Wii #0529 - Dairantou Smash Brothers X (Japan)

• Thread starter JPH
  • Start date
  • Views 164,084
  • Replies 961
  • Likes 1

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah I have played the game. I do not recall it saying that, but than again I cant read Japanesse. Its possible the option you are reffering to is for something other than what your thanking about. I have read on several sites the Brawl save data is copy protected. Just tried it right now. It says "This file cannot be copied". I dont remember seeing anything about choose wii internal memory or sd card for game data, and I really dont want to delete my save data to test that. Speaking of which, does anyone know why this game takes 128 blocks of memory, most only take 1-5.

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you even played SSBB yet!? When you start the game it asks if you want to save on an SD card or internal memory. Practically the first thing you can do to enter the menu!

The first yes/no prompt is asking you to create a save. It is not asking if you want to save to the SD card. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2enlWg2rIpE go to 2:19 to see the first prompt.

I kinda figured thats what its asking you. Alot, if not all wii games ask if its ok to create a save data for the game.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you even played SSBB yet!? When you start the game it asks if you want to save on an SD card or internal memory. Practically the first thing you can do to enter the menu!

The first yes/no prompt is asking you to create a save. It is not asking if you want to save to the SD card. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2enlWg2rIpE go to 2:19 to see the first prompt.

That wasn't the prompt I was talking about. Perhaps it was in the options then. In any case, there was a prompt that asks you where you want to save to, an SD card or internal memory (even shows nice little pictures).

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That wasn't the prompt I was talking about. Perhaps it was in the options then. In any case, there was a prompt that asks you where you want to save to, an SD card or internal memory (even shows nice little pictures).
Yeah I know what your talking about now, It allows you to make snapshots of screen while your in battle, you can do this by pausing than pressing b while fighting i belive. You access your snapshots here, and than choose to save them to sd card or wii internal memory. You can also move them back and fourth. I dont think you can access these in wii photo channel tho, they are probably not real JPGs.

fenix4o9

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hey guys im trying to solve my problem with the dvd 9Â wii brickblocker
and regionfrii

somone who can just boot up the dvd 9 that did the 15%trick(no double channels)

what ver. of region free did you use?? do we even have to use region free

i think the regionfrii is my problem now when i use it it corrects the region to usa but it give me a little code that says game mismatch or something like that
and then when i use brickblocker it tells me that im still in j region
so i tossed back in regionfrii and its telling me usa

hmm i think thats my prob. why im gettting error 001 when i burn the dvd9 with both brickblocker and regionfrii done to the iso

im buring now without regionfrii.. just brickblocker..

so again someone with it working 100% without double channels and with out swaping what ver of regionfrii r you using and give a link please
well my burn with just brickblocker still gave me error 001.. im going to check my wiikey config.. 1.3 is the newest disk from what ive seen ?
if anyone has any ideas let me know

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys im trying to solve my problem with the dvd 9  wii brickblocker
and regionfrii

i think the regionfrii is my problem now when i use it it corrects the region to usa but it give me a little code that says game mismatch or something like that

hmm i think thats my prob. why im gettting error 001 when i burn the dvd9 with both brickblocker and regionfrii done to the iso

so again someone with it working 100% without double channels and with out swaping what ver of regionfrii r you using and give a link please

well my burn with just brickblocker still gave me error 001.. im going to check my wiikey config.. 1.3 is the newest disk from what ive seen ?

are you able to play mario galaxy? it has the same protection as smash bros. I dont have a wiikey but I thought 1.9 is the newest. I am not totally sure tho

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys im trying to solve my problem with the dvd 9  wii brickblocker
and regionfrii

You DID use BrickBlocker 1.3R2, right?

ps2gamer2k7

Trophies
XP
Country
hi guys new to this site just thought id let you know my tests

burned DL version with aone 8x dvd+r @ 4x using nero 8 patched to pal using friiwii
game plays fine only one prob its black a screen music is playing fine
cry.gif

im using a pal wii with the jap firmware update (double channels)
have a wiikey with 1.9g installed

i havent been able to access the wiikey config setting to try region overide ect cose i updated
before i installed my chip using a retail super mario galaxy and this blocks the config disc (suggestings please)

im only hoping that if i buy the componet cables tomorrow it will work :'(

jpxdude

Trophies
Website
www.geekpower.co.uk
XP
Country

burned DL version with aone 8x dvd+r @ 4x using nero 8 patched to pal using friiwii
game plays fine only one prob its black a screen music is playing fineÂ
cry.gif

