Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
We didn't receive a Switch because, when compared to the other review sites and reviewers out there, we're a relatively small community.

We have trouble enough getting games to review from Nintendo, we likely won't ever get their consoles early unless someone steals it off a truck or GBATemp suddenly explodes with millions of active-ish users.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I thought Nintendo would send testing unit to most Video Game site and Youtuber? Didn't you receive one too?
Well most gaming sites and youtubers don't discuss how to hack consoles. GBAtemp may have had a 'facelift' in the sense of general, non-hacking related gaming content, courtesy of the excellent news staff, but it still is mostly perceived as a console hacking site. But of course there is always the option to write your own review in the review center.

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
Here's a review. This is the second time I've posted this on temp but I don't think there's a better person to review it. This guy is the Guinness world record holder for games/consoles. He's been collecting for decades so he knows his shit and must of spent probably 100's of thousands of Australian dollars on stuff over the years and is a hardcore gamer.
Enjoy

Seems like video was deleted due to Nintendos embargo shite.

Last edited by Columbo2811,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Here's a review. This is the second time I've posted this on temp but I don't think there's a better person to review it. This guy is the Guinness world record holder for games/consoles. He's been collecting for decades so he knows his shit and must of spent probably 100's of thousands of Australian dollars on stuff over the years and is a hardcore gamer.
Enjoy

Yeah, that's a review. But that's not our review

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
That seem weird since even a nobody Youtuber with barely over 1000 subs got one.
Our staff did have contact with a Nintendo rep, who said to check back for a potential review unit, but things apparently fell through. Which sucks, to be honest, since a lot smaller sites and youtubers got units and Breath of the Wild or 1 2 Switch as a review copy. As more staff obtain Switches, and buy more than just BOTW, you'll be seeing reviews pop up soon enough. Nintendo is a bit cagey, but when asked, they're fairly consistent with providing review copies. (Yokai, S/M, Metroid Prime FF, etc) It's just the hassle of making sure to ask them about a week prior to the game's launch. Hopefully the site can swing Mario Sports Superstars later this month.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I love the temp, really, I do. However, given how 80% of the people I see around here care more about piracy than supporting the games and consoles, I can understand how Nintendo could be sceptical to be reviewed before the official launch. The switch has barely been out there, and I've seen tons of people already hoping for it to be hacked... That's not cool.

As far as games go, Nintendo has no problems giving review copies, I know several people who have review websites (and now I'm helping a friend with his), who get Nintendo games far more easily Sony's, Sega's, Capcom's, etc...

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
*Non-fanboy review
*GBAtemp staff
That's not going to happen dude, ever.
Apparently you don't know the GBATemp staff at all, most of our Nintendo game review scores are rather low compared to everyone else. Look for our Breath of the Wild review, which will be coming shortly, and you'll see exactly what I mean.

Imacaredformy2ds

Smartass
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Apparently you don't know the GBATemp staff at all, most of our Nintendo game review scores are rather low compared to everyone else. Look for our Breath of the Wild review, which will be coming shortly, and you'll see exactly what I mean.
I definitely will.
Haha the site is even named after a Nintendo console.
Wew

crimsonedge11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*Non-fanboy review
*GBAtemp staff
That's not going to happen dude, ever.

There is a different in being a fan of some of Nintendo's previous systems/games and just being a blind fanboy. I'm in the first category, but not the second. I thought the Wii-U was a pretty garbage system, to be perfectly honest. But I'm not going to judge the Switch, just because the Wii-U was junk. Maybe it's a good system? I dunno.

Last edited by crimsonedge11,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-