Wii #0174 - Biohazard 4 Wii Edition (Japan)

NarcoticV

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So is this worth downloading or will an EU or US version appear soon? Any release date known yet?

And is the storyline apparent through the english voice acting, or do I need japanese language skills to play?

Thx

Darkforce

DERP!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Whys this release number incorrectly?
Probably because I posted the release?
cry.gif

Erm what number should it be if that's the case? Our numbering is a bit different to nextrl.it etc... thanks to all the fake pal releases/nukes.

smile.gif

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think he's just confused because you posted this before Mario Party 8 so the listed numbers go 172, 174, 173...
tongue.gif

jaxxster

The Heretic
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Sorry man, Did you just change the number? Im so tired i dont know if i was imagining stuff
tongue.gif
It should be 174...as it is now.

*I think i got confused and thought this was 173 due to the way its shown on the front page...Bed time i think
tongue.gif

Darkforce

DERP!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well this is my first time posting releases... >_>;
I accidently posted Biohazard 4 first as 0173 then Mario Party 8 as 0174, which was the wrong way round! I was able to change the release number so now they're now labelled correctly but I can't change the order on the site so MP8 is stuck at the top! Sorry!
tongue.gif

Anyways, to anyone who has the game, I take it the game is graphically identical to the GC version with the addition of widescreen support? Knowing how bad Capcom messed up the PC port I was kinda worried the Wii version would take a turn for the worse.

smile.gif

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well, the Wii IS just two Gamecubes duct taped together, so of course it's best games are Gamecube "ports". Cause it IS a Gamecube!
tongue.gif
Right... So how do you use a Wiimote on the Gamecube again? And where do these updated graphics and internet services come from?
updated graphics? *cough*
RE4 is the best looking Wii game to date, and it's only a port of a GC game...
Of course, I'm aware that games like Smash Bros. Brawl and Mario Galaxy will look better than the average GameCube game, but the difference is so small it barely justifies a new console

anyway, the only thing the GameCube needed to be used with the Wiimote is a bluetooth dongle...it has been done on the PC, and I'm sure someone will get the Wiimote to work with the Xbox360 or PS3 also...

so, there definitely is a reason why people aren't calling the Wii a next-gen console, seeing how the only technical differences to the GameCube are built-in WiFi and Bluetooth support and a minimally upgraded hardware...

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
... Oh... Right...

I'm feeling really stupid right now
wacko.gif
Â
happy.gif

I surf a lot on Dutch gaming forums, and in EVERY (yes, really every) thread about the Wiisomeone talks about the Wii being a downgraded PS2...

Oh come on, even the Gamecube is slightly more powerful then the PS2, how can the Wii be any less than that ?
On the previous generation it went like this:
Xbox>Gamecube>PS2 , and the only thing less powerful than that was the Dreamcast.
The Wii is clearly better then a Dreamcast, isn't it ?
There was the occasional game which was built from scratch with one console in mind and would be shine better on that one, regardless of the real horse power of the systems, but in general, the PS2 saw somehow downgraded version of multiplatform games.
With all due respect to Dutch people in general, those Dutch kids that write on that message board must be really stupid, but with such a statement , they must be clearly a PS2 fanboy, and they probably never had the chance to play with a Wii anyway...

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Most dutch kids are really fucking stupid
smile.gif

They repeat someone else his statement and are to retarded to figure things out for themselfs ...

Dutch or Flemish
rofl2.gif
tongue.gif

héhé
rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif

ow, kids
tongue.gif
héhé, nevermind then
gbasp.gif
Lol, let's spam this topic with Belgian Jokes! Dutch people unite!!!

tongue.gif

I don't think you can say Dutch or Belgian kids are stupid... It's about the same in all countries.

Btw, DjoeN, does your statement mean that you think your kids are stupid
wtf.gif

Well, the Wii IS just two Gamecubes duct taped together, so of course it's best games are Gamecube "ports". Cause it IS a Gamecube!
tongue.gif
Right... So how do you use a Wiimote on the Gamecube again? And where do these updated graphics and internet services come from?
updated graphics? *cough*
RE4 is the best looking Wii game to date, and it's only a port of a GC game...
Of course, I'm aware that games like Smash Bros. Brawl and Mario Galaxy will look better than the average GameCube game, but the difference is so small it barely justifies a new console

anyway, the only thing the GameCube needed to be used with the Wiimote is a bluetooth dongle...it has been done on the PC, and I'm sure someone will get the Wiimote to work with the Xbox360 or PS3 also...

so, there definitely is a reason why people aren't calling the Wii a next-gen console, seeing how the only technical differences to the GameCube are built-in WiFi and Bluetooth support and a minimally upgraded hardware...
The hardware is at least twice as strong as the Gamecube. That's not what I call a minimal hardware upgrade, certainly not when you take the WiFi and Bluetooth support.