i havent been able to access the wiikey config setting to try region overide ect cose i updated
before i installed my chip using a retail super mario galaxy and this blocks the config disc (suggestings please)

im only hoping that if i buy the componet cables tomorrow it will work :'(

Set your screen to 50hz in the wii menu, start game. Go to options, switch off Deflicker, then you can set your wii back to 60hz. That should work.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

cry.gif

before i installed my chip  using a retail super mario galaxy and this blocks the config disc (suggestings please)

im only hoping that if i buy the componet cables tomorrow it will work  :'(

Set your screen to 50hz in the wii menu, start game. Go to options, switch off Deflicker, then you can set your wii back to 60hz. That should work.

Isn't deflicker off by default? Anyways, ps2gamer2k7, I had the same problem with setup 1.3 not working. I put in 1.2 and it worked just fine. Might want to give it a try.

jpxdude

Trophies
Website
www.geekpower.co.uk
XP
Country

cry.gif

before i installed my chip  using a retail super mario galaxy and this blocks the config disc (suggestings please)

im only hoping that if i buy the componet cables tomorrow it will work  :'(

Isn't deflicker off by default? Anyways, ps2gamer2k7, I had the same problem with setup 1.3 not working. I put in 1.2 and it worked just fine. Might want to give it a try.

Hi!

Deflicker option is on as default, for some reason on PAL machines, thats the reason why starting the game in 60Hz only shows a black screen, even though the game is working in the background. You have to go into the game with 50Hz, turn it off, exit to the Wii menu, put 60Hz back on, then reset the Wii. This has worked for several people
smile.gif

CuriousG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys im trying to solve my problem with the dvd 9Â wii brickblocker
and regionfrii

NTSC-U
YAOSM 2.0
Here were my steps in how I got mine to work start to finish.

Made sure I was on 3.1U firmware.
Burned DVD5
Did 15% update
Burned DVD5 with Brickblocker
Played this for a day until the DVD9 came out.
Attempted to burn DVD9 with cheapo GQ (Ricoh-Japan) brand DVD+R DL discs with auto burn settings with ImgBurn.
Attempted to reburn with cheapo GQ with 2.4X and patched with new Brickblocker using 2.4X burn setting.
Bought Fujifilm brand DVD+R DL and reburned using patched Brickblocker DVD9 image with 2.4X burn setting.
Boots fine from DVD9 (didn't have to redo 15% trick).
The only hiccup I've seen so far was viewing movies where there was a slight pause (happened about 3X total). Also noticed that the menus aren't as responsive as DVD5.

wwftheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any one burn this game with a (dual layer) dvd9 disc RITEK-D01-01 i keep getting Disc read errors on after beating classic mode or beating the first round of adventure mode and when you i first start the game on the title menu
Btw i did use the newest version of the brick blocker on my backup

enriqueiglesias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
any one burn this game with a (dual layer) dvd9 disc RITEK-D01-01 i keep getting Disc read errors on after beating classic mode or beating the first round of adventure mode and when you i first start the game on the title menu
Btw i did use the newest version of the brick blocker on my backup

Yeah, some people having minor problems (few freezes) with ritek (don't know the mid code) and tried a verbatim and had no problems since. But the those riteks seem to almost work fine, so maybe if you just try a different speed, that might be enough for you. If you recorded in 2,4x already, try 4x next time. Or viceversa.

enriqueiglesias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
For those of you with the #001 error, even if it doesn't make sense to you and you think it must be something else, the reason for it is a "bad burn" ... check the thread below and find out by yourself.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=74432&hl=

It's being repeated many many times. Although you may not believe it, 99% of the problems people are having relating to this game comes from their burners not being able to produce a disc that the wii likes with the media they are using.

You MUST try different brand quality media AND different burners (go over a friend's house or something) before you suspect anything else. Recording speeds are 2,4x recommended for older burners and older media and 4X for new burners with new, faster media.

JossyHadash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it doesn't work on ANY d2ckey ... white screen (first few frames of the intro movie) on startup, with switch it works (the same or worse) as dvd5

japanese ppl who dumped it themselves and can play it on d2ckey are now downloading the Caravan version... if the caravan doesnt work on d2ckey either, then BAD DUMP CONFIRMED !!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!