Why does music today suck?

KingBlank

King of Nothing
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I'm 15, i listen to techno music, and I always think that 80's techno is better, and every song was different from every other one, today is everything commercial, the composers only make music to earn, and not to make the listener enjoy it
Yesss, 80's techno is great, and I had never listened to it until fairly recently being a 90's kid myself, I love it.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
It's not just music. Technology makes everything easier, so naturally people don't put in as much effort as they used to. So we end up with this tidal wave of generic crap because we have technology covering up people's lack of actual talent, so any pretty blonde with big tits can at least take a stab at a music career these days.

That's not to say all music today is lazy, or that all previous music was fantastic. It's just easier to be exposed to the cheap knock-off garbage these days as a result of the ubiquitous nature of the internet and the media. It's got a silver lining though. It's also much easier than ever to discover new bands with actual talent via the internet. These days there's something for everyone, you just need to look beyond the surface layer of low effort crap.

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
It's not just music. Technology makes everything easier, so naturally people don't put in as much effort as they used to. So we end up with this tidal wave of generic crap because we have technology covering up people's lack of actual talent, so any pretty blonde with big tits can at least take a stab at a music career these days.

That's not to say all music today is lazy, or that all previous music was fantastic. It's just easier to be exposed to the cheap knock-off garbage these days as a result of the ubiquitous nature of the internet and the media. It's got a silver lining though. It's also much easier than ever to discover new bands with actual talent via the internet. These days there's something for everyone, you just need to look beyond the surface layer of low effort crap.
There. You can't word it better than this. I personally ( again ) like to make my own renditions of 16/8 bit music on my 3DS. I do agree that people need to look for their type of music rather than complain that music is " lazy ". Because a lot of it is. But there are people who like that. If you're unhappy that the music you hear is bad, search for something you like.

Reactions: ihaveahax

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There. You can't word it better than this. I personally ( again ) like to make my own renditions of 16/8 bit music on my 3DS. I do agree that people need to look for their type of music rather than complain that music is " lazy ". Because a lot of it is. But there are people who like that. If you're unhappy that the music you hear is bad, search for something you like.
Problem is it's all rigged to what the big record companies push out

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Problem is it's all rigged to what the big record companies push out
Not really. If you're unhappy with the music produced these days, you can always move over to Youtube to find some custom stuff. Remixes galore and fan music everywhere.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really. If you're unhappy with the music produced these days, you can always move over to Youtube to find some custom stuff. Remixes galore and fan music everywhere.
I know and agree but if you only browse the top 40, top YouTube music, top iTunes and so on it favors big companies but once you search (as you said) then you can find good stuff

Reactions: Ruby Gloom
D

Deleted-236924

It doesn't suck, it just means that you aren't interested in that music.
There's a reason why that music got insanely popular, you know.

Reactions: ihaveahax

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Justin beebs, Nikki Minaj, Kanye and a bunch of people need to be smited off this planet for giving Music a bad name. In a few years I'll have my own kid and I can't give them anything in this day and age that is worth listening or dying for.

If there's anyone to blame for this horrible uprise in music, its the younger generation.

Like holy shit, I miss when music ACTUALLY had lyrics.

...Just You Wait. :tpi:

Last edited by stanleyopar2000,
S

Saiyan Lusitano

Reuse and lack of creativity. Songs nowadays loop a line for 1-3m and that's it. It's a shame, I know.

Reactions: VinsCool

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I bet you feel like you're locked out of heaven in this situation. But you know what? You can blow my whistle! Or take a ride on my disco stick, whatever you want. The chance may come that you are sorry, for everything that I've done. You know, never say never. So take your chance and shake it off.

D

Deleted-236924

I bet you feel like you're locked out of heaven in this situation. But you know what? You can blow my whistle! Or take a ride on my disco stick, whatever you want. The chance may come that you are sorry, for everything that I've done. You know, never say never. So take your chance and shake it off.
Never say neverrrrrr unlessthecircumstancesareappropriateforthesituationthatI'minatthecurrenttime!

Reactions: VinsCool and Bimmel

mgrev

Music Addict, Video Game Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
-_-

Reactions: Bimmel

cdoty

Trophies
Website
www.rastersoft.net
XP
Country
United States
24 years old, I love rock, jazz...

It doesn't, or at least doesn't have to.

I couldn't listen to most of the stuff Postmodern Jukebox covers, but the covers are incredible.

If one of the covers doesn't send chills down your spine, you may be dead (or undead).

Last edited by cdoty,
Reactions: Issac and jDSX

loco365

Trophies
XP
sure, I love the beatles and pink floyd and arctic monkeys and david bowie

but I like kanye too. and adele. and a bunch of others. there are fab artists out there and they'll be what people remember the 2010s as
Adele isn't bad, nor is The Sheepdogs and Imagine Dragons. However, most of the music you hear is either autotuned or perked up with what seems to be a whole canister of helium.

Reactions: VinsCool

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night