Why does everyone get sore?

Discussion in 'The Edge of the Forum' started by funnystory, Feb 3, 2016.

1. funnystory
    OP

funnystory Banned

Banned
    Sep 20, 2008
    United States
    When someone new posts asking a question that isn't common sense and they are told to google. For example threads will drag onto 3 pages of flames/trolls instead of helping these people out. There is no written rule to google search before asking a question. It takes the same amount of time to answer the question than to troll. It seems like it has become a common trend to pick on the new guys,my threads get derailed and people pick fights with me when I call out their unreasonable behavior and it seems to me that the small guy always ends up losing.

TLDR:No sense in being rude when it takes the same amount to reply than to castigate an individual.

2. mediabob

mediabob GBAtemp Regular

Mar 7, 2010
    United States
    Actually it kind of is a written rule to search first, but I think people get irritatesld the most when someone posts a question that has already been answered 3 times just below the one they just posted. Or just ask a question that has been answered 800 times in general.

3. funnystory
    OP

funnystory Banned

Banned
    Sep 20, 2008
    United States
    Even if it is/was a rule its unenforceable. Some members are lower IQ than others and require some handholding to get the job done,if I can help someone out it is always a pleasure.

4. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    If you are sore it is perhaps better to spend time getting into things beforehand and also consider making it so that things slide more easily off you.

5. Veho

Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2006
    Croatia
    Zagreb
    Not enough lube

Oh, that.

Telling people to "use the search function" is not a new trend, it has been here since the second member joined.

If you feel like you are being harassed about this more than other members, please report the posts you feel are being unreasonable and move on.
    Arguing about it won't do any good.

WeedZ, Tomato Hentai and ComeTurismO like this.
  6. DinohScene

DinohScene Dino May Fire

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    Use me tears, it's the best lube.
    Ask @p1ngpong for confirmation.

Tomato Hentai likes this.
  7. Muffins

Muffins Banned

Jun 17, 2008
    United States
    Mirrors
    To the OP:

When you respond to someone posting "Google It" (or an equivalent) with a post consisting of "Your a little kid,take your bs elsewhere. You were in 1st grade when I first registered on this forum so relax", you should expect to find your thread following that negativity. You alone are responsible for the content and tone of your own posts. Nobody is "picking fights" with you; the escalation of the situation is inherently yours.

Just an observation of your own behavior here.

Tomato Hentai and VinsCool like this.
  8. p1ngpong

p1ngpong Irish ex captain

Former Staff
    Apr 18, 2008
    Croatia
    DS Scene
    TrashyClassy, vayanui8, WeedZ and 2 others like this.
  9. BurningDesire

BurningDesire Nepu Nepu Nepu

Jan 27, 2015
    United States
    Behind a screen reading news
  10. VinsCool

VinsCool Insecure

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    Funnystory, after his suspension, is still whining. Quelle surprise.

11. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Exploring and contemplating suspension and related activities might have made me a better person, Vinscool, however it is not a sure fire thing for everybody.

Tomato Hentai and VinsCool like this.
  12. funnystory
    OP

funnystory Banned

Banned
    Sep 20, 2008
    United States
    You quoted me in your sig tho so you clearly like the message.

13. Gingerbread Crumb

Gingerbread Crumb Member

Aug 28, 2015
    United States
    I dont get it he is saying that youre still complaining after being suspended. Basically that you didnt reflect on your actions. Then you respond with this. I dont get it how does what he said lead to that. Anyway sorry for talking about something else and to answer your question people are just that way on the internet I ignore it and continue with what im talking about.

14. funnystory
    OP

funnystory Banned

Banned
    Sep 20, 2008
    United States
    I didn't deserve the suspension so I can't do anything about that,there was no rules broken in the suspension. The suspension read "try not to be a complete dick to people" seems like some moderators don't understand the concept of rules and instead have popularity contests to decide who gets it,point is it is not the internet. I browse too many forums,the mods allow children to completely defecate on threads while suspending harmless members in order to feel a sense of power in life.

15. Gingerbread Crumb

Gingerbread Crumb Member

Aug 28, 2015
    United States
    No dude I dont care about your suspension I was just saying thats what he meant. I was asking why you responded to him in that way but you dont need to clarify anymore I got it. Anyway about the internet thing dude we are online right now of course in the real world a guy would not walk up to you and tell you to your face youre shit but in here they can thats what im talking about you just need to put it aside and ignore it and continue your conversation with the individuals that do care.

16. funnystory
    OP

funnystory Banned

Banned
    Sep 20, 2008
    United States
    Go on se7ensins,ps3hax,xbox-scene, any other scene forum and take 5 minutes to read the threads and compare them to here and tell me that "it's the internet" it's not the internet,it is the fact that gbatemp tolerates blatantly rude and in my opinion poor quality users. If someone derails my thread and I talk back to the bullies I am the one that ends up with the suspension,there needs to be some form of accountability taken by the user base before changes start to take place.

Smartass,rude,off topic posts on a thread should be a suspension in my honest opinion. Most people do what they can get away with and only in here is it tolerated for people to not only derail threads,but people on this forum respond to botspam and bump it all the way up to the top of the newslist, does this make any sense to any rational individual?

17. GhostLatte

GhostLatte Yet Another Shitposter

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    The University of Shitpostology
    Maybe you should act more mature to your fellow members and stop being hypocritical.

Last edited by GhostLatte, Feb 3, 2016
    Tomato Hentai likes this.
  18. Gingerbread Crumb

Gingerbread Crumb Member

Aug 28, 2015
    United States
    Dude thats the problem you lose if you give them attention like I said before ignore them because when you dont respond to them they feel worthless then after that hit the report button that should help clean up the forum. Heres an example lets say im new to this site first forum ive ever been to and everything looks weird to me so I ask a question like how to install rxtools. Then the first post I get is are you retarded can you even read. I got two options 1. Insult him. This leads to a fight in the thread and we both get in trouble. Or 2. Ignore him and someone who wants to help comes along then since I didnt reply to the nuisance he fucks off. Plus I get an extra to report him for being a dick.

19. funnystory
    OP

funnystory Banned

Banned
    Sep 20, 2008
    United States
    I act very mature given the circumstances,when I am being treated unfairly and someone is compromising the integrity of my thread I am going to defend that.

Ultimately,it is not my responsibility to parent people on manners,the biggest denominator here is that gbatemp is focused on nintendo games while other websites focus on consoles that cater to a more mature audience.I have been a fan of nintendo for at least 17 years and I generally enjoy nintendo games because of the nostalgia it brings me.All I am saying is that it is unfortunate that a majority of the members of this forum endorse troll behaviors and drive people away from asking questions that could prevent a potential brick for instance.

20. VinsCool

VinsCool Insecure

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    :rofl2:

Muffins and Tomato Hentai like this.