Wii #0239 - Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (USA)

maxmoore

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So...is there any way to stop you getting duplicate channels?

I don't know... but it's a very strange behavior and inconsistence I think... but ... Has it got importance? You can play Metroid 3 as soon as possible without to wait for a Europe release. For me, If ... my fucking weather channel has an implosion ... I won't be worried for that!!
biggrin.gif

panteracfh

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
And if it is annoying to have duplicate channels, why not just move them onto one of the other screens .... it will then appear to look normal, and you won't be upset by seeing two channels the same ??

HopOnRocks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So have people in with NTSC systems been getting duplicate channels?
Has anyone tried deleteing their Weather/News channels before playing the game?

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have an NTSC Wii and I already had the new 3.0U firmware installed, but still, before launching the game I've been asked to perform a system update, which I did , in spite of the bla bla bla warning screen.
I didn't get any duplicate channel though, everything seem to be fine.......Oh and MP3 rocks !!
I got to get used to the controls of course, but I can already see that they put a lot of effort to make this gmae smooth and polished.
***Back to the couch / playing MP3.....see you !

ImperialX

Trophies
XP
Country
I have an NTSC Wii and I already had the new 3.0U firmware installed, but still, before launching the game I've been asked to perform a system update, which I did , in spite of the bla bla bla warning screen.
I didn't get any duplicate channel though, everything seem to be fine.......Oh and MP3 rocks !!
I got to get used to the controls of course, but I can already see that they put a lot of effort to make this gmae smooth and polished.
***Back to the couch / playing MP3.....see you !

That's because you use 3.0U. When 3.0U is installed on 3.0E you get duplicate channels.

lazyman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Duplicate channels is a sign that MP3 is doing Bad Things to your Wii in my opinion. To me it seems only a step below bricking your Wii completely.

maxmoore

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
That's because you use 3.0U. When 3.0U is installed on 3.0E you get duplicate channels.

Again... you can't installed 3.0U in a PAL console. If you do it... say good bye!
I think it's a inconsistence because maybe this channels has directly relationship with your region (or the console) and maybe after update it the console to run the game with a non-region-bricker update... the machine understand 2 new channels with different regions. It's a theory but maybe someone here can test it .. checking the region of these two new added channel.

2cb2ct7

Trophies
XP
Country
So now our question is, how do we stop the duplicate channels?

Someone COULD figure out why this happens and how to stop it... But... The general impression I get is that hackers/coders in the Wii scene are far less dedicated/talented than those crazy programmers in the PSP scene for example. Seems like noone can really be bothered with the Wii...

*Please don't flame me. Just my opinion. If I am way of base feel free to correct me.

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Can PAL owners who have updated with this see if they can get into and or modify their Wii settings.

When others users in the past have updated using games from other regions (When they already had the latest update from their region) this would prevent them from going into their Wii's settings and trying to update normally. They then had to wait for a new game to come out in their region to update their Wii and fix the corrupted settings.

sleeping247

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Has anyone tried this game on a NTSC J console?

I am running 3.0J updated via the internet, and am worried about getting duplicate channels, semi brick or a full brick.
Please advise.
Thanks

A

armand66

Can PAL owners who have updated with this see if they can get into and or modify their Wii settings.

When others users in the past have updated using games from other regions (When they already had the latest update from their region) this would prevent them from going into their Wii's settings and trying to update normally. They then had to wait for a new game to come out in their region to update their Wii and fix the corrupted settings.

SOMEONE, who has a PAL system, must know this by now, right?

Kilko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't feel like reading 10 pages now, so i'm just wondering....why don't anyone just use the Wii BrickBlocker to avoid the dual channels and update etc?

A

armand66

Hey armand
wink.gif
 I bet you can't wait to try this baby huh! Gotta get me another Wii man.

Hey dude, oh yeh, i'm 80% done and just waiting on confirmation it wont nuff me PAL system settings and i'm good to go mate.

Today reminded me of the 3 week early release of Fusion, the good ole days of gbatemp hehe:P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 📚 🗒️ ✏️ 🤓 +1