Wii #0169 - Mario Strikers Charged Football (Europe)

nexx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Im getting "error getting stats" or "error 98020" when i try to go online, anyone else getting this or know how to solve it?

Deadmon

A Temper
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I wonder if the gamesave will still work once the US version comes out...?

I"m wondering about this too, but I believe the answer is no...
sucks, I wanted to play the game early.
smile.gif
Guess I'll be waiting for this one.

Unless someone here knows that PAL saves work on NTSC games?

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I just played an online match. It was very tense, but I lost both games in sudden death match by one point. Arrgh, so close.

It's a lot of fun and the leaderboard is a great idea. Woot 20th in Australia
tongue.gif

Mailenste

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
after playing many matches last night i'm getting the 'stats error' every time now

nintendo blocking ntscu consoles from the Euro servers?
Euro servers were down for more than 6 hours. So you couldn't play any game via Wi-Fi here. But they are back up and everything works fine. You should've known, the game has just been released yesterday. No wonder...

Louse76

Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
I just played an online match. It was very tense, but I lost both games in sudden death match by one point. Arrgh, so close.

It's a lot of fun and the leaderboard is a great idea. Woot 20th in Australia
tongue.gif

So there's a leaderboard? What if someone from the US plays it? Wouldn't it be pretty screwy if they were on the US leaderboard and it wasn't out yet?

smeg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well it still does not work good, it took ages to get stats, and i got a 4 star rating on my connection (5mbit DL and 1mbit UL) and it still laged
frown.gif
and at the end, it crashed
frown.gif

xxcheesexpuffxx

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.curleycomputing.com
XP
Country
United States
so anyone notice the person on the top of the leader board? 9990 wins 9990 losses 9999990 score? I'm going to take a chance here and call hacks lol. funny? yes. good idea to taunt nintendo when they're letting modded systems play region locked games in a country they haven't released the game in? prolly not.

Louse76

Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok , after not being sure if i should use the update to change from 2.2U to 2.2E , i came across 2 posts in this thread saying that they've kept their 2.2U numbering, and one of them mentions he used wiigionfree to patch it first.

Now , as i am a NTSC , cyclowiz user , i also patched the iso prior to burning with wiigionfree.

Then came across the "Iniating a wii update" (Press Eject to avoid it) so i figured id leave the game aside until a NTSC would force 2.2E into 2.2U, but then i read the 2 posts. So i decided to go for it anyways , and sure enough , my version remains 2.2U.

I think the one common thing was that we used WIIGIONFREE first.

Worked for me.

So at this point, can we say that it is save to use on NTSC-U consoles? As in, it will not brick the console?

I'm still wary about playing online when its not released. Wouldn't that be fun to be in the first group banned from the service!

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo hasn't banned any DSes from WiFi for using backup copies of games, I highly doubt they'll start with the Wii.

Nintendo (afaik) doesn't have any way to tell the difference between an original disk and a backup disk, or for that matter, two separate originals. Sony uses that DNAS crap where every disk gets a per-dvd code so they know who's online with what disk at anytime. Microsoft's only way to tell the difference is yet to be discovered, but my guess would be something about the security sectors or the modified firmware not being close enough to the original.

Since Wii modchips don't really permanently modify the disk drive in any way (they simply sort of interrupt the media code checking process), and Nintendo can't tell the difference between backup and original disks, I'm sure you're in the safe zone for playing online.

And if you're not, well, as I've said before in this thread, cry about it. You had the balls to put a chip in your console, so deal with the consequences. Even if Nintendo does start banning Wiis from WiFi you're probably screwed even if you're using an original disk.

xbandaidx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure for the 360's it has to do with the modified BIOs, as how it's detecting modded systems.

As for the NTSC-U. When you registered your Wii with Nintendo and recieved your Wii system code, most likely Nintendo also recorded your serial along with the wii code in it's database, taking that serial they can easily find if the system is NTSC or not. Then it's just a matter of searching all current (or past if they keep records) Wii codes connected and seeing if the serial is PAL or not. That is the way I would probably go about banning modded Wii's should I have been in charge of that? So it doesn't matter if the modchip is detectable or not.

just my two cents.

Blight

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
May I point out that it is really easy for a standard disk drive to tell the difference between printed media and burned media.
The burned media imitates the data on a printed media well enough for a standard reader to read it.
Just look at it, a normal dvd has a shiny metal color. But a recordable dvd has all sorts of pretty colors who just scream the words: "Look at me, I'm sooo fake"
tongue.gif

If the naked eye can see so many differences I wonder what a highly precise laser will detect.
Seriously, it will be a piece of cake for nintendo to integrate some code which checks the type of media that is inserted into the drive.
A bigger problem would be getting this information to nintendo's game server or integrating this into the loading of games.

But I have to agree that nintendo is not going to ban consoles from accessing online content. I think there aren't so many people who will buy the actual games after they were banned for using pirated ones. However I do think there is a considerable amount of people that have the money for the console but not for the games. Banning the consoles in this case will only achieve less consoles being sold. But I do understand that there is also a great number of people that were going to buy the game but decided pirating it was cheaper.

And what about all the 2nd hand consoles sold on ebay etc.? The market would be flooded with banned consoles. This is already the case with the 360's. There are auctions for banned consoles all over the place. Which one can you trust not to have been banned? A lot of money will be lost there.

I think nintendo showed what it would do against piracy in the ds scene, NOTHING. And I believe that is best for all.

Oh and btw, playing a PAL version of a game that has not been released in your region, and playing it online, is really too much. If something will drive nintendo to a banning frenzy it will be something like that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu