Wii #0626 - Opoona (USA)

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Reviews don't count ... if you like the look of a game, then buy it, rent, it borrow it, or download it.

And, if you are in the 'able to download it' category, then you really can't complain, can you?

1 blank disc = much less than even a rental

Seriously, when playing copies, you can't let yourself be ruled by reviews ... most, if not all, of us have played games that the reviewers hated, but we've been perfectly happy with them

Chinman

Trophies
XP
Country
for me, 15p a dvdr is also a pretty good reason to download. 80% of wii games are crap in my opinion but if i didnt try anything that looked half decent i wouldnt play my wii at all. letting us know that you aint gonna download a game has less use than asking if it works on pal and twice as annoying

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Its okay, nothing great so far. The mechanic for fighting is interesting, but I sort of think the game could benefit from maybe IR control for aiming your weapon, and definitely could use more buttons and camera control that isn't dependent upon letting go of the joystick, pressing a button, and then moving the joystick. (Just holding the button if you're already using the joystick doesn't work.)

Basically, the gimmick of being nunchuk only seems to hurt the game rather than help.

Bob Evil

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jhoff80 said:
Its okay, nothing great so far. The mechanic for fighting is interesting, but I sort of think the game could benefit from maybe IR control for aiming your weapon, and definitely could use more buttons and camera control that isn't dependent upon letting go of the joystick, pressing a button, and then moving the joystick. (Just holding the button if you're already using the joystick doesn't work.)

Basically, the gimmick of being nunchuk only seems to hurt the game rather than help.

Thanks for your feedback ... the "nunchuk-only control" thing did have me quite curious ... it was either a "total succeed or a total fail" scenario, I felt.

jnt325

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game controls beautifully with the classic controller - same flick and hold mechanic for battle, but the camera's controlled by the right stick outside of battle. I'm thoroughly enjoying the game so far. It's light hearted, but there seems to be a lot of depth - or at least a lot to do to keep you occupied. I purchased the game and am very happy with it. Definitely worth downloading and giving it a shot if you're on the fence.

Bob Evil

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jnt325 said:
The game controls beautifully with the classic controller - same flick and hold mechanic for battle, but the camera's controlled by the right stick outside of battle. I'm thoroughly enjoying the game so far. It's light hearted, but there seems to be a lot of depth - or at least a lot to do to keep you occupied. I purchased the game and am very happy with it. Definitely worth downloading and giving it a shot if you're on the fence.

Excellent ... can't wait for mine to arrive ... even more than I already was lol ... now that I know I can break out the ol' classic controller
smile.gif

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jnt325 said:
Oh, I didn't realize you could use the classic controller either.

jnt325

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the nunchuck only control scheme was a novel idea...but the clunkiness that comes along with it definitely disappears when you plug in that classic controller. Speeds things up immensely.

Puxel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jnt325 said:
I think the nunchuck only control scheme was a novel idea...but the clunkiness that comes along with it definitely disappears when you plug in that classic controller. Speeds things up immensely.
I don't own one at the moment, and I need a good reason to spend $30 (and the gamecube controller isn't my first choice for playing all my N64 VC games. If this game seems like it's getting slow I'll have to pick one up. Thanks for letting us know.
smile.gif

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
benshi said:
Please keep us informed on other games you're not going to play, your comments are always so insightful.

i don't see how ones personal opinion should have any effect on what you think?, i have a right to say what i want about the game i ain't going to lie and say the game is awesome am i?

like i said before i can't stand the dynasty warriors games on the ps2 (and now on the ps3 god help us) i have no reason at all to play this game....and i wont take the chance....
Because all the games Koei makes have been Dynasty Warriors titles on the PS2.
rolleyes.gif

Don't talk about threadshitting like it's a right. If you're going to troll at least make it funny.

Chinman

Trophies
XP
Country
as far as i can tell you dont need to trucha this. didnt actually play the game but skipped past the title screen, talked to my sister in the game, and went to look for my dad in the cockpit, so as far as i can tell its fine. im also on 3.1E

laurenz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
thebobevil said:
adzix said:
thebobevil said:
Ah, the old "I can't argue, so I'll not argue" defence lol

Well, as you are someone who believes that all games by any given publisher, are identical to all other games by that same given publisher, I'll let you run off to frolic in ignorance
tongue.gif

but this game is being released on the same system as some random shovelware release by another company that i can't recall right now.
so it's only fair to assume this one will suck, too.
oh yeah, just in case you're gonna say i can't argue, i'll let you know this: you're a fanboy and a meanie.
now stop wasting my time, as i need to visit some more msg boards to let other people know what sucks.
hahahahahahahahaha
Ah, the old "I can't come up with something clever, so i'll just act cool and laugh" defence lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse