Wii #0592 - Super Smash Bros Brawl (USA)

Hardcore Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Daimakaimura said:
IxthusTiger said:
kingdruid said:
Why are people recommending 2084960? Just let it burn the default break.

The layer break is calculated based on the amount of data you want to burn on a disc. Forcing a value for any disc is not a good idea.

That may be why people are having problems.

So even though the layer break worked on mine for the JPN release, I shouldn't do it for this one?

i've been saying that since page 8
don't breaklayer it

Maybe for wiikey owners but owners of d2ckey had to layer break the caravan dvd9 jap release or it wouldn't work. Wiikey owners didn't have to layer break it. I imagine this is the exact same.

Posts merged

mantorras said:
QUOTE(Viictoriio @ Mar 10 2008, 08:59 PM) QUOTE(mantorras @ Mar 10 2008, 09:55 PM)
omgoshhhhh the iso is FINALLY MINE and i have verbatims -r DL what should i dooooooo guyz

PAL wiikey 1.9g don't want dupes!

EDIT: I BOUGHT -R AND NOT +R IS THAT OK? THEY WERE EXPENSIVE AS FUCK !
No. You'll need +R.
You're joking. TELL ME YOU'RE JOKING

GUYS, TELL ME THIS GUY IS JOKING

I BOUGHT A 5 PACK OF VERBATIM DVD-R DL FOR 26€!!! ALREADY OPENED IT, CAN'T TRADE IT!

*ahem*

You, sir, are joking. I use -R with single layer games with no problems.

You are, aren't you?
frown.gif

You should be fine if you have wiikey. Just burn. +r's are to set the layer break. I'm positive it doesn't need setting for wiikey.

Viictoriio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hardcore Gamer said:
Maybe for wiikey owners but owners of d2ckey had to layer break the caravan dvd9 jap release or it wouldn't work. Wiikey owners didn't have to layer break it. I imagine this is the exact same.

Posts merged

mantorras said:
Viictoriio said:
mantorras said:
omgoshhhhh the iso is FINALLY MINE and i have verbatims -r DL what should i dooooooo guyz

PAL wiikey 1.9g don't want dupes!

EDIT: I BOUGHT -R AND NOT +R IS THAT OK? THEY WERE EXPENSIVE AS FUCK !
No. You'll need +R.
You're joking. TELL ME YOU'RE JOKING

GUYS, TELL ME THIS GUY IS JOKING

I BOUGHT A 5 PACK OF VERBATIM DVD-R DL FOR 26€!!! ALREADY OPENED IT, CAN'T TRADE IT!

*ahem*

You, sir, are joking. I use -R with single layer games with no problems.

You are, aren't you?
frown.gif

You should be fine if you have wiikey. Just burn. +r's are to set the layer break. I'm positive it doesn't need setting for wiikey.
Well, I burned a DVD-R DL today and that turned into a 001 error.

The same iso burned on a DVD+R DL and it worked perfectly. So the DVD-R DL media isn't really supported by a Wiikey I guess.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
PAL 3.2E launch Wii with wiikey game works fine using rioch japan dvd+r dual layer burned at 6x speed and layer break 2084960, i used Trucha Signer 0.21 to remove the update, i patched the game iso with region frii to PAL, i left my display mode in 480i in the settings and it plays fine in 480p automatically, no dual channels, only problem i am having is a message comes up saying "the game disc could not be read, please refer to the manual" while playing in classic mode, is this normal? i tried to eject and re insert the disc but the message would not go away, i reset the Wii and so far the message hasn't appeared again yet.

Shiroi Kaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just curious as to why everyone is patching the game to avoid the update... its already confirmed that the 3.2U firmware doesn't block the Zelda exploit right? Is there any real benefit to running the game on 3.1U firmware?

zebrone

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
For the sake of the precision, when i replace the original file" __update" with "ProphSSBB" i must rename it in "__update", before patching with trucha..right?

piepants

Trophies
Website
itspudding.com
XP
Country
2nd burn was a failure for me.
frown.gif

The strange thing is my drive starts to spin up with every other game I put in there. As soon as I feed it a dual layer disc, there's lots of clicking, but I can't hear the motor spin up at all.

Could be one of 3 things I guess. Bad burn (unlikely, 2 burns have failed, and I'd expect DRE's rather than flat out rejecting the disc), faulty D2CKey (unlikely, it's worked for literally everything else I've thrown at it) or bad media (it's Imation-branded Riteks, so this sounds like the obvious problem).

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Ah well i just burn, no need to regiofrii or whatever i think
tongue.gif

I have triple channels on my Wii, i really don't care
biggrin.gif

EU/US and JPN Channels
biggrin.gif

So the update will just update the US channels (again)

JPN Brawl worked without any other needs, so i assume the US will be the same
If it doesn't work on WiiKey, i can always try OpenWii or Yaosm or CycloWiz, Externel modchips are so damned handy
biggrin.gif

rodak

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
piepants said:
2nd burn was a failure for me.
frown.gif

The strange thing is my drive starts to spin up with every other game I put in there. As soon as I feed it a dual layer disc, there's lots of clicking, but I can't hear the motor spin up at all.

Could be one of 3 things I guess. Bad burn (unlikely, 2 burns have failed, and I'd expect DRE's rather than flat out rejecting the disc), faulty D2CKey (unlikely, it's worked for literally everything else I've thrown at it) or bad media (it's Imation-branded Riteks, so this sounds like the obvious problem).

Try to power off your wii completely. Start it up without SSBB in the drive, insert SSBB. If it dont work, put in another backup, eject, insert SSBB. Worked for me.

piepants

Trophies
Website
itspudding.com
XP
Country
rodak said:
Try to power off your wii completely. Start it up without SSBB in the drive, insert SSBB. If it dont work, put in another backup, eject, insert SSBB. Worked for me.

Unfortunately tried all of the above. Pulled the power, restarted, disc wouldn't read. Put in a burn of Zack & Wiki, that read fine, ejected, put brawl back in, another error.

Going to pick up some 2.4x Verbatim DVD+R's at lunch that I've been told worked for a mate with the Japanese version.

gov78

Ha made you Look
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well i ordered my copy yesterday so i suggest some of u guys do it the game is worth every penny.

P.S Ness and Lucas will destory any enemy that want to face them

Hardcore Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I patched the update.ini and burnt it and it works on my d2ckey pal but the music stutters on intro video and the SSE intro video, also it's slow motion. I loaded up spectator mode on WFC and the seconds take twice as long as normal. One second in the game takes over two seconds in real life.

The game only plays in 50hz

indiraider

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does the wifi not work with back ups or is the server just getting the shit kicked out of it by all the people who bought the game?

Jaymz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey, i have NTSC-U console with 3.2u, i burned it on verbatim +dl on 2.4 with imageburn, with and without breaking point, i had to use trucha to remove the #001 error since i have some god forsaken modchip called wiican and when i start the game i get past the part when it says "loading" and then a white screen appears, the drive spins a little and i get an error - "An error has occourred. Press the eject button, remove the game disc...".

Anyone has any idea what this is related to? bad burn? the lousy modchip? dirty lens? is there anything else i could try?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...