Wii #0330 - Super Mario Galaxy (USA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bibi66

Trophies
XP
Country
France
OMG! Can some admin please see our IP to confirm we're not the same person?

We just want to play that game. And if it can help...

Sicklinker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
update now!

cry.gif
Â
cry.gif
Â
cry.gif
Â
cry.gif

spelled wrong...must be "UPDATE GET!"

zebrone

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey viscera,

Brickblocker won't remove the channels, sorry. If you apply the brickblocker patch, the game won't run!

All hail Ninty, and their extremely annoying copy protection!

For PAL owners, the process for not having duplicate channels with SMG is the same as it was for MP3 (it would appear everyone has forgotten there were three steps)

a) Ensure you are patched to 3.1E via either online or using the MP3 Pal release.

b) Region patch the SMG backup to PAL. Burn to DVD. Do not apply brickblocker. Insert the game and allow SMG to apply patch to approx 10% then pull the power cord. When you reboot there will not be duplicate channels.
(If you do not yet have a compatible modchip the SMG logo will not appear in the game channel. Simply select the channel and then the after a short pause you will be asked if you want to update. After 10% pull the power).

c) Apply BrickBlocker to a new PAL patched SMG. Burn to another DVD. Now because there is partial info about the 3.1U firmware somewhere on your 3.1E Wii it will now boot the PAL patched SMG backup without trying to update.

----

I have already completed the steps above ready for when openwii or wiikey (which can be run on openwii) release a modchip firmware patch. I do not have duplicate channels and I am now able to see the SMG channel, open it, hear Mario's intro voice, then get the famous "001" black screen error.

To recap, it is possible to perform a partial update to a PAL Wii and NOT get duplicate channels.

I've pal wii fw3.0e. i've not internet connection so i've tried to update to fw3.1e with metroid prime 3pal..but there isn't the update to 3.1e fw!!!

maniza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
guys plz help me i need to know what modchip i have before i take any action to play mario how do i find out (other than opening the wii)

i want to know if i have an updateable chip or not. i want to play mario

Well, one thing you can do to narrow it down is to burn the wiikey setup disc and load it up to see if it recognizes your wiikey (if that's what it is) If it is NOT a wiikey then you are going to have to take it apart. (which isn't really that difficult so I don't know where the issue is)

what version of the set up disk shud i use? for a chip i got in july 2007

Rulza

Trophies
XP
Country
guys plz help me i need to know what modchip i have before i take any action to play mario how do i find out (other than opening the wii)

i want to know if i have an updateable chip or not. i want to play mario

Well, one thing you can do to narrow it down is to burn the wiikey setup disc and load it up to see if it recognizes your wiikey (if that's what it is) If it is NOT a wiikey then you are going to have to take it apart. (which isn't really that difficult so I don't know where the issue is)

what version of the set up disk shud i use? for a chip i got in july 2007
The latest.

biscuit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NO. What we need is someone with a cyclowiz to try it and confirm the MP3 trick works.
i.e. game actually plays.

Clushje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i did the update thing on PAL, and i cannot acces my wii settings menu again.
I was on fw 2.2 and use wiikey.
I let the progress bar run till about 10-15%.

No dub channels tho.

Does anyone know if mario galaxy pal update is gonna fix my settings menu ?

I hope it does.

And next time you need to remember to have the latest firmware on your Wii before trying any new game :/

Hey all those people have just now registered to tell us the MP3 trick worked,
hopefully its not the same person trying to brick some wiis of the people beliving them.
Brilliant, just brilliant. Did you bother to check my joined date?
blink.gif

jespertje

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
ddrrmm: Your settings menu is probably screwed because you didn't have the newest version (3.1E) of the Wii's software when you updated till 10%. I think Galaxy tries to update to 3.0U. So if you're above or at 3.0E you are safe, if you're under it, then your settings menu will be screwed because it installs the settings to a different location. This won't happen in 3.0E or above because is doesn't install the new settings because you already have the new settings menu.

SnickS

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
NO. What we need is someone with a cyclowiz to try it and confirm the MP3 trick works.
i.e. game actually plays.

Why would you need that? The black screen that you get when you don't use the MP3 trick is just the game, that freezes. Just like MP3. The hardware not authorized (or whatever) error has to be prove enough that it works
wink.gif

chaseincats

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iv been asleep for the past few hours

has there been a breakthrough in getting it to work on wiikey useing mp3?

ddrrmm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks jespertje.
hope i can fix this with the next update =[

bedankt man

edit: since i was on 2.2E could i still perform an update to 3.0E and am i good to go again then?

biscuit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
APPOLOGY

Sorry to all I have doubted.

I have a cyclowiz and didn't want the channels duplicated.

I finally grew the balls to try it (the MP£ trick).

IT WORKED.

I WAS WRONG.

I'M SORRY.

Wii settings accessible. NO semi brick.

Cheers, off to play it now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU