Wii #0529 - Dairantou Smash Brothers X (Japan)

• Thread starter JPH
  • Start date
  • Views 164,099
  • Replies 961
  • Likes 1

sbm888

Trophies
XP
Country
hi all - i've been reading so many people's stories about wiikey, but can anyone confirm that the dvd9 release is working on a D2CKEY please? it would be great it if it was also PAL.
thanks

Zharay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got done testing it out. Worked fine in my situation, although putting it in at first was weird. Wii Home freezed up for a split second before reading the disc, then it ran fine (could of been the tv but eh). And during start up of the game, it seemed to of taken a little bit before the intro movie would start (white screen before the movie starts, the music started and then the game just started up like usual). Other than those two quirks, the game runs like its suppose to. I tried it again to see if these two small quirks but there was no such problems the second run through.

Wiikey 1.9g, 3.1J on a US Wii (100% update), not using Brickblocker or regionfrii. DVD+R DL is a Verbatim disc and was burned at 2.4x (only speed available for me).

eternity575

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
ok... a yes or no question...
I didnt use the dvd5 or any tricks/15% ... can i just burn the dvd9 on a dl media using the new brickblocker, put it in and play without any swapping/unplugging/bashing my head into the walls?
oh.. on wiikey 1.9b (will update tonight) PAL machine.
and once again.. the english release.. march 08?

Kenshin2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i only have the dvd-9 version.. but my Dual layer arent her yet

can i split the first layer of my dvd-9 and burn them on dvd-5?

soul2soul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ok... a yes or no question...
I didnt use the dvd5 or any tricks/15% ... can i just burn the dvd9 on a dl media using the new brickblocker, put it in and play without any swapping/unplugging/bashing my head into the walls?
oh.. on wiikey 1.9b (will update tonight) PAL machine.
and once again.. the english release.. march 08?

No won't work.
you need to update with the disc, best is to do the 15% trick.
And than use the brickblocked version to play.
So you have to burn 2 versions, 1 brickblocked and 1 normal ISO.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've got a question about the type of DVD's that people use.

I noticed that almost everybody uses Verbatim. With the regular Wii games I've used all types of DVD+R, and all of them worked perfectly.

Yesterday I bought a 10-pack DVD+R DL's. The guy from the store said they were good quality, so I thought I'll just give it a try. But I have not been able to try them yet because my SSBB download wasn't finished yet.

Is Verbatim really so much better than other brands?

StacMaster-S

Trophies
Website
www.halolz.com
XP
Country
United States
I already had a small spindle of Memorex DVD+R DL's so I just burned on that (2.4x speed). Haven't had a single error yet in game!

I don't think using Verbatim is that much better than any other higher end media... but it is extremely reliable and we've found that the Wii can be picky sometimes. Personally I've been using Memorex DVD-R's for regular Wii games and they work fantastic... but of course other people's experiences may vary...

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I already had a small spindle of Memorex DVD+R DL's so I just burned on that (2.4x speed). Haven't had a single error yet in game!

I don't think using Verbatim is that much better than any other higher end media... but it is extremely reliable and we've found that the Wii can be picky sometimes. Personally I've been using Memorex DVD-R's for regular Wii games and they work fantastic... but of course other people's experiences may vary...

Thanks for clearing that up
smile.gif

Julian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All right, I went around and did a little bit of research, and I've found one person with a d2c who has the game working.

Quoting them:

nikkuchan said:
I can’t help but to think that the wii is going to be even pickier when it comes to dl media. I would also assume that many burners are strained a bit more when burning dl discs, so the chances of a lower quality burn would be higher. Maybe it’s the iso that wiisos released. Mine is a self-made backup, but I should think they would be the same since the data is identical.

source: http://psx-scene.com/forums/d2ckey/64193-s...ork-d2ckey.html

This makes me 99% sure that this is a bad dump, as people have been experiencing freezes with certain moves, and the japanese guy who made the dumping program used a D2C on that "3 min" video we've all seen. This has got to be a bad dump...

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Of course it's a bum rip, i've been saying ever since it pred.

DVD5rip+2nd layer tacked together with a copy /b command and no layer break info.... it don't take Einstein to realise that this release is extremely amaeturish.

take note that a DVD5 rip made using normal tools makes the 1st layer image bigger than a DVD9 DL disk can take on it's first layer

dydy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
All right, I went around and did a little bit of research, and I've found one person with a d2c who has the game working.

Quoting them:

nikkuchan said:
I can’t help but to think that the wii is going to be even pickier when it comes to dl media. I would also assume that many burners are strained a bit more when burning dl discs, so the chances of a lower quality burn would be higher. Maybe it’s the iso that wiisos released. Mine is a self-made backup, but I should think they would be the same since the data is identical.

source: http://psx-scene.com/forums/d2ckey/64193-s...ork-d2ckey.html

This makes me 99% sure that this is a bad dump, as people have been experiencing freezes with certain moves, and the japanese guy who made the dumping program used a D2C on that "3 min" video we've all seen. This has got to be a bad dump...

is not a bad dump

jpxdude

Trophies
Website
www.geekpower.co.uk
XP
Country

DVD5rip+2nd layer tacked together with a copy /b command and no layer break info.... it don't take Einstein to realise that this release is extremely amaeturish.

take note that a DVD5 rip made using normal tools makes the 1st layer image bigger than a DVD9 DL disk can take on it's first layerÂ

Hardcore Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country

dydy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

take note that a DVD5 rip made using normal tools makes the 1st layer image bigger than a DVD9 DL disk can take on it's first layerÂ

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, WAKE UP