Gaming Why is the PSVita so rubbish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
None of those games are any good really bh with yourself, the 3DS has got mega good strong titles though:- Mario Kart 7, Luigis Mansion 2, Paper Mario Sticker Star, Super Mario 3D Land, New Super Mario Bros 2, Resident Evil Mercenaries and Revelations, Zelda Ocarnia of Time and Link Between Worlds, Pokemon X/Y, Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, Donkey Kong... m8 the list just goes on and on and on, there are so many strong titles the 3DS has that the Vita just lacks!

MK7 is good
LM2 is disapointing, the prequel was lots better.
Super Mario 3D Land is just too easy and NSMB2 is way to easy and looks like an NSMB hack, you can even find better NSMB hacks than the game itself.
Paper Mario Sticker Star is bad, that's what the fans say.
Can we call Mercenaries a game? Guess at least has online.
Revelations is great! But again it got ported with better graphix on PC...
Zelda is not my cup of tea, thou Ocarina on 3DS looks interesting
Pokemon X/Y was so overhyped, had the game and sold it afterwards, i'm back on BW2. (Bad story,FPS drops,online spammers,not much post game content, has less more stuff than BW2)
Animal Crossing is good but loses its " goodness " after a while.
Would rather play Donkey Kong on Wii and about Fire Emblem idk, i liked the GBA game.

That's what i think about the 3DS games you posted.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Vita is not rubbish, its awesome. Not many games but has a few good ones already, the console itself is TONS better than the 3DS and any other handheld avalible, plays videos/music, internet on it is excellent. Also the PSN store has a superb collection of old games you can download. Only downside is the expencive specific memory cards. Everything else about it is great!

I totally agree with you the handheld itself is a very powerful machine and walks all over the 3DS in that department but I just think Sony have wasted such a great opportunity of a machine what could of made/been great games for it! I was looking forward to Silent Hill so badly but man that was so poor, hopefully a proper version of Silent Hill will come out for the Vita in the near future and they don't just stop at Book of Memories :(

Clanver

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Germany
while i like my 3ds more, i still like my ps vita. It replaced my old psp 1000, so im using my vita for all the psp and ps1 games as well. But true, besides Persona 4, i dont play any native ps vita game on it^^ . .

soulrazor

Trophies
XP
Country
guacamelee, hotline miami are great on the vita.

But i think it doesn't matter to tell you good games for the vita. it's weird that on the vita you only like shooter related stuff and neglect all of rpg and platform games that the vita gets, but on the other hand on he 3ds you praise those games where most lack history or is the same formula with a bit more salt (marios ocarina remake pokemon no history compared with older games).

if you can't see any game good on those listed before please do yourself a favor and sell your vita, you clearly don't deserve it.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

if you can't see any game good on those listed before please do yourself a favor and sell your vita, you clearly don't deserve it.

"You're western and you don't like eastern games? You sick human, it's people like you who shouldn't vote. You don't deserve to play the Vita, you silly American, Japanese Master Race".

You can't blame someone for not like a certain genre of games, different people have different tastes. Now, the Vita personally has a lot of great games, but that's because I'm a fan of the games. For someone who's a generic guy, who didn't grow up with certain genres of games, he might not like RPG's or Rhythm games. Now, if you said "Sell the Vita, the games on the console are obviously not to your taste" I'd understand, but to blame him for the consoles lack of genre variety is just rude.
(I'm not saying the Vita is bad, I personally enjoy it)

Reecey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
guacamelee, hotline miami are great on the vita.

But i think it doesn't matter to tell you good games for the vita. it's weird that on the vita you only like shooter related stuff and neglect all of rpg and platform games that the vita gets, but on the other hand on he 3ds you praise those games where most lack history or is the same formula with a bit more salt (marios ocarina remake pokemon no history compared with older games).

I don't reckon Sony do any good decent platformer games on any of there systems, none of them compare anywhere near to the likes of the Mario genre. That is just of my opinion.

"you clearly don't deserve it." What are you on man?, I'm just having a friendly peaceful discussion on the subject to see if others see the PSVita like me, it does not mean I want to go OTT of selling it or discussing whether I deserve it or not!!! :blink:

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems to me that the Vita isn't doing well is because the 3DS caught on and took off like crazy. Developers are always going to be inclined to work on the system that has the larger install base to maximize sales. This is why the 3DS is on fire with loads of new games coming all the time, while the Wii U gets little love from 3rd Parties. One might think why not make ports of most these 3DS games to the Vita to increase sales. I think the reason for that is the different nature of the handhelds. Games built for the 3DS are built with the knowledge that you have 2 screens to work with. To create these same games on the Vita, it can't be just a simple port, as the game mechanics would need to be changed to accommodate having only one screen.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't reckon Sony do any good decent platformer games on any of there systems, none of them compare anywhere near to the likes of the Mario games.

