Wii #0169 - Mario Strikers Charged Football (Europe)

Tux10

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Quick question, not sure if anyone can answer this so it might be more of a something to think about question:

If you update your system with an European update from the 2.2U and then an actual update comes out in the US, is there any chance that the US update conflicts with the European update and bricks you Wii?

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I only use this account because I was too lazy to make my own.. Either way you'll see that it works soon enough
smile.gif

(No, I'm not from the US btw)I'm assuming this is a bug-me-not or similar shared public account then, are the mods/admins OK with these? I can't see anything about it in the rules but these are largely frowned upon in forum communities.
Why not just join up if you want to be part of the conversation?
QUOTE([Truth said:
@ May 24 2007, 04:09 AM)]
ok i cant find this on usenet all mine comes up with is about 5 versions of the cube game. any info on what to type into the search?
here you go:
http://70.86.154.13/?q=all-mario&adv_g=&adv_age=7&max=500
I'm not trying to be a forum NAZI or anything but this seems a little too close to supplying a link to warez downloads to be safe for the board.
Maybe some moderation is required?

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pretty sure i have to send it to warranty. :S
You have a PAL game applying a PAL update to your PAL Wii... What's the problem exactly?
If it is stuck there some others have reported this happening with improperly burned discs. I don't believe the Wii console is damaged if it cannot finish the update. You'll find out once you reset though I guess.

UchihaE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't think your screwed i turned off my Wii in the middle of a super paper mario update 3 times (cause i was scared), and it didnt brick my Wii
a friend put his Wii out at the end and no problems. But tell me what happenend anyway

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia

NicoLeOca

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Ok... this is what's happening to right now:
http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/6489/tv...07162200hm5.jpg

I'm pretty sure that i'm screwed...
frown.gif

Wiifree 2.45, Wii PAL on 2.1E, no internet.
frown.gif

So... I'm gonna eat breakfest and if still is on update i'm gonna reset.
frown.gif

Pretty sure i have to send it to warranty. :S

Just reset it. I'm nearly certain there wont be a problem. This happens to a lot of people. Just try the update again when you reset it.
Yes, You're right!
I had the same problem last week end and I called Nintendo Support.
The guys there told me that we can reboot our Wii without any problem, but you can't reset your Wii, you'll have to unplug it.
After switch on... suprise, it works. Just try another update!

Actually, our Wii lost connection with Nintendo servers and the update stopped.
I was afraid to reset my Wii, too.
++

[EDIT] Sorry your problem isn't with an internet connected update, but the solution seems to be the same!
++

NaTaS69

Trophies
Website
gba-tavern.pt.vu
XP
Country
Thx you guys.
smile.gif

Unpluged and is working fine.
smile.gif

Must wait for other PAL release with 2.2E update on it.

EDIT:

Tried again Mario update and no go.
Crap
frown.gif

Oh well... at least Wii is working.
smile.gif

KakTheInfected

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Quick question, not sure if anyone can answer this so it might be more of a something to think about question:

If you update your system with an European update from the 2.2U and then an actual update comes out in the US, is there any chance that the US update conflicts with the European update and bricks you Wii?

Yes, I was wondering this too...might be better to wait until July than take that risk.

xxcheesexpuffxx

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.curleycomputing.com
XP
Country
United States
game works fine for me.
fully updated ntsc console.
unpatched iso.
did an update, froze at the end, rebooted and booted into game with no problems.
played for a few hours.
can't get online but I'm sure thats my routers issues, been awhile since I've used it online and I think my wep key has changed since. oh well.

Smack

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

robi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I suppose I should not have initially trusted people saying that this game didn't work on NTSC consoles --- especially from those who aren't even in a NTSC region.

I have a 2.2U NTSC Wii with Wiikey and burned the image on a verbatim dvd+r and it worked right away.

Knowing that I had the latest NTSC update, I let Mario Strikers "update" my console just like the PAL owners had to do with Super Paper Mario, lo and behold, the game runs fine at 480P. Great graphics and very fun.

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I was wondering if you play a pal game on a ntsc tv or the other way around do you need to change the cable to the tv, as it is an other tv ?

darrab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a PAL with 2.2E on it (played SPM on it previously).

Just tried to do a system update and it reports that I have the latest version. I was expecting it to go to 2.2U that has been mentioned here.

Is the 2.2U a NTSC firmware and 2.2E the European equivalent?
I just want to check before I try Mario Strikers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the...