Why do you hack your consoles (except piracy)?

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the principle. It's my video game console, I can hack it if I want to! I jailbreak and root my Apple and Android phones for the same reason, despite not really taking advantage of it.

Reactions: AncientBoi

Quafflesz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying out fun tools made by the community, backing up my games to emulate at better resolutions/performance, customizing homescreens, playing media

Reactions: Kioku

alevan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I actually enjoy the fact that I can mod the software, than playing games. I do maintenance on my consoles (upgrading software, games, cleaning them, etc).

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even with a so-called Smart TV I still prefer to use an Android TV box and use the apps I'm used to than what the Smart TV has.

My LG 32" from 2009 is still going strong and I love the feature of turning on my PS3, and then the TV turns on itself. Other TVs I've tried don't have this feature (and they're newer and "smart").

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Longevity and preservation. Being able to load something off an SD card or HDD over the original or burned discs for example, when it comes to PS2 and Wii (which is also set up for GCN). Also has the bonus of shorter load times so it's an overall better experience.

Reactions: SylverReZ

HandsomeJack

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
PS3: ps2_netemu is in many respects a better PS2 emulator compared to PCSX2 on PC, mostly in respect of ps2_netemu not crashing frequently. It'll also run about half of PSP games and ps1_netemu is a pretty good PS1 emulator.

Wii U: Nintendont on vWii runs GameCube games natively with widescreen hacking, 480p and HDMI output. Wii U virtual console injection is the best solution for emulating Nintendo DS games.

BeagleFan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love emulation and I may be one of the few that play my old backups. I love my collection also to be ON the system instead of flippin carts and then using cheats. Ive only got into switch hacking month or so but Its also fun learning another systems hacks.
I've hacked my:

Vita
PSP
3DS
PS2
OG XBOX
Switch
Saturn
Arcade1up
Wii U
PS3

DragonMals

6th-7th Gen Retro Gaming Entusiast
Trophies
Country
United States
Originally, I've wanted to Mod my 3ds because a game that I liked refused to work on Citra when getting it through other means. After modding my 3ds (and abandoning the game's community), I've learned that I could make it replace my DS Life with having Twilight Menu on it and literally since using this Fourm site more, I've stated to figure out different things you can do on there to expand the limiss of the system.

Pretty much the same thing minus the game refusing to load part can be said for my Family Ed. Wii. But that's on more of the note of Piracy/Legit games than it. It turned into the device tk relive my whole family's memories with the games that we lost and got back. Everyone actually thanked me for doing it and it's now our go to when playing Wii games (Gamecube is with my PC with Dolphin due to us not wanting to deal with Classic Controllers for Nintendon't).

Speaking of Nintendon't, can there be amy place where they sell the original Gamecube (+ dvd compatible) Wii somewhere where it's cheap? I used to have an original one but we decided to make an attempt to unmod the system due to how it's the first literation of the Wii but we couldn't get all of the stuff off for some reason and it destroyed the Gamecube compatibility on there.

Deleted member 672055

Trophies
XP
themes, some of which were exclusive only to Japan or under certain conditions I couldn't fulfill in the past

and can you really say piracy when there's no legal way to obtain games anymore (except for secondhand carts that are a waste of money with the capabilities CFW brings in?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4