"you clearly don't deserve it." What are you on man?, I'm just having a friendly peaceful discussion on the subject to see if others see the PSVita like me, it does not mean I want to go OTT of selling it or discussing whether I deserve it or not!!! :blink:
Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro and Sly Cooper say hi.

Reecey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

I'm not really keen on those styles of platform games. I'm more into my Mario genre, like going out and discovering/experiencing your levels and environments, doing tasks within your levels around you, the games you have mentioned are more based on entering a level going to the end without being killed etc.. within a time limit. I didn't entirely like Super Mario 3D World on the Wii U because of this style I thought they may of carried on the Galaxy way but no! Shame really!!!

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I spent a lot of time on my Vita than 3DS. Vita has a strong RPG game library, it is a shame how you don't give these game a try.

It sounds like you like Nintendo first party game more.

soulrazor

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't reckon Sony do any good decent platformer games on any of there systems, none of them compare anywhere near to the likes of the Mario games.

if you mean sony doing it well is more of a 3rd party dependant then nintendo and that is obvious. if that is not your point then rayman origin legends doesn't ring a bell either or if your into it jack and dexter games or epic mickey.

about the rpg's: zelda is a jrpg . ys is a jrpg . both are good games but for some reason you say ys is not a good game. (nintendo favoritsm negecting sony's game)
fire emblem - persona (nintendo favoritism negecting sony's game)

you said so yourself on your 1st post "What do other members think about there PSVita's and do you fell ripped off like me?" and on the title
Why is the PSVita so rubbish? hmmm the sum of all of this was my last post that you dont deserve it.

for the record i do own a 3ds xl a vita 3g a psp a ds lite and have games for all of them, no system is rubbish some has games that i like better then others and thoses are the ones i buy i dont neglect or favor a system over the other simple as that.

Reecey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I spent a lot of time on my Vita than 3DS. Vita has a strong RPG game library, it is a shame how you don't give these game a try.

It sounds like you like Nintendo first party game more.

Yeah I do admit I am more of a first party games kind of guy but that goes for both systems :)

if you mean sony doing it well is more of a 3rd party dependant then nintendo and that is obvious. if that is not your point then rayman origin legends doesn't ring a bell either or if your into it jack and dexter games or epic mickey.

about the rpg's: zelda is a jrpg . ys is a jrpg . both are good games but for some reason you say ys is not a good game. (nintendo favoritsm negecting sony's game)
fire emblem - persona (nintendo favoritism negecting sony's game)

you said so yourself on your 1st post "What do other members think about there PSVita's and do you fell ripped off like me?" and on the title
Why is the PSVita so rubbish? hmmm the sum of all of this was my last post that you dont deserve it.

for the record i do own a 3ds xl a vita 3g a psp a ds lite and have games for all of them, no system is rubbish some has games that i like better then others and thoses are the ones i buy i dont neglect or favor a system over the other simple as that.

If you read the title properly it has a question mark at the end that means a query or a question to others, it did not mean entirely I am saying the PSVita is rubbish that is why I have explained the title in my thread.!

D

Deleted User

Not going to lie, they've all gone down the shitter, expect Sly Cooper, I didn't know he went past the ps2.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Disgaea 3
Disgaea 4
Persona 4 Golden
MGS HD Collection
Danganronpa
FF X/X2 HD
Ys
Tearaway
Deception IV
Sorcery Saga Curse of the Great Curry God
Dragon's Crown
New Little King's Story
Sonic and Sega All Star Racing
Dead or Alive 5 +
Soul Sacrifice
Ragnarok Odyssey
Virtue's Last Reward
Hatsune Miku Project Diva f
Atelier Meruru Plus: The Apprentice of Arland
Atelier Totori Plus: The Adventurer of Arland
Persona 4 Dancing All Night
Concetion II

None of those games are any good really

4dJQGnV.gif

You had me going there for a second, I have to admit, but you played your hand too early. You really need to work on your technique. 4/10, see me after class.

That's exactly what he wouldn't do!

The Superior Spider-Man would!

soulrazor

Trophies
XP
Country
If you read the title properly it has a question mark at the end that means a query or a question to others, it did not mean entirely I am saying the PSVita is rubbish that is why I have explained the title in my thread.!

[Off topic]you clearly dont know what you wrote. you wrote: why it is so rubish? the why represents a question for a fact. like why do you like ... or why did you ( do ... , lie, )
on the other hand. is the vita rubish? is a question, a query for the possibility of it beeing rubish or not. see the diference there?

D

Deleted User

[Off topic]you clearly dont know what you wrote. you wrote: why it is so rubish? the why represents a question for a fact. like why do you like ... or why did you ( do ... , lie, )
on the other hand. is the vita rubish? is a question, a query for the possibility of it beeing rubish or not. see the diference there?

Or, you know, read his whole post and use common sense that he was giving his personal opinion, while querying what other members felt.

Reecey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Or, you know, read his whole post and use common sense that he was giving his personal opinion, while querying what other members felt.

I have tried to explain just ignore him m8 I have now, he's just been destructive towards a normal discussion, there always has to be one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1