Hacking Why the big jerk-off with these cards - most people only play/love 3 or 4 games

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Tablets/smartphones have a very small amount of games that can compare to the quality of console games and they are all ports of console games. They don't even count.

PC games != console games. PC has its exclusives, consoles have their own. You can't really compare them. Some people are fine with one, some people with the other, some want both. It really depends on what games you are interested in.

And for me at least, I've discovered several awesome franchises through the use of flashcarts that I might never have gotten a chance to try otherwise. It's a great way to discover new games.

10 games is honestly more than enough to make a flashcart worth it. All it takes is a couple and you are already saving money. There's nothing to worry about with updates or anything else -- games still work just the same, with one exception which Gateway quickly released an update for. Games have worked flawlessly without a hitch for the longest time except for the 7.x encryption which only a couple games actually made use of before Gateway released their update.

So I find myself thinking, what was the point of your post? Do you honestly believe the things you wrote?

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I generally like to be able to back up my games then play the backups. That way I don't have to worry about losing/damaging the cartridge/disc, I can easily play with mods, and I don't have to worry about carrying around a bunch of different games. Also, homebrew.

That said, I usually wait towards the end of a console/handheld's commercial lifespan to really get into homebrew for it. My 3DS is using a DS Flashcart for example.

John5p

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Op's question is clearly rhetorical because he knows the other side of the argument, but refuses to accept that we all have different opinions. "most people only play or love 3-4 games" Where is your source buddy?

Reactions: 2Hack

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
Op's question is clearly rhetorical because he knows the other side of the argument, but refuses to accept that we all have different opinions. "most people only play or love 3-4 games" Where is your source buddy?
This is true only when you only have 3-4 games.

that being said, I could live off of just Fifa and a ps3/4. It's one of those games you can put hundreds of hours in and never notice, especially with FUT.

HEX1GON

YEEEEEERRRRRRSSSSS
Trophies
XP
Country
This thread is a joke.

It's like some people who have a console with 2 games on it, compared to someone else who has 50+. I have close to 200 Xbox games, but I play them off a hard disk... lasers don't last forever, and there's no replacements for the Xbox, it's all 360 junk.

Just like post #2, I wouldn't mind keeping my games in new condition and also play them. 3DS being a portable system there will be many times where the carts will get marks on them. Just look at Gameboy carts today.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Just one phrase:

6a00d83451b52369e2019b03296647970d-800wi

flame1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3DS Attach Rate: Between 3 and 4 (depending on the source).
One source: http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?496360-Nintendo-s-attach-rates-(3DS-poor-Wii-excellent-)

Attach rate: Software sales divided by system sales.

How many games can one person play at a time? So it goes: buy game, beat game (or tire of it), sell game. I end up having 3-4 3DS games at any given time.

This post wouldn't be complete without attempting to start a flame war, so let me conclude by saying the Vita attach rate is even worse than the 3DS one.

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
3DS Attach Rate: Between 3 and 4 (depending on the source).
One source: http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?496360-Nintendo-s-attach-rates-(3DS-poor-Wii-excellent-)

Attach rate: Software sales divided by system sales.

How many games can one person play at a time? So it goes: buy game, beat game (or tire of it), sell game. I end up having 3-4 3DS games at any given time.

This post wouldn't be complete without attempting to start a flame war, so let me conclude by saying the Vita attach rate is even worse than the 3DS one.

Not all people sell their games once their done playing them because you never know if you'll want to replay it later and nowadays, retro games are just expensive without any reasons. Some DS games, which isn't that old, are still selling like 30/40 dollars and it's some used games... So now, I don't sell any games anymore.

About this calculation, it's rather biaised because how many people bought at least two 3DS? (an original one then a XL, or an original one and soon a future new 3DS?) Probably a lot. Same for all the people who switched to a DS lite when it got released.

Even for home systems, by the way. How many people had to buy two PS1? two PS2? two PS3?

Personally, I had to buy twices of each sony system, I just bought my second PS3 a few days ago because my old one is dead.

Of course, when you buy another one, you won't buy the games again as you already have them, so I would say you should multiply those results by 1,5, at least.

GameBoy is probably the best example. I probably got, at least, five during my young days, original one, then later a black one, then a pocket one, and two colors ones (because I was selling a system to get another one. In the same example, I bought two or three NES).

Reactions: 2Hack

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So there is no point to buy it on a tablet/smartphone when it's available on PC ;) (except if you want it on a portative system).

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Maybe because I was being genuine, after consuming 7 cards previously.

Just trying to inform folks - piracy ain't as justified as it used to be - there's a lot of cheap but good stuff available nowadays

Let's see if Gateway keep their prices below two cartridges...

you consumed 7 cards and now just realized how dumb you are, and now are warning other people to dont be dumb like you?

i purchased 2 flashcarts for a reason. and it was only for my DSL. they were a bit expensive but they do exactly i seen on internet what they would do.

yes 3ds cards are a big shit, but you only buy it if you want.we got 100 posts a day asking about gateway shit, there is always dumb people (which you can't do anything about it) and thoose who know what they get and are fine with it. instead making a shit post making a huge flameware bait you should stay on gbatemp and make a review or a good post with all the informacion well contructed, the informacion is here on gbatemp but i don't find it clear enough, and before you ask me why i don't i do it, because i dont know how to construct good threads for informate people.

about the extreme price of the cards, go see "shark tank" or "dragon's den" and you will see how business works... and how the hell are you not complaining about nintendo making the same games over and over and charge 45 euros for each game?

homebrew boring stuff? you are an idiot. i had a psp, it was a glory days, i brought my psp on school i had used more homebrew than actuall play isos... it was a good emulator (played lots of pokemon on it) a good calculator, a clock, a music player i got psp games with the cd cover broken and they can't be used anymore, glad i made copies of them... i also use remotejoy to play psp on my computer, and i almost forgot the toons of times i used my psp as tv remote.

like i said, if you gona be the angry dude that says piracy is only for play free games and talk about a dead horse that people either beat to death or praise him, get away.
if you would create a good thread with all the information so people can be less "dumb" and stop filling gbatemp full of shit gateway posts i take off my hat....

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
5 games of the ones I want to play on 3DS
Taiko no tatsujin
Smash Bros with udub
Gunvolt
Zelda LBTW
Youkai Watch

buying anothet 3Ds system to get gunvolt, taiko and youkain world spend more than the gateway and the game, so I va play the RETAIL (not on gul]nvolt case)
Gulvolt is locked for brazilian(actually all sout america, that where the bigger GV fabase...) eshop, idk why Inti mde that ut it was stupid and im really playing this illegal and foca da policia :P they don't even heard the fans when theya sked to keep the dialougue audios... ANd techically is illegal owning an non american 3DS or games in americas and having eshop for other contryie that not mine... so yeah I wil take the illegal I ca afford and don't lost my acctual eshop stuuf
Zelda, yes I can buy it so no problem

Smahs bros I can get as well, japanese if I get region free, or englsh ,but they don't give us opition of japanse audio, I want that, so I ca buy a retail and change to make the text in englsh (or portugues ethat have in europen but not the american ...) and the audio in japanese

There are more games and some that they stupidly sell overpricede eve being second had because " turne drare since it stopped phsical producition", só I can ge these pirates and when I get more money I buy this

also we ca have things nintedo don't do like a video player /decent media viewer, make and play translation since nintendo don't care about Brazil to do stuff that fans accually do...
so wel... this is a little of the reason why "the big jerk out" from my part :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Back when I was playing kakarot I looked up one little guide now all I see is dbz stuff