Wii #0330 - Super Mario Galaxy (USA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbandaidx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you dont know who emu_kidid is, you should promptly close this webpage, and never use a modchip again.

brian007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't read all of the posts on this board, but I tried Prominents release of SMG and there is an update that you need to install in order to play the game. I already have the latest update 3.1U. It says that if your system is modified, the update may cause your system to be inoperable. Has anyone already tried the update and their system still works?

kristijan08

Trophies
XP
Country
@ the guy who said something about emu_kidd i hope you aren't just name dropping

@ brian007, considering that SMG won't work on anything but a d2ckey, why would you even risk it? just wait til we get some official word on the probability of a fix!

pinesal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doea anybody know if using a DVD+R and using the booktype DVD-ROM does NOT work?

I may be able to try this when the download is done.

msaraiva

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@ the guy who said something about emu_kidd i hope you aren't just name dropping

@ brian007, considering that SMG won't work on anything but a d2ckey, why would you even risk it? just wait til we get some official word on the probability of a fix!

irc.efnet.org

#tehskeen

go ask him for youself if you think i'm making this up

people on #wiihack can confirm what i said

i asked this myself because i know the guy has enough knowledge to answer my questions...he has a great rep since the gc scene days

Zhark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you dont know who emu_kidid is, you should promptly close this webpage, and never use a modchip again.

Yeah right
rofl2.gif

stok3d

Retro Gaming Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Haven't read all of the posts on this board, but I tried Prominents release of SMG and there is an update that you need to install in order to play the game. I already have the latest update 3.1U. It says that if your system is modified, the update may cause your system to be inoperable. Has anyone already tried the update and their system still works?

I assume some people must have installed that update...That's how they got to the 'Error 101' Screen...Correct me if I'm wrong, though...

So, has anyone tried the update? Inquiring minds would love to know.

potaco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I assume some people must have installed that update...That's how they got to the 'Error 101' Screen...Correct me if I'm wrong, though...

So, has anyone tried the update? Inquiring minds would love to know.
OMG IT WORKS! Why didn't anyone think to just install the update in the past 48 pages?? Seriously, come on.

HaTaX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like it's time to flood wiikey's support email with requests for it. Perhaps point them to the cyclowiz forum and state that it shouldn't require too much work if they were able to do it nearly overnight.

Or of course, just release the source on it and let the community fix it.

HipN

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why did I choose Wiikey!! Their update will take years. By then, we'll have Super Mario Universe...

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just got this to work! To prove it I'll give you a little spoiler:

******SPOILER ALERT********
mario goes into outer space
******SPOILER ALERT********

rod-wii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi guys
My name is Rod Sousa. I'm from Brazil. I've just registered here to get to know a little more about this little problem we're facing on super mario galaxy. Is it true what everyone's talking about? It can't run on a wii with a modchip installed? I'm kinda desperate since here in Brazil a nintendo wii is too much expensive and I really can't buy orignal games.
Could you guys tell me what is really going on?
I'd aprecciate if you could help us out here, please. We're all desperate
Thanks.

Zhark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, seems like an update is on the works.... in a matter of hours 'most chips will be able to play the game'

Heard that in mIRC, proper channels, from the almighty emu_kidid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that guy seriously spent over 2 grand on that hot wheels pc?
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    LTT is a noob
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: :sad: