Hacking Why has no one made a downgrade?

Frankdux

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why has no one or Flash Card Team come up with a cIOS or way of downgrading the DSi and 3DS?

You would think that this would be a big thing, it would prolong the life of any Flash Card company not having to really worry about DS FW updates any-more.

I can not believe this would be overly hard, I haven't touch programming code in long long long time, but ... all systems so far have been hacked and I believe some of them had harder protection on it than the DSi.

Maybe im missing something, but if I was up to date on my programming languages I would be all over it.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
One of the later DSi Updates blocked writing into NAND without using the keys which themselves are stored on NAND. It's a bit complex, but long story short, you need the dev.kp file which before the update was "dumpable" and after it "no longer is", not without hooking up the NAND chip to a PC (it has an MMC-Compatible interface).

So technically, it's "doable" but "not worth it", really.

Further articles: Here

ichichfly

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
actually you need a exploit with the permission to read/write to the NAND than you can downgrade but what is the point of downgrading a full hacked system if it is already hacked?

Also it is maybe possible if you have a DSi exploit with NAND permission on a 3DS to restore an old saved 3DS NAND dump back but it must be a dump of the same 3DS.
Add As I sad this is maybe

Add2: 3DS and DSi are better protected than all the older consoles.

Frankdux

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hmmm, I would think this would be a good thing for flash card teams, save them from having to keep making new updates and hardware revisions. im sure that cost them alot of money too. so the trade off would be greater in the long run.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30