Why won't my skin work?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by N4RU70 FR34K, Jul 14, 2010.

Jul 14, 2010

Why won't my skin work? by N4RU70 FR34K at 3:41 AM (821 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. N4RU70 FR34K
    OP

Banned N4RU70 FR34K Banned

United States
    Okay so I went to download a skin but it didn't work [​IMG] the skin is of course naruto, the link is http://www.ndsthemes.com/themes/details/t/feb84b3d10 and the problem is the skin turns messed up when I put it in the acekard with the time 2 hours forward and the system menu looking fuzzy and weird and yes I did make a calendar folder for it if any of you know how to fix this I would gladly appreciate your assistence and thank you [​IMG]

2. VatoLoco

Member VatoLoco Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.

United States
    because there a bunch of images in that skin that are 24 bit, not 16bit like its supposed to be, lol.

you could use GIMP =) to fix the individual pieces, or throw the whole theme through dan taylors ak2 editor to get the correct properties. then it should work right

3. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    I'd use something better than the AK2 Edit...

Photoshop if you've got it... otherwise Paint.NET has it as well I think, or GIMP if that's your thing.

AK2 Edit will convert 16bit to 16bit (what you DON'T want to do) distorting the image.
    It also adds artifacts due to the method of conversion.

IMO AK2 Edit does a little bit better at blending gradients, but it's not worth the artifacts.

4. N4RU70 FR34K
    OP

Banned N4RU70 FR34K Banned

United States
    Thanks you guys I'll try your suggestions and be back with my results [​IMG]

UPDATE : It works thanks so much you guys [​IMG]