Hacking Why does HBC 1.02 run on IOS55?

kwirky

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IOS 55 doesn't have the fake sign bug. Why does the TT choose IOS55? It will cause lots of original homebrew programs (before 3.4 system menu came out) to fail. Anyway to patch this IOS to make it trucha signed?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you had IOS61, the HBC (from 1.0.2 on) would use that. Don't know why they choose that, but once the update is there it should have a better sdhc compatibility.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
kwirky said:
So I just install patched IOS61 and reinstall bootmii?

Just install the patched IOS61 before the new update of the HBC comes out. There is no real reason to update to that IOS for now.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kwirky said:
IOS 55 doesn't have the fake sign bug. Why does the TT choose IOS55? It will cause lots of original homebrew programs (before 3.4 system menu came out) to fail. Anyway to patch this IOS to make it trucha signed?

I don't think homebrew apps care what IOS the HBC runs off of since each app chooses which IOS it will use.

Det1re

det1re.de
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wasn't there a problem with Homebrew and SDHC, when HBC was running on IOS61? I'm not sure, but I remember bushing posting somewhat like "we're limiting ourselves to IOS55" — can't find it right now anyway.

And therefore they might have changed the IOS in the hackmii installer... :x

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
FenrirWolf said:
kwirky said:

I don't think homebrew apps care what IOS the HBC runs off of since each app chooses which IOS it will use.

Wrong. Only applications that do an IOS reload. AnyTitleDeleter for example does not do it.

kwirky

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Waninkoko's firmware updater only fake sign IOS61. It doesn't have the ES_Identify and /dev/flash system calls! Does anybody know how to add these two features to the IOS61?

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
Det1re said:
Wasn't there a problem with Homebrew and SDHC, when HBC was running on IOS61? I'm not sure, but I remember bushing posting somewhat like "we're limiting ourselves to IOS55" — can't find it right now anyway.

And therefore they might have changed the IOS in the hackmii installer... :x
That's correct. I can't find the quote either, but I remember them having that as a quick fix for broken SDHC for people running homebrew on IOS61 with apps on libogc.

Anyways, I don't see why Trucha would be needed for anything else than homebrew installing, or launching, fake-signed content; and to my knowledge do Wad Manager, Gecko OS, and all Backup launchers on this Earth reload to the IOS they want ... which has trucha.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: leo @'d me in a thread about his last dream, stating he was passionately making out with a guy...