JunTi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
junti.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So, yee, you BrickBlocked it and it works, but have you done the SSBB Update in any way before?
ohmy.gif

King Zargo

I'm a Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Nepal
What is the easiest way to get this game started without the dual channels? And can anyone tell me about the story of this game, is it deep or simple?

jalaneme said:
yawn, i really don't have time to argue with you mate, i have other games to play on other systems so i wouldn't be able to play this one anyway.

"impulsive" as you put would mean i would download it regardless if i liked it or not but i don't want to so i can't be impulsive can i? anyways i'm off, enjoy your game.
Using the word "regardless" makes you sound so much smarter.

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The story is basically this :

You are with your family, on a starship, when the ship starts to explode ... I do not know if it is due to an attack, or not ... anyway, you all get into separate escape capsules, and leave the exploding ship.

You end up stranded on the planet Landroll, and have no way of finding your family members.

So, you start to talk to the locals ... social interaction is apparently very deep in this game ... and they help you out by giving you jobs ... you can be a cook, a janitor, a shopkeeper, and many more ... and letting you do other things for them, as you assemble the cash you need to get the different licences ... which you have to train for, and do exams, too ... required to get you off-world and able to find your family again.

Here's how someone else described it :

The "lifestyle" part comes from the living and breathing world you immerse yourself in, the active society, and the focus on integrating into that society, doing all sorts of jobs, earning all sorts of licenses, and increasing your citizenship star ranking and such. There's a message of general social consciousness and contributing to society behind it all, in a very well conceived system that Landroll revolves around - a far more thought out world to explore and immerse yourself in than most RPGs, for sure. The lifestyle parts basically make the game roughly half life sim like Animal Crossing, Harvest Moon, or Shenmue in addition to being an old school hardcore RPG in the vein of Dragon Quest and EarthBound. The end result? A ridiculous amount of things to do, tons of sidequests, things to earn, collect, etc. immersing you even more in Landroll. Definitely a strong balance and great, fresh game design.

@jalaneme : "Impulsive" as I meant it, if you had read what I wrote correctly, meant your impulsiveness to dismiss a games publishers entire catalog as identical ... I could also have used "rash", "ignorant" or "foolish".

Chinman

Trophies
XP
Country
i did do the 15% trick with ssbb back when i tried to play the jap dvd5 version. that was the last update i ever did

Bob Evil

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
shinsil said:
thebobevil said:
shinsil said:
I probably give this a try because there are no other RPG's on the system.

Wii needs more RPG's and FPS games.

Have you played Dragon Quest Swords yet?

That is both first-person and an RPG
smile.gif

The game is on rails right?

No ... you walk where ever you like, using the d-pad on the Wiimote ... you only use the Wiimote to control the game.

Kasoz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
thebobevil said:
shinsil said:
thebobevil said:
shinsil said:

smile.gif

No ... you walk where ever you like, using the d-pad on the Wiimote ... you only use the Wiimote to control the game.

in town you walk 'wherever' you want. But its pretty small and it has inisible walls everywhere. DQ:Swords is pretty boring, aswell as this is.

Really was hoping for a nice simple rpg experience, but the map system (is it even in there?) completly makes me lost all the time. And what's with all these **&*&*& elevators!

Bob Evil

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
More Opoona info :

Famitsu gave it a score of 31/40 ... and also mentioned that the game should take around 20 hours finish the main story, and around a total of 70 hours to do everything possible, within the game.

31/40 equates to 3.9/5, 7.8/10 & 77.5%

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
thebobevil said:
shinsil said:
thebobevil said:
shinsil said:

smile.gif

Worst use of Wiimote ever! That game gave me so much finger cramp!

Magus

GBATEMP RPG MANIAC
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ok i tried to play this on 50hz and i got screwed up music and weird graphical glitches... i can't play this on 60hz because i don't have a scart cable and on my old tv if i play on 60hz it will be in black & white... anything else i can do like using that video mode changer program or playing this with freeloader? (i tried downloading the freeloader and use it but it doesn't work...)

Spatulo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JunTi said:
So, yee, you BrickBlocked it and it works, but have you done the SSBB Update in any way before?
ohmy.gif

It works perfectly on my Wii (3.2E), no update or duplicate channels, and I haven't performed the SSBB update in any way. So I reckon that if you patch it like I did it will work on your Wii as well. I used RegionFrii, VMC and WiiUpdatePatcher to patch the iso.

Good luck!

vv_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The game requires an old firmware (IOS21) to run.
No matter your previous updates, just brickblock it, it works.

blueskies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else seeing small glitches around moving characters in the game? Everyone looks like they have small black flies around them when they move. May have a bad burn or something...

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
blueskies said:
Anyone else seeing small glitches around moving characters in the game? Everyone looks like they have small black flies around them when they move. May have a bad burn or something...

could be a damaged gpu in your wii

Bob Evil

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kedest said:
blueskies said:

could be a damaged gpu in your wii

Jebus, don't worry him or anything, will ya?
tongue.gif

blueskies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my only worry is that i damaged the lens yesterday trying to clean it. I just used alcohol and qtips very gently. I haven't seen issues in any other games, so I thought I'd ask.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4