I know, you technically could get a Wiimote to work on a Gamecube (I actually use GlovePIE to use it on my PC too
smile.gif
), but when you take all the new things (twice as strong hardware, bluetooth for Wiimote, USB, WiFi, etc.) it certainly is a currentgen console.

The DS (and certainly the Gameboy series!) aren't technical wonders. But they are improvement, and enough improvement to create new games for it that weren't possible (as easy) on another system.
Didn't you like the GBA because it had only a minimal hardware upgrade and some new buttons?

... Oh... Right...

wacko.gif
Â
happy.gif

I surf a lot on Dutch gaming forums, and in EVERY (yes, really every) thread about the Wiisomeone talks about the Wii being a downgraded PS2...

Oh come on, even the Gamecube is slightly more powerful then the PS2, how can the Wii be any less than that ?
Xbox>Gamecube>PS2 , and the only thing less powerful than that was the Dreamcast.
There was the occasional game which was built from scratch with one console in mind and would be shine better on that one, regardless of the real horse power of the systems, but in general, the PS2 saw somehow downgraded version of multiplatform games.
With all due respect to Dutch people in general, those Dutch kids that write on that message board must be really stupid, but with such a statement , they must be clearly a PS2 fanboy, and they probably never had the chance to play with a Wii anyway...
I know they are. This confirms that there are some stupid Dutch people indeed.
Most of them are quite smart though. If you state that the Wii is more powerful than the PS2 they acknowledge it. While there may be some people who still prefer the NES, they won't say that consoles haven't evolved.

I'm a Gamecube fanboy, but I won't say the Xbox is less powerful. There are tons of people who still don't believe the PS2 is less powerful though...

But hey, this discussion was about: is the Wii nextgen? For me, it is. A whole other question would be: is it worth buying? I think it isn't at the moment. Actually, at this point, I think the only console worth buying is the Xbox 360. The PS3 and Wii simply don't have enough games yet.

Now you can all bash me again XD

Edit: wait, another question was: can the Wii-version of RE4 use Gamecube-saves? Someone should have played this version and try this....

NarcoticV

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@ the guy who thinks all that is needed for a wiimote is a bluetooth dongle...

You forget to note that the controller is also a part of a console's design, as every game will be controlled in that way. You say all that was needed for the wiimote was a bluetooth dongle, while it also requires:
- The idea itself (which is pretty unique, featuring its shape, motion controllers, and IR-functionality)
- The development of the controller itself (a lot tougher than a bluetooth dongle, i would say)
- The development of software for using the controller (Definitely a lot harder than getting input from a button/joystick controller, because it is so much more analogue and unpredictable)

The point is, even if the wiimote will at some time work with xbox360, no one will play games with them, other than maybe some homebrew. That is why the Wii has something that xbox360 and ps3 don't have; even if it is not strictly technological.

And at the same time, for the wii to work with the wiimote, a wiimote is needed. wiimotes wouldn't even have been there without wii's. They are an integral part of the console itself.

The Dutch have spoken.
lecture.gif

aligborat69

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it normal for JAP games running on PAL machines to need to change from HDTV to 60hz? Is it because they are not programmed for it? Ive never had to change my PAL machine back from HDTV since getting the component cable for any USA or UK/PAL games, just wondered if when the USA RE4 or PAL RE4 comes out, if we have to change back from HDTV to 60Hz to play too?

Also, i tried this for about an hour, i love the new controls, they are perfect and SO much better, its amazing just what controls can do to a game, godfather proved that and this does it again, the aiming to shoot is brilliant, ive played this before but never got around to finishing it, i think i will make the effort to go all the way and beat the wii one!

May wait for the USA or PAL first, so i dont miss any clues in japanese!

hevyhomie

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
... Oh... Right...

wacko.gif
Â
happy.gif

let me correct you: Xbox>Dreamcast>Gamecube>PS2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo