Wii #0969 - Tales Of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World (USA)

Knolli

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
shonosuke said:
Knolli said:
Satangel said:
Knolli said:
Knolli said:
little question for the experts
wink.gif

is it possible to get the japanese intro and/or audio language into the us-version?

anyone? =(

Give it some time, it hasn't been a day and you're already whining.

sorry =/
i just thought there might be already a way of doing these sort of things

Right now Im going to try replacing the US voice files with the Japanese witth Trucha signer but I doubt it will be that easy

it would be great enough if you could replace the opening =)

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow, I can't believe this game is out already
ohmy.gif
. I thought it wouldn't be for another month but I guess I haven't been checking the release date. I still haven't finished the first one yet because my lil bro corrupted my GC memory card >:( .

A Divine Unicorn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
where the heck is Quantum of Solace?! i've seen it on store shelves for over a week now. i have half the mind to buy it and rip it myself and call it the scene release..

i played this Tales today. didn't like symphonia 1 and this one started even slower. i swear the main character is worse than this socially retarded kid i knew all through school (kindergarten to college). total lack in communication skills.

an almost unbelievable character for the type of game he's set in and the challenges he has to face.

B4N5H33

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
so i assume that patching to PAL will not work...and via freeloader it will work only in black/white without an RGB cable
*sigh* so i will have to wait for the PAL version
dry.gif

mphil145

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I didn't listen to reviews and I played the game myself, being a big fan of the fist symphonia I have to say this one is a big let down. Everything about it seems to be worse than the first symphonia including graphics, music, battle system is sluggish, load times are longer in and after battles (there not bad but still worse than symphonia) and etc. I don't know Im only about 3 hours in and already im debating if I even want to try to continue on any further

Oreoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mphil145 said:
Well I didn't listen to reviews and I played the game myself, being a big fan of the fist symphonia I have to say this one is a big let down. Everything about it seems to be worse than the first symphonia including graphics, music, battle system is sluggish, load times are longer in and after battles (there not bad but still worse than symphonia) and etc. I don't know Im only about 3 hours in and already im debating if I even want to try to continue on any further
i didn't play the first one and so far i'm enjoying the game just got to chapter 3

Raylene2K7

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
B4N5H33 said:
so i assume that patching to PAL will not work...and via freeloader it will work only in black/white without an RGB cable
*sigh* so i will have to wait for the PAL version
dry.gif
Game doesn't work on PAL, you need FreeLoader / GeckoOS to play it on PAL

... or - and even better, use TruchaSigner and VideoModeChanger to patch it to PAL
smile.gif

(no red screen and no booting tool needed now
smile.gif
)

Knolli

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Upperleft said:
no wai
gonna buy the actual game, it's fucking TALES title
ohmy.gif

i would buy it too, 'cause i loved the one for gamecube, but we europeans are fucked as ever when it comes down to release games

beefkeek

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Used Trucha signer and patched the main.dol files to Pal60 Also had to use brickblocker, but dang it worked >:D

Loving it so far. The new characters aren't as annoying as I thought they were going to be. And it's been able to hold my attention so far. Then again I was a huge fanboy of the first game. And I haven't played a tales game since Abyss. (which I didn't like) But Yea, I finally have another WII game to keep me busy.

Lloyd14

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Does anybodyknw if there is a crack to make it work on PAL cuz i'm screwed.
When i put ToS: Dotnw in my 3.2E wii with 1.9s WiikeyV1 it says that i need to updat software but its an USA game so i can't update:(

Thanks in advance!

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Brickblock it and run it through Gecko.

It's working for me on 3.2E, but of course it's in red (using an RGB cable). Is there anything I can do to change that?

kenshiro84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
SpaceJump said:
Brickblock it and run it through Gecko.

It's working for me on 3.2E, but of course it's in red (using an RGB cable). Is there anything I can do to change that?
I used to have the same issue untill i bought an S-video cable wich is only compatibe with NTSC and have the same quality as

RGB for PAL, and now only i have to do is switching cables, and it WORKS!!!

Kusan

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok, so I finally got to play this game. Impressions and a hateful note xD:

Despite IGN's pathetic, and incomplete review (I'd cut the reviewer's balls for being such an idiot, really) the game reaches awesomeness, the first minutes of the game are tiring, yes, and it seems like these minutes were the only played by this stupid reviewer who I bet was thinkin "oh..RPGs...it has a lot of dialogue (IT'S A RPG FOR HELL'S SAKE!!)...I will put it a 6 because I had to read a lot and there are no huge machine guns and well-built men =( ". But as soon as the story really begins to develop, everything changes. Don't fool yourselves by the first battles, they will be slow as a turtle with leg pain but as soon as the game REALLY begins (I won't spoil you) they become as beatiful as they were on the original ToS, fast-paced and great animations for Artes and attacks and everything.

The stupid reviewer says the music is awful, I found it actually cool and sticky and it's fun to make monsters join you, which adds a lot to the gameplay section. The plot is keeping me interested as to why the hell is Lloyd acting so freaking weird (don't spoil if you already played the jap version), and I'm waiting to see my beloved ToS' characters Sheena, Presea, Collete, Raine...even though I readed you can't change their equipment, only their skills.

If you liked ToS, this game is great for you. Newcomers: try it, dont let yourselves down for first impressions (not even by the pathetic main character at the beginning, trust me...he changes A LOT), it is, doubtless the first good RPG for the Wii. I found it awesome

The story is loaded with unexpected twists just as the original ToS, the voice acting is quite well done except for main char's seldomly gayish speaking, but when he changes...even his gayish speaking gets lost (got nothing against gay people, but this guy is supposed to be brave and "i'll beat the crap out of you" kind of person...HE'S A RPG HERO! XD), he keeps the weird voice, but he stops acting so retarded.

So, after playing by 4 hours, I give this game a 9/10. Graphics could have been improved, but it looks decent. I'm a core RPG gamer and I liked this one a lot. Even though I'll admit i'm a ToS fan. Maybe the game doesn't reach ToS' awesomeness, but...damn, it's like reaching Ocarina of Time's greatness. But this game is plain fun and interesting.

That's all.

Knolli

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
okay...i just replaced the op.thp (opening from the japanese version) with the one in the us-version via trucha signer...replaced the file, signed the partitions and burned the disc...but it doesn't boot via geckos, saying "launching game" and screen is freezing..what did i wrong? =/

i thought trucha signed disc still are working with gecko os..

i really want this japanese intro =(

Sorakun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I tried using VideoModeChanger and Trucha Signer, but whatever PAL I patch it to, it always causes an "corrupted system files" error.
I managed to burn one copy successfully but it's black and white and color fixed GeckoOS doesn't work either.

Can anyone please give me instructions on how to make this stupid thing work?
Playing it in black and white is a real pain in the rrrgh, since it's awfully hard to tell your own monsters from the enemies and to use the elemental grid...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1