Gaming Why not a Pokemon Stadium Remake?

xcrimsonstormx

He called me a Nerd, I called him an Ambulance.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since all these N64 games are getting remade on the 3DS why not Pokemon Stadium I loved that game especially the second one. I think it would be pretty neat if they remade Pokemon Stadium with some of the newer Pokemon from the GBA, NDS, and 3DS Generation. Just wondering if anyone else felt the same?

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
by that logic, pokemon x and y are pretty close to that. only that they actually have a story inbetween the battles.

also, pokemon stadium without being able to use your pokemon from any older games? how'd that work?

xcrimsonstormx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
use your pokemon from any older games? how'd that work?

I'm talking about just inserting the newer pokemon in to those games and just updating it.

Super Smash Bros

That's not a sequels there really isn't even a story-line so how could it be a sequel except for the fact its got new characters?

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm talking about just inserting the newer pokemon in to those games and just updating it.

That's not a sequels there really isn't even a story-line so how could it be a sequel except for the fact its got new characters?
Because it's got new mechanics, new graphics, new characters, new stages, new items, new soundtrack, new art style-ish thing for the 3DS version, there might even be a story mode (although not one like Subspace, I think that was confirmed)... It's very much a sequel. If you're going to be like that you can call pretty much anything a remake.

Reactions: gamefan5

EzekielRage

Hero of the Void
Trophies
Website
www.void-comics.com
XP
Country
Australia
remake: same game with updated graphics/music/mechanics, usually features the SAME content as the original game
sequel: new iteration in a franchise, may or may not use same characters, usually features new stages, new characters and new content
reboot: starting anew with new mechanics in a familiar setting, usually unassociated with the previous titles, sort of a best of retelling but not neccesarily the same story/game mechanics
spin off: different title based on an idea or character of a previously established franchise, usually used to do something one cant do in the established lore

ohsoroso

Turtle Neck Sweater.
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think a Pokémon Stadium not remake but sequel for Wii U would be amazing it could basically be for competitive players they'd have the rental system so you didn't have to train Pokémon and you could do battles online that would be amazing imo.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Do you remember the rental pokemon in stadium? they all sucked. Evolutions and legendaries got crap attacks.

That's why it would/could have been really great on DS, you know with the GBA slot and all.

Well, seeing how pokemon stadium is mostly a more predictable battle tower... you could just play battle tower, subway, world champion tournament etc. Just not in 3d.

Anyway, they probably will never again make such a game. Pokemon Colosseum didnt do very well, did it? and it was incompatible to all the later games too. (and it was slow and terrible)

What I would like would be a pokemon stadium minigame collection. Loved that hitmontop and magicarp ones

Osha

Weh
Trophies
XP
Country
France
See that's where the problem lies there isn't even a story mode yet and based off what I know a sequel should at least have a story mode.

I'm gonna take a basic example: Gran Turismo doesn't have a story mode, yet you aren't going to tell me that the titles after the first game are just remakes.

That's why it would/could have been really great on DS, you know with the GBA slot and all.

Considering the GBA, and to some extent, the DS, are dead handhelds now, it's not happening.

xcrimsonstormx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sequel:
Noun
  1. A published, broadcast, or recorded work that continues the story or develops the theme of an earlier one.
  2. Something that takes place after or as a result of an earlier event.
So really it depends on what definition you use i was using the second one.

Reactions: heartgold

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Paper Mario, Super Smash Bros not complete remakes but pretty much the same formula as on the N64.

I do not agree. Paper mario this time around wasn't the same formula.
Just to clarify, a new game using a known formula isn't a remake.

A sequel (also called a follow-up) is a narrative, documental, or other work of literature, film, theatre or music that continues the story of, or expands upon, some earlier work.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
By that Logic Smash Bros Melee is a remake, Brawl was a remake, Paper Mario Thousand Year Door was a remake, Super Paper Mario was a Remake, Mario Galaxy 2 was a Remake...

Basically, any game made after the first iteration was a remake! All those final fantasies.
WE NEED MOAR ORIGINAL GAMES!!! :D

Reactions: xcrimsonstormx

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: iH