night