Wii #0529 - Dairantou Smash Brothers X (Japan)

• Thread starter JPH
  • Start date
  • Views 164,056
  • Replies 961
  • Likes 1

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dual layer version works with wiikey, i completed the story mode which would hang after the first fight on the single layer disc.

However the virtual console games give a black screen, but maybe its because i have a pal wii?
I did not brickblock the disc, i just ran the update, so now i have 3 weather(pal,usa,jap) and 3 news (pal,usa,jap) channels.
this is because i also ran the update for mario galaxy usa so i could play that game a little early.

Someone with a japanese wii should test if the virtual console games work on the dual layer version with wiikey.

reilina

just a neophyte...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys i think that the eng ver of SSBB is going to be release early
ive watch x-play they said that they have the eng ver of the game

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hey guys i think that the eng ver of SSBB is going to be release early
ive watch x-play they said that they have the eng ver of the game
They do have it, the game is done, that's not what the second delay was for. They delayed it again because they have to produce a massive amount of copies to have available on Day 1.

Xtreamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dual layer version works with wiikey, i completed the story mode which would hang after the first fight on the single layer disc.

However the virtual console games give a black screen, but maybe its because i have a pal wii?
I did not brickblock the disc, i just ran the update, so now i have 3 weather(pal,usa,jap) and 3 news (pal,usa,jap) channels.
this is because i also ran the update for mario galaxy usa so i could play that game a little early.

Someone with a japanese wii should test if the virtual console games work on the dual layer version with wiikey.

I have the same problem with virtual console games.. thou I also have problems with adventure mode since the movies tend
to freeze, but ejecting and re-inserting the disc usually corrects the problem

PEOPLE WHO ASKED ABOUT BRICK BLOCKER

yes it now works with dl discs, and yes it works with SSMB dl copy,
and yes the brick blocked DL copy works with wiikey 1.9g

some ideas what to do if you are having problems with booting the game

- Use proper media verbatim DVD+R DL try burning with 2.4x and if no go then 4x
- Set wiikey readspeed to 3x... 6x gives read error at the menu screen atleast with my PAL wii
- Set wiikey region patching to ON
I've also had some success by changing the consoles standing position to sideways..

thehoff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and what about D2Ckey?
smile.gif

L0cky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

I have the same problem with virtual console games.. thou I also have problems with adventure mode since the movies tend
to freeze, but ejecting and re-inserting the disc usually corrects the problem

PEOPLE WHO ASKED ABOUT BRICK BLOCKER

yes it now works with dl discs, and yes it works with SSMB dl copy,
and yes the brick blocked DL copy works with wiikey 1.9g

some ideas what to do if you are having problems with booting the game

- Use proper media verbatim DVD+R DL try burning with 2.4x and if no go then 4x
- Set wiikey readspeed to 3x... 6x gives read error at the menu screen atleast with my PAL wii
- Set wiikey region patching to ON
I've also had some success by changing the consoles standing position to sideways..

same problems here

chamonofx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
chamonofx:Â did you use the new brickblocker on the DVD9?

i'm wondering if you doing the 15% trick and then running the update fully messed something up.

and to all the wiinja deluxe users, have faith, the admin on the wiinja site has always communicated well with me and if something can be done, he'll get it done for sure. and yes, the site has been down all day.
i burned another copy brickblocked with the new version, same thing. White screen

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chamonofx:  did you use the new brickblocker on the DVD9?

i'm wondering if you doing the 15% trick and then running the update fully messed something up.

and to all the wiinja deluxe users, have faith, the admin on the wiinja site has always communicated well with me and if something can be done, he'll get it done for sure.  and yes, the site has been down all day.

i burned another copy brickblocked with the new version, same thing. White screen

i'd stop wasting discs, everyone that i talked to that has wiinja or d2ckey get the same white screen freeze. Looks like we just have to wait for a modchip update.

Kenshin2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
soooo...

when i have my dvd-9 image and burn 2 discs...one brickblocked..and one not..

i ran the update and stop by 15%...then..use the brickblocked dvd-9 image
i should be able to play it with my wiikey without swapping any discs? am i right?

enriqueiglesias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Those people with a "white screen" ... have you tried just to press a key on the controller? Heard the white screen happens to some people and they just press the A key on the controller and the game starts. Of course, you also have to run the update at a certain point, either totally or partially, but run it anyway. If you only put a brick-blocked copy of the game, you won't be able to play (black screen, I think). I know this may not be your case, but just saying for others that may have similar problems.

L0cky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Z like Sunday morning