Hacking Discussion why does everyone think that atmosphere will fix/solve everything?

tides

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With OS or no OS, their dongles\jigs are still awesome and a good buy...

Also there is a upcoming soldering modchip from them that I'm also waiting, as much as people are soldering trinket m0 and other things, I trust more TX in regards to modchips.

I want a TX soldered modchip to coldboot and atmosphere as the main CFW, then when some softmod with coldboot or warmboot in hassle free way comes out I could de-solder the TX chip (though most likely the chip is more stealthy than something patched on the nand permanently to do coldboot or warmboot)...

this.
as long as no other exploits are found, TX's dongle and jig are the easiest and best way for the community to enter RCM. anyone who denies this is clearly not trying to contribute to any form of discussion.
paperclip jigs will fuck your pins over time, foil always has the risk of shorting the entire switch, wire and soldering are not what the common people will want. destroying the joycon to enter rcm is just not worth since joycons are expensive and you might as well just buy the dongle and jig from sx.
the dongle is also easier to carry around

Honestly, both naehrwert and Hexkyz are hypocrites who only really do this for attention. They couldn't care less about the people using SX. They don't care about the community.
It's just more stuff to fuel the circlejerk on the ReSwitched Discord.

See https://gbatemp.net/threads/sx-os-crack-thread.507934/page-28#post-8117854

this.not to mention that th reswitch discord is full of people who is already busy with sx os but still posting trash about it everywhere

anyway the entire thread has derailed into bashing sx os again when it has delivered what it has promised.

atmosphere will probably not come out anytime soon and people is already saying that it will bring about the next rebirth of jesus christ, introduce the martians that the men in black are hiding and also soon will allow our switch to become an autobot.

Last edited by tides,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this.
as long as no other exploits are found, TX's dongle and jig are the easiest and best way for the community to enter RCM. anyone who denies this is clearly not trying to contribute to any form of discussion.
paperclip jigs will fuck your pins over time, foil always has the risk of shorting the entire switch, wire and soldering are not what the common people will want. destroying the joycon to enter rcm is just not worth since joycons are expensive and you might as well just buy the dongle and jig from sx.
the dongle is also easier to carry around

this.not to mention that th reswitch discord is full of people who is already busy with sx os but still posting trash about it everywhere

anyway the entire thread has derailed into bashing sx os again when it has delivered what it has promised.

atmosphere will probably not come out anytime soon and people is already saying that it will bring about the next rebirth of jesus christ, introduce the martians that the men in black are hiding and also soon will allow our switch to become an autobot.
This is not about bashing SX OS or saying Atmosphere is superior, its about people who want different things from their hacked console. If you interpret bashing SX OS as, for example, missing features that another CFW has then that's your problem. Some people want to backup their NAND, be able to restore it, or even dump the games they want to play as backups in the first place all of which you cannot do with SX OS alone. By itself, SX OS has one advantage over Atmosphere and that's the ability to play .XCIs and .NSPs. That's great for people who want to pirate, but not everyone wants to pirate. There are people who want to play emulators and there are others who want to tinker with the console. Yes, they can do some of these things with the free version of SX OS but its much harder for TX to actively fix issues that arise when they try to do it as opposed to asking the homebrew developers themselves who support Atmosphere (because they know its source-code) than SX OS (because they don't know its source-code). And the money that TX made is not representative of the whole community either because there will always be a market for piracy, regardless of how many individuals are interested in paying or not.

If nothing else above sticks to you, all else I can say is that the only people who propagated this whole TX vs. ReSwitched debacle was not just TX nor ReSwitched, but both of them! Neither party is free from adding fuel to the fire towards this debate that did not exist until they made it one. People who believe that there are sides to pick are ignorant of their own feelings and would much rather defend a side based on personal feelings than objective facts.

EDIT: By the way, titling a thread "why does everyone think that atmosphere will solve everything" purposely invokes the debate that you may or may not have been trying to avoid. It also makes it sound like you are biased against Atmosphere. If you had instead said "List the pros and cons of Atmosphere and SX OS" people would have been able to discuss objectively rather than subjectively.

Last edited by Draxzelex,
Reactions: a9lh-1user

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this.
as long as no other exploits are found, TX's dongle and jig are the easiest and best way for the community to enter RCM.....
The dongle yes, but I totally prefer adding a button on my controller or a magnetic Switch than using the jig, because even all original a lot of people had a lot of trouble with the joy-cons not attaching or not working without wireless because they keep removing them so after some time they get all sorts of problems...

I actually only want my console as portable so I don't even care to ever remove my joy-cons.

Anyway I prefer a modchip, I'm still waiting for Team-Xecuter soldering modchip news and off course atmosphere.

tides

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The dongle yes, but I totally prefer adding a button on my controller or a magnetic Switch than using the jig, because even all original a lot of people had a lot of trouble with the joy-cons not attaching or not working without wireless because they keep removing them so after some time they get all sorts of problems...

I actually only want my console as portable so I don't even care to ever remove my joy-cons.

Anyway I prefer a modchip, I'm still waiting for Team-Xecuter soldering modchip news and off course atmosphere.

people have had problems after using sx jig??

as far as i know, all the problems that people are having after using jigs are paperclip jigs.
nobody has reported any problems due to using the sx's jig so far and it's made of the same stuff that the pins are made

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jeez man 3 posts lol...

NO, I said original so even way before RCM was known, even before people were making jigs or shorting pins there was already a lot of reports here and everywhere of loose joy-cons or physical bad connection just because of keeping attaching and detaching the joy-cons a lot.

Therefore every boot from power off you have to keep detaching them, attaching the jig, then detach, then attach the joy-cons every single time it wears the crap joy-con plastic locker and pins also scratch everytime even original...

Last edited by guily6669,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/2VSGYf0.mp4