Wifi help

Discussion in 'iPhone, iPod & iPad' started by Sop, Jan 16, 2011.

Jan 16, 2011

Wifi help by Sop at 8:22 AM (662 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Sop
    OP

Banned Sop groovy dude lmao

Australia
    The wifi sign shows up it just won't connect, (iPod Touch 4g 32gb) it connects ever where else.. So do I need a new router and can you guys recommend me one?

2. tijntje_7

Member tijntje_7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    In all honesty, I don't think you'll need a new router XD
    Go to settings > general > somewhere there's something called.. reset? > reset network settings

Now, reconnect to your internet.

(don't do this if somebody else connected your iPod to the internet)

If that didn't work, I think it's pretty safe restart your router. (NOT RESET, RESTART, PLEASE DON'T DO ANYTHING STUPID, ask your parents if they could restart it. If you DO know what I'm talking about...
    Go ahead [​IMG])

Also, last resort if nothing works, restore. But wait for some more replies before.

3. Sop
    OP

Australia
    Yeah I did that before.. And I even updated to 4.2.1.

4. DeadLocked

Member DeadLocked Bi-Winning.

United Kingdom
    don't know if itouch 4 is WPA-2 compatible but my itouch 3 is not.
    Your router is likely WPA-2, you can change the setting to WEP from your router i.p by typing in the router i.p in the address bar and putting in the WPA-2 code, selecting the type of security you want.
    WEP is not as secure as WPA-2, you can always change it back after you are done.

If your ipod is compatible with WPA-2, which it should be as it is 4th gen and came out well after WPA-2 was commonly used, then these instructions may mean nothing.
    I am only guessing your router is WPA-2 secured as that's what modern ones seem to use in my experience.

I am only saying this from memory and filling in the gaps with common sense, so I recommend using an internet guide if you are stuck.

But based on the diagnosis you gave me, your ipod touch is acting the same way mine is (it asks for a password but it seems to be wrong), and this should be a sure fire way of solving it.
    Tell your parents before changing the security to WEP, you can lock yourself out of your router and require resetting! Also, any other wireless devices need to be reconnected after so don't do it if anyone's using a laptop or anything at the time.

5. Sop
    OP

Australia
    OK me try. And which address bar? Or in what browser?

6. DeadLocked

Member DeadLocked Bi-Winning.

United Kingdom
    Just in your web browser.
    (look on the underside of your router for your specific I.P)