Homebrew Question Why does nobody make a fps counter?

A3660537JPN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
PSP,3DS,and others have fps counters.But Switch does not have any fps counters.Are there any technical issues?Or just because nobody will not make one?

Reactions: FreakyGuy

Volkaru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I test modding for the switch version of Skyrim extensively. An fps counter would help immensely with finding out exact data on which performance mods help the most.

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Because we don't have access to lightweight API for now, so layoff still didn't kick off. There is some progress in such API, but nothing public.

And comparing Switch to (almost) older than decade consoles... Huh... People are not faster with each year.

Last edited by masagrator,

Niko_of_Death

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because we don't have access to lightweight API for now, so layoff still didn't kick off. There is some progress in such API, but nothing public.

And comparing Switch to (almost) older than decade consoles... Huh... People are not faster with each year.
To be fair, as an end user, it's easy to look at the vita getting framecounter plugins a few weeks into HENkaku releasing and think "Switch has had homebrew for years now, why doesn't it have this!". Obviously it's not that simple due to the functionality afforded by the exploits, as well as the systems themselves, but it's an easy trap to fall into.

Reactions: SentaiBrad

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k