Wii #0592 - Super Smash Bros Brawl (USA)

Hardcore Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Man, this Spectator Mode kicks the proverbial. I'm messing about on the 'puter and there's hectic brawl tournies blasting away on my telly. Some crazy shit game.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
i was playing classic mode with link and when i beat the hand and got to the credits that error message came up "the disc could not be read" again i tried re inserting the disc but the stupid error message won't go away, i have to start again with link
frown.gif

jaapie18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The game crash sometimes with me. What could it be. I burned it on a verbatim dl layer dvdr+ and used the layerbreak. i have an pal wii and wiikey

tehbubster

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jaapie18 said:
The game crash sometimes with me. What could it be. I burned it on a verbatim dl layer dvdr+ and used the layerbreak. i have an pal wii and wiikey

I'm having the same problem as you and jalaneme, but I have a NTSC-U wii. The only place I've noticed it so far, however has been on the intro video. It will randomly slow down and the music will cut out and in at random points. SSE appears not to have the problems in the videos. Every time I restart it skips at different places and occasionally it will give me an error. I've burned the game twice (once at 4X and once at 2.4x) and it has done the same thing both times. The only things that I can think of that would be causing this are my media (Memorex DVD+R DL) or my wii's laser(though I have never had a bad backup before and JAP brawl works fine).

Anyone else having this problem or have any advice?

Jools07

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
killer23d it looks like your layerbreak was 2077919 and you say it works fine. I've been told to use 2084960. Can anyone specify which I should use before burning in CloneCD.

vgambit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just burned the DVD9 of US Brawl to a Memorex 2.4x DVD+R DL using ImgBurn without messing around with layerbreaks.

works fine on my wiikey

funkinlesson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sheeze said:
funkinlesson said:
I may also be wrong, but I have seen people say that they burned the game without specifying a layer break, and it worked with the WiiKey, although that method may not work for other mod chips. Also, I think if you use BrickBlocker, you'll remove the update that's required to run, so I believe you need to patch it rather than BrickBlock it. Post 19 in this thread has the program you need for patching: -

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=76736&st=15

Open the ISO with Trucha, extract the __update.inf file from the first partition, patch it, re-insert it, sign the partitions, then burn it. That's what I'm going to try anyway!

thanks for your reply. I'm still downloading the game so I can't do it now. can you please report back what you did after you make it work?
and if someone who did it already can write it I would be happy
grog.gif
It worked for me. I'm using a PAL Wii (3.2E) with a WiiKey (1.9g). Here's what I did: -

1. Replace the __update.inf file with the patched ProphSSBB.inf using Trucha Signer and sign both partitions - no need to rename the patched inf file, as it renames itself.
2. Change the region to PAL with RegionFrii (optional, I guess).
3. Burn at 2.4X (the disc's rated speed) on Verbatim DVD+R DL using ImgBurn with the layer break setting on "Calculate optimal".

The game works fine so far and I have no duplicate channels. Hope that helps!

trunksu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I dl wzrd-ssbb and burned it successfully.

I have a d2ckey with a NTSC wii bought in the US

it then asked me to update. i read in the previous post that is ok for me to update but can some1 please confirm on this. thank you. i just don't want to brick my wii.

Yosaku

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey folks,

got mine to work...or almost (90%)
First of all, i use the Argon Infectus Chip (v1.8) and a PAL Wii.

My first attempt was rather simple, patch with Region Frii and burn on a Verbatim DL+Rwith 2,4x speed.
Worked fine to the point where the Intro should start.

Then I got the "disc read error" stuff.
First thought: "damn my only DL Disc! Gone for nothing!"
Then i read about burning it to a DVD5, just wanted to test if it works at all!

So, 2nd attempt, burned it on a Verbatim +R with 4x.
Aaand, guess what? Works fine, yes!
I didn't use region frii at all so I can't read all the text at the bottom screen (and see the damage) which is...annoying.

3rd attempt.
same as above, but region frii'd it before.
But, same problem as above! Cut off at the bottom screen.
Can anyone explain me how to use this VMC stuff? And if it helps...

Well, it was pretty cool that it worked at all, but I was not happy because it crashed alot, because almost half of the data is missing XD
So i tried a little "switch trick" and it works perfect!

Load with the DVD 5, go to the SSBB main Menu and switch it with the DVD9
No problems, at all, no disc read error or anything! just plays fine.
(Just one crash after finishing the classic mode, Blackscreen, don't know why..)

If you have the same problem as i had, the disc reading stuff, try the trick above it might help!
smile.gif

Yosaku

P.S.
I think my Wii got some Probs after the NTSC update (i know i shouldn't, right?) i got a green flickering bar at the top now, in every game (zelda i.e.) any ideas how to get rid of this?

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, this game seems like it has potential. Anyone heard of this game or know how good it is? My friends all have been waiting for it forever. Don't know what the big deal is. Never heard of "Super Smash Bros." Anyone know if it is worth picking up when it hits the bargain bin?

roboz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
golden said:
Hmm, this game seems like it has potential. Anyone heard of this game or know how good it is? My friends all have been waiting for it forever. Don't know what the big deal is. Never heard of "Super Smash Bros." Anyone know if it is worth picking up when it hits the bargain bin?
You must not be a real gamer if you never heard/played super smash bros.. Basically it's a pretty fun fighting game that is kind of like Nintendo's Halo.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
roboz said:
golden said:
You must not be a real gamer if you never heard/played super smash bros.. Basically it's a pretty fun fighting game that is kind of like Nintendo's Halo.
Nintendo's Halo? Ah, I see. So it is a gun and gore game. Will, seems kind of misleading with Mario and friends on it. If it is similar to Halo's violence then it should at least be rated M.

gazzaman2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
just killed my wii
frown.gif

i used a Verbatim photo printable + DVD burned at 2.4x speed used new version of brick blocker for dual layre and regionfrii put game in asked to update so i did, already had dual channels neway, game loaded fine played for a hour not one problem. pioneer burner used with img burn with the layr break

thought right ill try it on cheap ricoh + DVD burnt game same as above

loaded game up when the intro video shows it came up could not read disc just as mario appeared on screen, i ejected and put my verbatim back in and it continued playing fine, had few battles then i turned the wii off, tried it again with the cheap ricoh disk, it crashed same part of into video i thought this time ill press the reset, heard the lazer clicking away didnt do anything wouldnt even turn off holding the power button so i pulled power out back

now i turn my console on tv detects that theres an input as it goes from dark black to light black but doesnt say press A to begin on the warning screen when you turn the wii on
frown.gif

bloody thing dont use cheap DVD dual layre buy verbatim +DVDr!

good job i got a spare parts wii with working mobo

IxthusTiger

Cruddy's Buddy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bob Loblaw said:
Use that layer break. It's the one the retail uses.

Daimakaimura said:
i've been saying that since page 8
don't breaklayer it

ARGH! I have YAOSM v2 final. Which of these is true for me?

I used the layer break on the JPN version. How is the US version different?

EDIT: Based on another thread, I think I'll go with Daimakaimura's advice.

Posts merged

QUOTE(gazzaman2k @ Mar 10 2008, 06:27 PM)
just killed my wii
frown.gif

Rip out the chip and send it to nintendo for repair. Blame it on a power outage.

Jaems

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have finally finished downloaded, but am hesitating to burn because I only have one DL disc left, and I'm scared of all these errors and shit I'm hearing about in this topic.

Can anyone tell me what is suggested for my situation?:
NTSC-U Wii, 3.2U
Wiikey 1.9g

I do use the DVD9 Japanese version, but have to switch it with the DVD5 to boot it up.

So what is suggested to get this damn thing to work? :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