Hacking Discussion Why No One Feels The Need To Read The FAQ's

JaRocker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
it's as easy this when someone opens a new Thread asking something that's already I have the faq its way easy for them to get someone anyone to answer or replay to them. no matter how do you tell them no go read it why would they after you have given them the answer to what they had asked yall say one thing then do something else idk why you keep telling people to go read it if your just gonna answer anyone you have a Thread asking about the same thing someone else asked the day b4 I would understand if there wasn't a faq or a search bar . I just wanna know what the point if having them if no one wanna use them am just exaggerating but you know what I mean

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had to reread your first post a couple of times to figure out what you were saying. If you're asking why people are answering questions and then linking people to the FAQ it's to stop any further questions that the user has that have already been answered. Not everyone browses here constantly or has time to stay up to date on the latest SX developments. Which is understandable and is why people will answer their questions despite complaining every step of the way about it.

"Hey guys. Are we able to use our cartridge games when booted into the SX CFW?"

*rolls eyes and clicks teeth* "Duuuuh of course you can. They pointed that out in FAQ #46. Here's a link. Learn how to search or Google before polluting my forums with your questions. I like to keep things clean around here and the two seconds that were taken away from me seeing your thread with an answer obvious to me has upset me."

The user would them hopefully read the FAQs that were linked to them before asking any further questions. With the amount of users that come onto these forums for information you're only seeing a small amount that post threads with questions that could be answered quite easily if they took a look at the countless threads with the exact same question. Do they? Nope. Will they read the FAQ after being given an answer? Probably not but there's a chance they will.

Last edited by Devin,

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey idon't want to thread Jack. But i don't know if i should update my console. I'm on a lower fw and i want to play games with higher fw and i don't know if i should. I know this isn't the thread for this though I'll make my own

Taffy

jdfiehgvrhfvhfjkvgrjhfejvgrjkbjvr
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't go using words that you don't know the definition of

How ironic.

it's as easy this when someone opens a new Thread asking something that's already I have the faq its way easy for them to get someone anyone to answer or replay to them.

These "the clutter sucks" threads don't help the clutter.

If you wanna help, make a thread titled "READ THE FAQ BEFORE MAKING A THREAD!"

We should just instate a policy that all threads with common questions answered in the FAQs get nuked immediately.

It would stop a lot of bullshit and complaining

carlito1095t

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's as easy this when someone opens a new Thread asking something that's already I have the faq its way easy for them to get someone anyone to answer or replay to them. no matter how do you tell them no go read it why would they after you have given them the answer to what they had asked yall say one thing then do something else idk why you keep telling people to go read it if your just gonna answer anyone you have a Thread asking about the same thing someone else asked the day b4 I would understand if there wasn't a faq or a search bar . I just wanna know what the point if having them if no one wanna use them am just exaggerating but you know what I mean

Same reason people don't read the ToS and just hit the "I Agree" button.

Don't post pointless threads like this.

tomhanks69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey idon't want to thread Jack. But i don't know if i should update my console. I'm on a lower fw and i want to play games with higher fw and i don't know if i should. I know this isn't the thread for this though I'll make my own
definitely update. XS OS will be compatible with 5.1 already and if atmosphere isnt, it WILL be eventually. XS OS will probably allow you to do anything you want to do anyway, so might as well.

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just taking the firmware status sticky as an example... They don't stay "in date" for long and are not updated in a timely manner in a lot of cases. So the sticky can indeed give wrong information.

Want the latest info? You read the latest posts on your chosen subject and form your own opinions. Good gave us brains. We need to used them people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol