Hacking Why does the camera crash my 3DS with CFW?

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I was bored and discovered this: if I open Nintendo 3DS Camera, go to the home menu and press L+R there my 3DS with Luma CFW will crash. It doesn’t happen on my friend’s unmodded 3DS, it just shows “The camera function cannot be used because it is in use by the suspended software.” and doesn’t crash. Why does it happen on CFW?

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was bored and discovered this: if I open Nintendo 3DS Camera, go to the home menu and press L+R there my 3DS with Luma CFW will crash. It doesn’t happen on my friend’s unmodded 3DS, it just shows “The camera function cannot be used because it is in use by the suspended software.” and doesn’t crash. Why does it happen on CFW?
This might sound stupid but... Nothing else is open..... Right? Otherwise, that is interesting, and the regular camera app should still work.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I press L+R while Nintnedo 3DS Camera is suspended it will crash
So that means nothing was suspended I'm assuming. Anyway as long as the 3ds camera app works nothing should really be an issue. Maybe some sort of issue with Rosalina running? I'm not sure.

Tac 21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
strange... mine works fine even when suspended....

"camera is currently in use" is the message I get when running the camera... signaling properly working... do you have an O3DS maybe?

Last edited by Tac 21,

MrMcTiller

GBATemp's Tiller
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm that it crashed for me too...

N3DS XL 11.6.0-35U

Luma3DS 9.0

EDIT: When Luma3ds exception handlers are off, it freezes for a while then says

"An error has occured.
Please save your data in any software currently in use, and then restart the system."

Last edited by MrMcTiller,

tastymeatball

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
strange... mine works fine even when suspended....

"camera is currently in use" is the message I get when running the camera... signaling properly working... do you have an O3DS maybe?
Didn't test it myself so this is just a wild guess but do you have activated Disable ARM11 exception handlers?

Reactions: MrMcTiller

MrMcTiller

GBATemp's Tiller
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe other region consoles do different things... Everyone who tests this please put your FW version along with the region of your console.

Darkkingwill

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you ever figure out anything? Mines doing the same thing. I can use fbi QR scanner and switch to the front camera and it works but the back camera just stays black. I'm on firmware 11.6.0-39u and Im using luma 9.0

Last edited by Darkkingwill,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo