WI-IC modchip

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by DookeyDakey, Feb 14, 2008.

1. DookeyDakey
    OP

DookeyDakey Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 14, 2008
    South australia, Australia
    well anyway, i was asking if the "WI-CI" modchip was compatable with my WII...

i was looking for a wiikey. i found out there that my version of wii is not supported with the wii key and i have to get a D2C chip or something... but it takes up to 31 wires to connect :0

so, compared to the D2C, the WI-Ci seems as a much more basic and easier approach to chipping my wii... but im not so sure that i have a compatable wii to work with it.

i bought it in late 2007... and my serial no. is LAH103****** (if that halps with anything) yer, one of the later ones

i wanted to know if i could still install it... due to the change in wii hardware, it seemed as if i couldn't (due too the wii-key team having to design a new chipping model!). or is it best i get a pro to install the D2C for me?

thanks for your help! [​IMG]

Post edited by shaunj66 to remove part of serial number

2. lenselijer

lenselijer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 27, 2006
    Netherlands
    you have most likely a d2c chipset, so you cannot use wii-ic or wiikey.

only way to find out is to open your wii first, then check if your chip says d2b or d2c.

if its d2b --> wiikey
    if its d2c --> d2ckey or d2pro.

3. Scorpei

Scorpei GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 21, 2006
    Netherlands
    Regardless, I wouldn't get the WiiC. I was unable to update my sample (which is why I didn't include it in my media tests eventhough I did get a sample for it).

4. DookeyDakey
    OP

DookeyDakey Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 14, 2008
    South australia, Australia
    aww, thats too bad [​IMG]

eh, i guess the D2C going to have to do with my wii...

thanks n e way!

5. piepants

piepants GBAtemp Regular

Sep 11, 2007
    Dubbo, Australia
    Get a pro to install the D2CKey. It's a little expensive but worth it.

I got mine chipped at OzModChips.com in melbourne FWIW on a recommendation from a friend. Service was pretty good.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice