Hacking Discussion why does everyone think that atmosphere will fix/solve everything?

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because:

- its open source;
- It will eventually play backups 4 free;
- Your console can remain 4 ever on a lower FW and emunand would be the one on last FW;
- After full release we could see a gazillion different builds from different communities to try\test with different stuff in them;
- you can update and do probably as much crap as you want inside the emunand it won't update anything on the actual Switch nand;
- Everything you try that can even lead to bans are completely safe if tested from emunand offline, because all logs, saves, profile data, caching will be saved on your Micro-SD and not on your nand.
- Probably will be the first to get fully custom stuff like themes, maybe even video player, file explorers, SOC clocks\temps after a certain time, because everyone can mess up with its source and change\add anything they want.
- Safer 4 online if you dont care to update main nand FW officially before ever trying any hack, you can remove the emunand M-SD and use the console online all original with the system nand (its not 100% safe, but I'm sure its the safest way possible if using emunand offline only).

Last edited by guily6669,

mituzora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Neither SX OS or atmosphere will fix everything. to think that it will is just ridiculous. Personally I'm waiting for Atmosphere, but that's my choice. you guys using SX OS, keep doing so, those of you waiting for Atmosphere, keep doing so.

Fighting over which is more superior is ridiculous.

now my two cents, I think Atmosphere will be better in the long run. Having an open code means more external development. this will inevitably lead to better plugins, more compatibility, etc. SX OS will probably piggy back on said features, and that's perfectly fine. Just stop being so damn smug over your choice whether it be better backup compatibility or open source development or w/e your reasoning is.

/thread

Reactions: gabe_derp

DualBladedKirito

The Black Swordsman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly, this is what I've been saying for weeks, yet few people seem to understand.

Keep your sysnand totally clean and simply have an emunand with no network connectivity for hacks / homebrew. The end result is your sysnand remains clean and will be oblivious to anything that has happened on the emunand, allowing the sysnand to safely go online.
Hold on. Wasnt the point of having an updated emunand to have access to eshop updates and dlc while still keeping sysnand on lower exploitanle firmware? That would mean most people will want to go online with emunand right ?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hold on. Wasnt the point of having an updated emunand to have access to eshop updates and dlc while still keeping sysnand on lower exploitanle firmware? That would mean most people will want to go online with emunand right ?
That's why some people will use emuNAND. For those who are content with forever using RCM for exploits, it gives people the option of having a clean sysNAND and an emuNAND for hacks, or vice versa.

DualBladedKirito

The Black Swordsman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's why some people will use emuNAND. For those who are content with forever using RCM for exploits, it gives people the option of having a clean sysNAND and an emuNAND for hacks, or vice versa.
So basically there's no point in using emunand for both hacks and keeping updated games then?

Last edited by DualBladedKirito,
Reactions: slaphappygamer

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So basically there's no point in using emunand for both hacks and keeping updated games then?
There are a few reasons why one might want to use emuNAND:
  1. To be able to update the emuNAND for game compatibility, eShop usage, and/or online play without updating the sysNAND. Keeping the sysNAND low might allow for future exploits.
  2. To be able to play online with an untouched sysNAND or emuNAND while using the other for hacks. Using something that has never been touched by hacks reduces the ban risk.
  3. Being able to mess with the emuNAND without touching the sysNAND, drastically reducing one's brick risk.
  4. General convenience for experimentation.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i fail to see the point then. If i wanna play online with friends or play future dlc and use homebrew (I couldn't care less about free games. I actually want to support Nintendo this time) am i out of luck?
Lacius already explained it. There are more uses to EmuNAND that keeping low exploitable firmwares. Alternatively, you can play online with your friends in SysNAND or move all hacks/homebrew to SysNAND and play online with your friends in EmuNAND.

Reactions: c80

DualBladedKirito

The Black Swordsman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be able to play online with an untouched sysNAND or emuNAND while using the other for hacks. Using something that has never been touched by hacks reduces the ban risk
But why would u use sysnand for hacks if it highly increases ban risk? And im on 4.1.0. So im stuck using emunand for online. What my options then? Sorry for the 20q

Last edited by DualBladedKirito,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But why would u use sysnand for hacks if it highly increases ban risk?
Hypothetically, if a person were to use his or her sysNAND for hacks, he or she would probably use the emuNAND for virgin online play in order to not get banned. The user wouldn't connect the sysNAND to the internet: only the emuNAND.

Personally, I'd reverse the two in this hypothetical situation, but there are conceivable reasons for doing it this way, like also still wanting to keep the sysNAND version low.

And im on 4.1.0. So im stuck using emunand for online. What my options then?
If you want to play online, you have three options:
  1. Update to 5.1.0 without burning any efuses, preserving a downgrade path back to 4.1.0 if/when a new exploit is released.
  2. Update to 5.1.0 normally, burning efuses and making it so you can never go back to 4.1.0.
  3. Wait for emuNAND and update it to 5.1.0+, which will likely require you to wait a long time.

nyder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It all comes down to childish bullshit.

You got the kids who can't afford $20 for SX OS, so they are going to bad mouth it ever chance they get because they don't have it, so obviously what is going to be free will be better.

They have to say it's going to be better because their whole argument falls on that.

And then there is peeps like me, who bought a SX OS Pro because we want to get our gaming on. We want a working solution now, not in the unknown future.

Those children are bummed because we have a working solution and they don't. And so they bitch and complain and talk about bricks and other bullshit they know nothing about because they are too cheap to put out $20 and play backups.

:-infern:

GBAtemp Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its been deactivate... Lol they put a hacking challenge which elite hackers failed to hack ...or something like that in their word's not mine.
No one's failed... A crack write up will be coming soon and then SX OS will be cracked. Hahahaha. If no one does then I'll personally use the stuff written and made by hexkyz to made the crack myself. SXOS don't deserve any money from stealing code and stealing other people's games.

Reactions: theMille

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It all comes down to childish bullshit.

You got the kids who can't afford $20 for SX OS, so they are going to bad mouth it ever chance they get because they don't have it, so obviously what is going to be free will be better.

They have to say it's going to be better because their whole argument falls on that.

And then there is peeps like me, who bought a SX OS Pro because we want to get our gaming on. We want a working solution now, not in the unknown future.

Those children are bummed because we have a working solution and they don't. And so they bitch and complain and talk about bricks and other bullshit they know nothing about because they are too cheap to put out $20 and play backups.
To my eyes it has nothing to do with that...

I guess theres a reason why I still haven't entered RCM a single time and I'm waiting for Atmosphere and its also nothing related with SX OS being paid or not as even if they give 4 free I don't want it, I want is emunand which no one still has one working, period...

If SX OS would be emunand I would have bought it already.

In fact what I mostly want is Team Xecuter upcoming soldering chip and run atmosphere trough it...

ps: Nothing out there make me want to open up my console yet to fully mod it in cooling and RCM.
You can go both ways, use main nand with no hacking ever tested and update it to use online all original then use emunand for the rest probably ban free, or you can use a fully hacked sysnand for everything and a clean emunand updated for online being very careful with what you use on it, however is always more risky than the other way.

Also remember you can make as much emunands as you want, you can have 2 128GB M-SD 4 example and use one emunand full of crap and the other fully clean for online, in fact you can have as much emunands as you want using multiple M-SD's.

Like if some crazy crap shows up and its known to give a ban, you can totally use the "hack testing" emunand offline to use it, then when you remove the M-SD everything from that bad crap you tested will go away, no logs, no data, no nothing will be left on the console, it will remain on the "hack testing" emunand Micro SD.

Last edited by guily6669,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.