Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@Fat D:

The Japanese version didn't run on my European Wii anyway.. neither in 480p nor 50 Hz nor 60 Hz. However, Gecko OS is able to run it. As Gecko OS does not touch the update partition.. there's nothing to worry about - just don't insert the disc in the Wii menu!

pieman202

Trophies
XP
Country
does anyone notice the touch thingy in the top left corner? i thought that was just for ds o_o
EDIT: Oh wait i see that its a wiimote now so what are we supposed to do touch the screen??

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Warm Woolly Sheep said:
No harm.

For the current status of homebrew and firmware versions, always check here:
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_status
Only Trucha signed discs will not work though correct? Im on 3.2U, so Im assuming this game wont work if I try and remove the update? I really dont want to upgrade to 3.3 because I enjoy playing my Trucha signed discs without the use of homebrew.
unsure.gif

B4N5H33

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
did anyone try to regionpatch it to PAL and brickblock it?
i´m on 3.2E as well and i don't want to update just because of this game...

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
jservs7 said:
Just removed the update using WDS and everything seems to be working fine.
smile.gif

a few posts back said that this game won't load with the update removed? i will not update to 3.3E as i have no more heroes uncut version plus a lot of other custom game discs.

so can you please confirm that you removed the update from the disc and you are able to boot the game on a 3.2E pal wii system?

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I ran the NTSC-J version through the backup-loader, and there are not too may bad wait times. Or just use GeckoOS. Or don't play it, not too much worth it anyways. It's really for kids, like at the kindergarten that Miyamoto(or whatever his name is
rolleyes.gif
)went to. It's really not that good.

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
jservs7 said:
Just removed the update using WDS and everything seems to be working fine.
smile.gif

a few posts back said that this game won't load with the update removed? i will not update to 3.3E as i have no more heroes uncut version plus a lot of other custom game discs.

so can you please confirm that you removed the update from the disc and you are able to boot the game on a 3.2E pal wii system?
My system is a NTSC-U system using 3.2U. What I did was first load the game through GeckoOS which skips the update process. Then I created my save file, play through it a bit and used a new disc without the update included through the Wii disc channel.

You might not have to make 2 discs like I did, but its what worked for me. No problems thus far through disc channel.

A Divine Unicorn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this game is actually really good.

play it with a friend or two and save a music video.

it's major luls.

personally if i was a professional reviewer i'd give it 2 scores. 1 for singleplayer and one for multi.

single Player score: 6.5/10 there is a challenge and room for freeforming (think of Parappa the Rapper)

multi score: 9/10 the major luls you get and the fun you have wagglins with your friends is just too good to pass up.

this is a great game for a party setting and in regards to it being "casual" ... there's actually a lot of depth to the controls, i was stunned.

Teun

Trophies
Website
www.spore-net.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
can anyone point me to the right direction? Pal Wii, dont know what firmware I have, I just don't want the US firmware. can I use WiiUR on this? I don't use Homebrew stuff like GeckoOs.
smile.gif

Splashman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I think Kotaku said it best (not the comments, mind you). The game is totally fine and delivers great entertainment and educational value, while it still lacks some meat for its price. Personally I think the instruments for example sound fine, but higher quality samples would've been nice. Also, what if I want to play a song in a different key than the one it's preset in? I can't, the only thing to adjust is the tempo.
And do I really have to endure the griping Twinkle Twinkle little Star in every single lesson??

Good thing us pirates free living people who do what they want at least get the chance to test-play games like these to determine the value before shelving out $50 for it. I'll probably hold off on it until it lands in the bargain bin... which might be never, if it finds its audience and sells millions.

unsteadycarrot

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i seem to be having the same problem as many others (pal console) when brickblocked and region changes etc...i get a black screen and it fails to boot, when i load it with freeloader or gecko OS it loads but i get a red screen. whats the problem?

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
unsteadycarrot said:
i seem to be having the same problem as many others (pal console) when brickblocked and region changes etc...i get a black screen and it fails to boot, when i load it with freeloader or gecko OS it loads but i get a red screen. whats the problem?
are you by any chance using an RGB cable? The console may try to output an S-Video signal via the red lane of the RGB port.

By the way, this game just pwnz. I definitely need to get more players together for a jam session.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Finally played it (then my Wiimote battery ran out ¬¬). Not as amazing as Nintendo is marketing it, but also far from the atrocity that the Internet's been calling.
It's quite fun and more deep than I thought. Making something sound good in it is a lot harder than it looks.. and Nintendo's been lying on their advertisements, it's not just Wiimote shaking, you have to press some buttons to get better results.. Anyway, you can change the songs into almost anything and doing so and hearing it later gives me a Mario Paint like vibe. Also, you can learn a lot about music from it.

My biggest complain is the music selection, Nintendo could have at least explored more their own library.. more Mario and Zelda songs, Metroid, Donkey Kong, whatever.. more Nintendo songs would add more value to the thing, more classical songs like Beethoven would be welcome too. And in the subject, you start with only a few songs and have to play the game to unlock more songs and instruments. Big let down to me.. and not a smart move IMO, if they're aiming this thing to non-gamers, those people are not used to games were you need to unlock stuff.. a lot of moms out there will look at the song selection and think "What? That's it?"..

Well, I'm curious to see how far I can take a song
smile.gif

From what I've seen until now.. I would give it a 6.5 out of 10..

Splashman said:
And do I really have to endure the griping Twinkle Twinkle little Star in every single lesson??
Agreed
sleep.gif

QUOTE(Splashman @ Oct 22 2008, 04:16 PM) Good thing us pirates free living people who do what they want cause a pirate isthey are free at least get the chance to test-play games like these to determine the value before shelving out $50 for it. I'll probably hold off on it until it lands in the bargain bin... which might be never, if it finds its audience and sells millions.
I see it selling very well.. but not as well as WiiFit and WiiPlay.. people will get tired of it very fast IMO. As Kotaku's review said.. it doesn't have much meat really
tongue.gif

edit: Here's a video showing the whole process of mixing a song with different instruments.. gives you a good idea of what can be done: http://wiifolder.com/?p=120

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU