Wii #1308 - Sonic to Ankoku no Kishi (Japan)

jackdanielchan

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't see why the majority of people hate this game. Even to me the fact that Sonic had a sword, didn't appeal to me, but I got it anyway 'cos I had Sonic since the Genesis. I reckon, if it was a different character like Mario, people would like it because it's Mario.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
jackdanielchan said:
I don't see why the majority of people hate this game. Even to me the fact that Sonic had a sword, didn't appeal to me, but I got it anyway 'cos I had Sonic since the Genesis. I reckon, if it was a different character like Mario, people would like it because it's Mario.
I think many people didn`t like it, because it didn`t have leveldesign... Just to put enemy after enemy was never enough for a Sonic game! Sonic was always speed, plattforming and flow!

But you are right: Nowadays it is quite popular to bash Sonic game, even if they are decent. Because imo Sonic Unleashed had awesome daystages and decent-bad nightstages. And they introduced some awesome gamemechanics, which really suit Sonic! So I really couldn`t understand the whole bashing back then...

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
jackdanielchan said:
most people hate the game because sonic isn´t fast at the first stage and yeah he move kinda slow but i got 99% complete of the game and sonic become more fast and more lethal than before same with lancelot gawain and percival

my conclution is :People hate this game with no reason at all

toguro_max

Trophies
Website
toguro_max.sites.uol.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Some mechanics are odd (like the fact to get speed faster you need to jump) but the game is fun, and being fun doen't it do what it is meant to (that is being fun)?

Yeah, Sonic is about platforming, jumping and running but then, even nowadays people bah old Sonic games because "you just hold right and finish the stage".

There is only one game on the entire Sonic collection that does not, hmm, "fits" a Sonic game, IMO, and that's Sonic's Labrynth, other than that, they are all Sonic games on different Sets (heck, even the "almighty" Mario have really bad games... Hotel Mario anyone?)...

0nyx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
toguro_max said:
Some mechanics are odd (like the fact to get speed faster you need to jump) but the game is fun, and being fun doen't it do what it is meant to (that is being fun)?

Yeah, Sonic is about platforming, jumping and running but then, even nowadays people bah old Sonic games because "you just hold right and finish the stage".

There is only one game on the entire Sonic collection that does not, hmm, "fits" a Sonic game, IMO, and that's Sonic's Labrynth, other than that, they are all Sonic games on different Sets (heck, even the "almighty" Mario have really bad games... Hotel Mario anyone?)...

Yeah, but Hotel Mario wasn't developped by Nintendo, it was developped by Phillips for the CD-i crap... Crappy sonic games are made by Sega.

Shebang

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
sorry to say so but i personally don't like any Sonic games. But then taste is a matter of personal preference (said the monkey and ate the soap)

shebang

Sonic4Ever

Trophies
XP
Country
France
jackdanielchan said:

Mixing Sonic&TheSecretsRings horrible controls with a stupid ennemy-bashing level design is sh**

Mazensa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blooddrake said:
i played, but short, WAY short.........i gave a six, because theres the option to change from english to japan voices
There is a fake first ending after playing 30% of the game I hope you didn't stop there.

Knyaz Vladimir

3DS Hacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I honestly don't see why people hate this game. Sure the story is a bit cheesy (if you don't count the "evil case", which is one of the few misses, that and the controls) and it has a few mess-ups, but this is the best Wii Sonic game there is... that I played.

MG4M3R

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This game is the best Sonic game since Sonic Adventure 2.

It just have some small gameplay issues, like no deep tutorial (lol I already finished the game, but only now I learned that you can use the Nunchak to atack

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...