Homebrew Why I think an N64 emulator would be possible on the New 3DS!(I belive too!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kozamekinas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Really how old are you? You have been proven wrong more than once and yet you still insist that it's possible. It's not.
It's like asking for PS2 emulator for the XBOX 360.

also mods if one of you are seeing this, i see no reason to not just lock this thread.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Tell me the part that he was disrespectful, tell me.
Was Live-N-Let-Pi that was disrespectful.

Live-N-Let-Pi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was Live-N-Let-Pi that was disrespectful.

I was not being disrespectful. However, you've now gotten your answer, yet you stay and argue. I'm going to take a guess and say you're probably elementary school, maybe middle school, and you have some time on your hands, but no way to play N64 roms on the go with buttons. You're probably bored, and that's fine, but staying and arguing isn't going to get you anywhere.

Assuming I'm right, here is a link to a list of the best controllers to work with an android phone: Getting a cheap controller, and maybe a $20 android phone, is probably your best bet for N64 on the go. I sincerely hope I've helped. Grow out of the arguing on the internet phase, please. Best of luck!

EDIT: I'm too new for links, but I tried!! A quick google search pulls up lists, though.

Vieela

GBATemp's official thinker™
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Emulation is not a simple as "if something slower runs it, something more powerful will sure do!". Emulation is different for every single platform. Even the Switch struggled [and still quite struggles, in some games and frequencies] to run N64 games properly. Meanwhile, we see N64 emulation on PSP showing awesome results. The N64 is a very dense and different kind of console, it has a complicated CPU/GPU to emulate. This is the reason why no one has emulated it. Is it possible hardware-wise? Maybe! Will it ever happen? No.

Kozamekinas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
He wasn't disrepectful at all. He has just proven you wrong. Like everyone else on this thread.
I was not being disrespectful. However, you've now gotten your answer, yet you stay and argue. I'm going to take a guess and say you're probably elementary school, maybe middle school, and you have some time on your hands, but no way to play N64 roms on the go with buttons. You're probably bored, and that's fine, but staying and arguing isn't going to get you anywhere.

Assuming I'm right, here is a link to a list of the best controllers to work with an android phone: Getting a cheap controller, and maybe a $20 android phone, is probably your best bet for N64 on the go. I sincerely hope I've helped. Grow out of the arguing on the internet phase, please. Best of luck!

EDIT: I'm too new for links, but I tried!! A quick google search pulls up lists, though.
My topic was about about tech and coding possibilty but the peaple are really mad about it, using Word's like ignorant and stupid... It is disrepectful. If you disagree just prove its simple.

Also, someone has already tried and they didn't get far into booting games.
This argument is fault is like because one have dificult nobody will make it.

It hasn't been done in the 9ish years since the 3DS was initially released, it's not gonna happen now.
For me its is matter of skill and time. How many years until apears ps3 emulator, and now it is reality.

JayMathis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think half the threads on gbatemp are someone making a thread arguing that an emulator is possible on some console that it's never existed on before. But these people never end up making the emulator themselves, they just argue that it's possible for someone else to do the hard work and not them.

Reactions: Seliph

Kozamekinas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I think half the threads on gbatemp are someone making a thread arguing that an emulator is possible on some console that it's never existed on before. But these people never end up making the emulator themselves, they just argue that it's possible for someone else to do the hard work and not them.
I cant try it would be fun.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe the interest just isn't there anymore for 3DS developers/hackers.
This is my bet. I've always thought that it'd be at least somewhat feasible, if a highly skilled coding whiz put the effort forward. But it'd be difficult to pull off, and likely would have either low compatibility and/or low speed.
Not to mention the interest for one just isn't there anymore- 99% of hackers and homebrewers have moved on to the Nintendo Switch. Emulation efforts weren't even pretty before the Switch, when the 3DS was in its heyday, with most being RetroArch or injection into official emulators. Now the platform is dead, and most hackers don't see interest in developing something new and difficult for a waning userbase when the time and resources are better used on a system that actually has demand for new stuff.

And this is all coming from someone who doesn't even have a hacked Switch. I'd love an N64 emulator on the 3DS. But facing the facts, it may be possible, but it just won't happen.

huckleberrypie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is my bet. I've always thought that it'd be at least somewhat feasible, if a highly skilled coding whiz put the effort forward. But it'd be difficult to pull off, and likely would have either low compatibility and/or low speed.
Not to mention the interest for one just isn't there anymore- 99% of hackers and homebrewers have moved on to the Nintendo Switch. Emulation efforts weren't even pretty before the Switch, when the 3DS was in its heyday, with most being RetroArch or injection into official emulators. Now the platform is dead, and most hackers don't see interest in developing something new and difficult for a waning userbase when the time and resources are better used on a system that actually has demand for new stuff.

And this is all coming from someone who doesn't even have a hacked Switch. I'd love an N64 emulator on the 3DS. But facing the facts, it may be possible, but it just won't happen.
Considering how there's not much in the way of new software for the 3DS these days, I'd have no choice but to agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill