Wii #0529 - Dairantou Smash Brothers X (Japan)

• Thread starter JPH
  • Start date
  • Views 164,044
  • Replies 961
  • Likes 1

A Divine Unicorn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1.9g wiikey, new vers. of brickblocker on nstsc USA wii
burned on memorex+r dl 2.4x, can boot it

but i get a black screen as soon as i boot it... should i attempt NOT using brickblocker?

if i don't use brickblocker, should i use regionfrii? or should i try both on a disc?

i'm pulling my hair out over this one. haha

mp5

Trophies
XP
Country
I've got a fully updated 3.1 NTSC Wii with a 1.9g Wiikey and the dual channels from the DVD9 release with no brickblock or regionfrii, on a memorex DVD+R DL.

I got "Error #001 Unauthorized Device" about 18 times out of the 20 I tried to load this game last night. The other 2 times, the game froze on the fadeup to white before the intro movie starts.

As of now the most likely solution seems to be using regionfrii on the dvd9 iso beforehand, but can anyone give me any other advice besides buying other discs?

nd731

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried burning the DVD9 version onto a HP DL dvd+r and the wii doesnt seem to recognize the disc at all. Does anyone know why? i also tried the swap trick and that didn't work either. I have:

NTSC U
Wiikey with 1.9g
3.1J fw

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
might be your dvd's, try a different brand. wiikey seems to be the most compatible modchip for smash bros (dvd9). You can also try a different burning program, I use ImgBurn.

lawlcake

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hi!
I got Pal Wii 3.1e with wiikey 1.9g. I burned DVD9 with imgburner on a Verbatim 2.4x DVD+R DL i didnt use brickblocker or regionfree or anything. When i put the dvd in wii i get "unable to read"
Other people have done the exact same thing but without this error.
I would be thankful if anyone could help me
Thanks in advance!Â
smile.gif
I'm getting the same problem as this fellow here, but the main difference is that my Wii is 3.1U NTSC-U and I used ImgBurn at 2.4x.

Help would be most appreciated!!! I'm tearing out my skull for this game to work!

Jokiz

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
PAL Wii 3.1E with Wiikey 1.9g
Burned on Verbatim 8x Singapore

Everything seems to be fine here except the game froze when I used Marios DOWN B attack in SSE :S

cwapface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Woohoo, 3.1U with wiikey, burned memorex DL and had endless read errors. Changed imgburn book type to dvd-rom and it's damn near flawless

stArman15

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi again!
I got Pal Wii 3.1e with wiikey 1.9g. I burned DVD9 with imgburner on a Verbatim 2.4x DVD+R DL. I didnt use brickblocker or regionfree or anything and i updated fully so i have 2 extra channels. i get the Error 001: unauthorized device detected.
I know that many other are having the same problem but the disturbing thing is that the SL gets the same error( Error 001: unauthorized device detected). I have tried a dvd5 with and without brickblocker and the both gives me the same error.
I have already used 2 Verbatim 2.4x DVD+r DL(thats 10$
frown.gif
)
I have only 1 Verbatim 2.4x DVD+r DL left and im thinking about trying to patch it with regionfree and brickblocker1.32 but im afraid i will lose my last DVD.
What do you guys say? Should i try it?

junkmonk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi again!
I got Pal Wii 3.1e with wiikey 1.9g. I burned DVD9 with imgburner on a Verbatim 2.4x DVD+R DL. I didnt use brickblocker or regionfree or anything and i updated fully so i have 2 extra channels. i get the Error 001: unauthorized device detected.
I know that many other are having the same problem but the disturbing thing is that the SL gets the same error( Error 001: unauthorized device detected). I have tried a dvd5 with and without brickblocker and the both gives me the same error.
I have already used 2 Verbatim 2.4x DVD+r DL(thats 10$Â
frown.gif
 )
I have only 1 Verbatim 2.4x DVD+r DL left and im thinking about trying to patch it with regionfree and brickblocker1.32 but im afraid i will lose my last DVD.
What do you guys say? Should i try it?

Before you try anything check if the region free in your wiikey is enabled via setup disc 1.3

TheStump

Got Wood?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
EVERYONE, there is an entire thread about what media has been most successful burning SSBB dvd9, go find it!

on another note, i can't believe the people complaining about spending a whole $10 on blank dvd's to burn their pirated (free $50US/$100AU) game. Grow up, your getting something (which is most certainly worth buying and waiting for) for free and you complain about your lack of research you have applied to getting a pirated game working.
either,

A) trying researching
B) be patient and STFU and stop flooding the forums with your endless "HOW TO GET BRAWL WORKING ON MY WIIKEY" posts.

considering the average post count here is about 10, i could care less about your opinions, so keep them to yourself and keep the chatter about HOW to get the game working in the other thread.

stArman15

Trophies
XP
Country
junkmonk thanks for answering but i have already checked the regionoverride and put it on "ON".
maybe i should change from 6x to 3x? edit: just did didnt work
And thanks TheStump for flooding, by the way the more people asks for help the more there is to read
i have been working on this for 10hours now...
edit: Is there a way to check if you got the 1.9g version?. the one who chipped the wiikey told me he updated it to 1.9g but im not sure anymore...

TheStump

Got Wood?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
And thanks TheStump for flooding, by the way the more people asks for help the more there is to read
i have been working on this for 10hours now...

Wow i flooded a 61 page topic with one post.
wink2.gif

"the more people asks for help the more there is to read", the only problem is that its all the same crap. If you used the SEARCH function you would realise that all the other newcomers are making new threads about their issues. Theres about a thousand of them, i'm sure your problem have been answered about 20 times at least, your just to lazy to search for it. Which would have saved you about 9 of those 10 hours.

"i have been working on this for 10hours now..." ....all i have to say is wow.
rofl2.gif

lecture.gif
Please keep discussion about the game itself rather than how to get it working on .
You all may as well be asking "DOES IT WORK ON PAL?!"

it seems brawl's release date hasn't even been announced in Australia yet, looks like 4th quarter ATM. Man we get screwed over something fierce by release dates here. I really do hope N starts releasing online content soon. I feel bad that so many people are modding theirs wii's because of release dates and prices, which intern steers 3rd party devs away, but its the only way we can convince N to start doing something similar to Steam. If N starts releasing full downloadable games via some online server at a much cheaper price, we all win. Devs can release games easier, we pay less, consoles sell more (if thats even possible ATM) and the only losers are places like EBgames and Gamestop, who in all honesty no one likes.

Kenshin2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i have used verbatim dl..but i get the error 0001

have wiikey 1.9g

i´ve read here that other users got it to work with verbatim...

is there any solution?

Sick Wario

Club Nintendo
Trophies
XP
Country
new problem here people.
after playing every mode, and i unlock all characters in vs matches, now going through SSE. right after the video of bowser making zelda into a trophy i get a freeze every time, on multiple discs of multiple speeds.

has anyone got that far?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol