Hacking Why is there no option to boot into Sysnand Gateway Mode when Emunand is present?

iViperz

Trophies
XP
Country
You seem to have very specific needs. Keep in mind that this is aimed at the general user, and should created with such aims. There would be countless reports of accidental system updates with what you're asking for.

With what you want and your options, I'd say settle with the unwrapping bug (because honestly, it's not even that much of a hassle), keep your emunand and sysnand linked to keep activity tracker log updated between the two nands, then periodically backup your cia saves with SDF.

If you want to go between sysnand and emunand, install an offline gateway launcher app on your phone (assuming you have an android phone) and run the app each time you want to go into emunand. Go into system settings or something to kick yourself back to sysnand.

I'm sorry but you'd have to be completely mental to consciously go into Data Management, since theres rarely a reason to have to go into system settings in the first place.

The whole process is a pain in the ass, therefore if you don't like it, don't use it.

Reactions: GaaraPrime

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, that wins most useless advice reward hands down!

I repeat:

Stupid is as stupid does sir.

EmuNAND is a layer of protection for your sysNAND. Why you (and recently others) don't use it is beyond anything my mind can fathom. Waiting for your next thread titled "Screwed up sysNAND in some way or fashion - How to fix?"

To be clear - yes a lot of this is "inconvenience", but truth be told, I'd rather this inconvenience than a fucked up system that I have to hardmod or replace to fix. Jumping between sysNAND and emuNAND is bound to cause confusion at some point. Make things easier and just use emuNAND. /endrant

Reactions: Ra1d

:-infern:

GBAtemp Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering that you can backup the sysNand and have it easily put backonto the original nand with a mod you should feel comfortable unlinking.

It took me a while to decide whether or not to unlink and format my sysNand, as that to me, meant loosing the backbone of my 3DS which was the original Nand and everything i had accumulated legitimately over the years. But once the Nand mod for the N3DS XL was made available i realised it does not matter, as the benefits of using emuNand to simply load my backup'ed cias, modify themes wouldnt be transferable to my sysNand anyway so loosing it but having the ability to restore it in the future outweighed this all.

II EXDEATH II

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OMG guys i cant believe you think this is a bad idea...
This guys reason is trivial/specific , however...

What about those clean/legit cias that can be booted from sysnand?
wouldnt that be reason enough to want GWsysnand mode, so you could install them on sysnand?

i was looking for this specific option but only could find ways that would delete everything except for this one 'hexediting the 1st byte' way that i cant seem to find anymore.

People should know by now options are everything, make it really hidden like the quick power off in the launcher combo

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMG guys i cant believe you think this is a bad idea...
This guys reason is trivial/specific , however...

What about those clean/legit cias that can be booted from sysnand?
wouldnt that be reason enough to want GWsysnand mode, so you could install them on sysnand?

i was looking for this specific option but only could find ways that would delete everything except for this one 'hexediting the 1st byte' way that i cant seem to find anymore.

People should know by now options are everything, make it really hidden like the quick power off in the launcher combo
But they can be booted in emunand. There is literally 0 reason to use sysnand. Emunand does everything it does and more. In fact my sysnand is completely blank with nothing installed. It's useless. My emunand also tracks all the play as it was copied from the original sysnand.

It's completely silly to not want to use emunand. You want sysnand? Use a sky3DS. Gateway has these features for a reason.

Reactions: Maximilious

II EXDEATH II

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
But they can be booted in emunand. There is literally 0 reason to use sysnand. Emunand does everything it does and more. In fact my sysnand is completely blank with nothing installed. It's useless. My emunand also tracks all the play as it was copied from the original sysnand.

It's completely silly to not want to use emunand. You want sysnand? Use a sky3DS. Gateway has these features for a reason.

Christ, sometimes i dont want to have to put in oot3d run the exploit from sysnand, put in gw card, boot into emunand then play cia.
id rather just turn on 3ds and play them.

