Wii #0239 - Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (USA)

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
first try: Verbatim -R burned @ 16x didn't work..
second try: Verbatim -R burned @ 8x didn't work.. this time I didn't write anything on the dvd...
third try: Verbatim -R burned @ 4x didn't work... however, I started DC++ after I started the burning process = not very smart
wink.gif
buffer underrun for a bit
biggrin.gif

now 4x with other discs... maybe nero phuxx up metroid or something.

SnickS

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you use Wiibrickblocker you wont get any duplicated channel, right?

Wiibrickblocker will render the disc unusable, you HAVE to leave the game untouched for it to work on a PAL wii. Far as it's known, there is no way to get rid of the two extra channels, they are there for good. You could move them over a screen to look better. However you gotta decide if having those two extra channels are worth having MP3:C early over there.

Damn. Maybe they changed the place of the update of size or something, so it's probably possible to find a way to remove it. Let's hope anyone finds it soon, or I'll have two extra channels
tongue.gif

edit: Stupid typo

Elrinth

Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
If you use Wiibrickblocker you wont get any duplicated channel, right?

Wiibrickblocker will render the disc unusable, you HAVE to leave the game untouched for it to work on a PAL wii. Far as it's known, there is no way to get rid of the two extra channels, they are there for good. You could move them over a screen to look better. However you gotta decide if having those two extra channels are worth having MP3:C early over there.

Damn. Maybe they changed the place of the update of size or something, so it's probably possible to find a way to remove it. Let's hope anyone finds it soon, or I'll have too extra channels
tongue.gif

for two months exclusivity those extra channels are definatly worth it! however, maybe some trouble might occour when making future updates on the wii.

Clushje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Damn. Maybe they changed the place of the update of size or something, so it's probably possible to find a way to remove it. Let's hope anyone finds it soon, or I'll have too extra channels
tongue.gif
According to RegionFrii the update partition stays at the same offset, and comparing the extracted data's byte size to other releases (both patched and unpatched) it appears the same. What I noticed was the "type" was different. I wish there was some way I could look into the contents of the MP3 iso and the one WiiBrickBlocker uses to patch, but can't figure out for the life of me how to do it (conventional methods don't seem to work).

din75

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A comment from another USEnet Site...

1. Ofcourse download the game.
2. Extract the ISO-files with WinRAR.
3. Make TWO NEW FOLDERS.
4. Copy the original ISO and paste one into EACH of the new folders you have created.
5. Run ONE of the copyed ISOs (leave the original alone...!) with Brick Blocker.
6. Run the OTHER copyed ISO in Region Frii (convert FROM USA to PAL!) (dont know if runing it through Region Frii is necessary, but I did it...)
7. Now burn TWO discs. ONE with the ISO that was "BrickBlocked" and the second disc with the one that was "Region Friid" (keep order of which disc is Brick Blocked and which is Friid...!).
8. Now you have two copies of Metroid Prime 3, right?
9. Try to insert the BRICK BLOCKED game. Black screen. No problem.
10. Insert the Region Friid game. It will now say "Initiating Wii System Update" and you can press "OK". Press OK, then on the next message press "I accept".
11. NOW! Let the update run for SOME SECONDS. Let perhaps 10-15% of the bar get blue, then UNPLUG your wii console!!!!!!
12. Insert the power again, turn on your Wii. You do NOT have double channels now.
13. Insert the game that you Brick Blocked (the one that used to give you a black screen...). Let it load, and BOOM; it works. Now you have a working Metroid Prime game and a non-doubled Wii

Some one else has confirmed it worked... I think its a bit risky to be fair, am gonna wait for a few more people to confirm it though...?

GeekShadow

Trophies
Website
blog.geekshadow.com
XP
Country
France
nehs :
QUOTE said:
Found this hope it helps

Allright. There is a way around this "double your News and Weather Channel" stuff. Ive done this on TWO Wiis, both with the latest 3.0 firmware (including the little one that came some days after the big 3.0 that fixed som internet channel issues) and both are modded with CycloWiiz. This is step by step how I did it on TWO Wiis (PAL ofc, BOTH got no duplicate channels!!!):

1. Ofcourse download the game.
2. Extract the ISO-files with WinRAR.
3. Make TWO NEW FOLDERS.
4. Copy the original ISO and paste one into EACH of the new folders you have created.
5. Run ONE of the copyed ISOs (leave the original alone...!) with Brick Blocker.
6. Run the OTHER copyed ISO in Region Frii (convert FROM USA to PAL!) (dont know if runing it through Region Frii is necessary, but I did it...)
7. Now burn TWO discs. ONE with the ISO that was "BrickBlocked" and the second disc with the one that was "Region Friid" (keep order of which disc is Brick Blocked and which is Friid...!).
8. Now you have two copies of Metroid Prime 3, right?
9. Try to insert the BRICK BLOCKED game. Black screen. No problem.
10. Insert the Region Friid game. It will now say "Initiating Wii System Update" and you can press "OK". Press OK, then on the next message press "I accept".
11. NOW! Let the update run for SOME SECONDS. Let perhaps 10-15% of the bar get blue, then UNPLUG your wii console!!!!!!
12. Insert the power again, turn on your Wii. You do NOT have double channels now.
13. Insert the game that you Brick Blocked (the one that used to give you a black screen...). Let it load, and BOOM; it works. Now you have a working Metroid Prime game and a non-doubled Wii

THANKS SETEM

Admins please post that on main page for PAL noobs
wink.gif

edit: almost 20 pages !! make me think of Super Paper Mario or Wii 3.0 topics
smile.gif

maxpouliot

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just tried the game. It updated then restarted my wii. Then i can enter the game, but, when i do, it says : game disk unreadable... I burned it on a different type of dvd. I'm trying now to reburn on a dvd that i use all the time. Hope that works...

am i the only one with this problem? I have a USA Wii

SnickS

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wow, I hope it works. If i saw this 2 min. later then I would've had the extra channels. Keep us up2date clushje. (don't know if it's brave or just stupid, but someone has to be the first one, I guess....
tongue.gif
)

SnickS

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm also waiting. But let's give him some time, burning 2 DVD's at low speed can take some time, and it's almost midnight in the UK, I think. Let's just hope that he won't wait till tomorrow before posting his results
tongue.gif

soul2soul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Elrinth

Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
CONFIRMED WORKING.

I JUST DID EXACTLY LIKE EVERYONE ELSE!!! GOGOGO !!!

as the påerson before:
*Is happy*
biggrin.gif

Thanks clushje and din57
bow.gif

Now I'm playing!!
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.