You guys just dont see the potential

i cant be the only one who wants this since there is people on other forums requesting legit cias. according to you guys what is the point in them when you can spend 1min wasting time to boot the game safely.

idc what you guys say anyway, i know its risks and im willing to take them for faster game booting

btw im mostly talking about n3ds and 9.0-9.2 o3ds. itd be nice to run a game without having to run an exploit everytime

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Christ, sometimes i dont want to have to put in oot3d run the exploit from sysnand, put in gw card, boot into emunand then play cia.

btw im mostly talking about n3ds and 9.0-9.2 o3ds. itd be nice to run a game without having to run an exploit everytime

And you can, its simple as that. Install clean cias in your sysnand and be done with it. There is - literally - nothing stopping you from doing so. Still, using gateway to boot into sysnand is nothing you would need to do regularly, its a one time thing you'd have to do to install the games.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And you can, its simple as that. Install clean cias in your sysnand and be done with it. There is - literally - nothing stopping you from doing so. Still, using gateway to boot into sysnand is nothing you would need to do regularly, its a one time thing you'd have to do to install the games.

Except for the fact that you cannot run unsigned content while in Sysnand :facepalm:

Localhorst86

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Except for the fact that you cannot run unsigned content while in Sysnand :facepalm:
Of course you can. When you run gateway in sysnand mode (I.e. you didn't create or disabled your emunand using the hex method) you can install and run unsigned content. You can even install the clean/legit cias using GW mode and then run them later on even when you're not booting Gateway.

Reactions: Margen67

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course you can. When you run gateway in sysnand mode (I.e. you didn't create or disabled your emunand using the hex method) you can install and run unsigned content. You can even install the clean/legit cias using GW mode and then run them later on even when you're not booting Gateway.

I kind of have a big post on that im well aware of that but you cant run anything else but Clean CIAS while in Sysnand without a gateway card or Emunand

Localhorst86

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I kind of have a big post on that im well aware of that but you cant run anything else but Clean CIAS while in Sysnand without a gateway card or Emunand

That, we know and no one is disputing that.

But there is no reason ever to boot gateway into sysnand mode, other than installing clean cias. If you're using GW anyway, just boot into emunand is what I am saying. If your argument is not wanting to boot gateway, just stay in regular "Nintendo mode" and use your signed games.

Reactions: Xenon Hacks

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You guys just dont see the potential

i cant be the only one who wants this since there is people on other forums requesting legit cias. according to you guys what is the point in them when you can spend 1min wasting time to boot the game safely.

idc what you guys say anyway, i know its risks and im willing to take them for faster game booting

Wait a while. Someone is going to figure out how to get a clean OOT installed to the sysnand for booting. That or CN.

This is kind of a you problem though. A large majority of people still use an o3DS and just use a cellphone to boot emunand. But just wait it out. Emunand is great, and if you don't want to boot into it you might as well have a Sky3DS.

Reactions: Margen67

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait a while. Someone is going to figure out how to get a clean OOT installed to the sysnand for booting. That or CN.

This is kind of a you problem though. A large majority of people still use an o3DS and just use a cellphone to boot emunand. But just wait it out. Emunand is great, and if you don't want to boot into it you might as well have a Sky3DS.

an even easier method is to tether wifi on any phone

jrebey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Clearly you have no idea what a clean CIA is. Our best bet is someone finding an exploit in one of the existing clean CIA's which doesn't seem very possible given the existing list.

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Clearly you have no idea what a clean CIA is. Our best bet is someone finding an exploit in one of the existing clean CIA's which doesn't seem very possible given the existing list.
A clean CIA is one that works on sysnand. I've seen and or used them before. It's not unheard of.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A clean CIA is one that works on sysnand. I've seen and or used them before. It's not unheard of.

Not exactly a Clean CIA works in Sysnand because it is signed and not tied to any specific NNID and came preinstalled on a 3DS console, these are the only games that can and ever will be "Clean" and playable on Sysnand.

Localhorst86

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
But you obviusly don't know what qualifies as clean or how they are obtained. Clean cias can only be obtained from preinstalled games. OOT and CN were never preinstalled and Nintendo would be stupid to do so now.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you read?

I along with a lot of people have a program that sends files via tether to boot.
I think there is a misunderstanding here guys. The android program works and is a great tool but I think by wifi tethering Xenon Hacks was refering to just straight tethering to the Internet using the cell towers. Only option for iOS users and then only if they have tethering enabled on their plan. I didn't until a couple of weeks ago because it would have cost me $20 more a month as I was on a grandfathered plan.

Reactions: Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think there is a misunderstanding here guys. The android program works and is a great tool but I think by wifi tethering Xenon Hacks was refering to just straight tethering to the Internet using the cell towers. Only option for iOS users and then only if they have tethering enabled on their plan. I didn't until a couple of weeks ago because it would have cost me $20 more a month as I was on a grandfathered plan.

I just use my iphone and use wifi tether to use go.gateway whenever I want

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: America ya~