Why Do People Not Boycott Sony For Treating Customers Like Filth

AndorfRequissa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't know me, bucko. So don't start talking down to me about "you would accept anything," for I actually have a low tolerance of bull. Like everything you've been saying up to now, entire paragraphs of bull. I'm not buying a PS5, I'm don't even put up with Nintendo or Sony, so be quiet.

You don't seem to acknowledge the basic fact that this doesn't actually benefit the companies? Hypothetical (and nonsensical) Sony is purposely not making more PS5s, people either usually never give them money or turn to scaplers, which Sony doesn't benefit from. The scalpers do. What if they want to treat their customers worse? Which benefits them because...? Sony, the company who had to live through the stigma of their hacks? Again, you just waited in a line. Grow up.
you started talkin down on me so i did the same. why would they mass produce them when they arent sure if the hardware even holds up well enough not to get recalled or have a massive rrod type issue like microsoft did that cost them millions because they had to fix tons of xbox for free. sony is playing games with manufacturing ps5 that maybe wasnt ready for release or mass production. if you worked in manufacturing and understood how other japanese manufatures have faired with recalls like Takata and their bad air bags you would understand some of my rants a little better. the scarcity excuse was acceptable a year ago not now. it doesnt make manufacturing sense unless sony doesnt want to ramp up production.

Tsukiru

Over the Eden
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why would they mass produce them when they arent sure if the hardware even holds up well enough not to get recalled or have a massive rrod type issue like microsoft did that cost them millions because they had to fix tons of xbox for free. sony is playing games with manufacturing ps5 that maybe wasnt ready for release or mass production. if you worked in manufacturing and understood how other japanese manufatures have faired with recalls like Takata and their bad air bags you would understand some of my rants a little better. the scarcity excuse was acceptable a year ago not now. it doesnt make manufacturing sense unless sony doesnt want to ramp up production.
A console example over a decade ago and consoles aren't air bags. You can claim your experience as much as you want but I simply don't have a single reason to trust your word. Nor would I considering your whining.

Edit: But the later addition of "you started talking down to me so I did the same" is just more of your bad comparisons. You don't deny you're whining about just waiting an hour, which isn't the same as painting me as a corporate suck up and "lemming." Look in the mirror.

Last edited by Tsukiru,

AndorfRequissa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A console example over a decade ago and consoles aren't air bags. You can claim your experience as much as you want but I simply don't have a single reason to trust your word. Nor would I considering your whining.
https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/hardware/ps5-power-issues/
there are multiple modern examples of this you dont have to trust me. trust sony and the reports from people who actually have ps5s about its ablity to run as a console long enough to get past the manufacturers warranty. if they cant make it past the manufactuers warranty without having a high rate of problems why would they mass produce them?

if you can answer that question then maybe your argument might hold some ground but so far you cant counter my claim with anything but your garbage whining that you dont like my point of view. its hypocritical at best

Tsukiru

Over the Eden
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/hardware/ps5-power-issues/
there are multiple modern examples of this you dont have to trust me. trust sony and the reports from people who actually have ps5s about its ablity to run as a console long enough to get past the manufacturers warranty. if they cant make it past the manufactuers warranty without having a high rate of problems why would they mass produce them?

if you can answer that question then maybe your argument might hold some ground but so far you cant counter my claim with anything but your garbage whining that you dont like my point of view. its hypocritical at best
A troubleshoot page doesn't tell me anything. There are no numbers to go by to say a "high rate" of problems, only those who complain would of course speak out.

Again, apples to oranges. You're just upset about waiting in line as a massive attack on you being a customer, which is moronic. Pray I don't have to spell out the rest of that.

AndorfRequissa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A troubleshoot page doesn't tell me anything. There are no numbers to go by to say a "high rate" of problems, only those who complain would of course speak out.

Again, apples to oranges. You're just upset about waiting in line as a massive attack on you being a customer, which is moronic. Pray I don't have to spell out the rest of that.
how about toms guide which explains all the problems the ps5 has faced. keep belieiving what you want lemming. you would walk off a cliff because you are too hard headed and would trust a corrupt company and business like sony over using your brain and looking at what exactly has transpired in the year sony has had the device available. if the console was widely available there would be tons of people complaining about ps5 problems and sony doesnt want to ramp up production until they finish developing their half finished device that they released too early.

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/ps5-issues-all-the-playstation-5-problems-and-fixes-so-far

Tsukiru

Over the Eden
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how about toms guide which explains all the problems the ps5 has faced. keep belieiving what you want lemming. you would walk off a cliff because you are too hard headed and would trust a corrupt company and business like sony over using your brain and looking at what exactly has transpired in the year sony has had the device available. if the console was widely available there would be tons of people complaining about ps5 problems and sony doesnt want to ramp up production until they finish developing their half finished device that they released too early.

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/ps5-issues-all-the-playstation-5-problems-and-fixes-so-far
Moron continues to repeat the same insults and non-points like he's getting anywhere. Again, I'm literally not ever buying a PS5, yet pointing out how you don't make sense is just being hard headed.

Okay, I'll check this website- and it's fine. "Pretty much a solid console" and "have pretty much been patched by now." This is as effective as the troubleshoot page, because consoles, every single one of them, run into issues. Issues simply existing is not the gotcha you wish it was. Unless you're crying that the PS5 wasn't perfect out of the box. That's just how consoles have been since 2005.
1648176824501.png

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This explains why there are xbox series x falling off of every shelf and ps5's are non-existing. Or is there a different reason than chip shortages.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have all three consoles, and I can say the series x has the most bugs. in descending value, it's series x, ps5, switch. I don't really see any issues with the switch anymore, though there used to be some bugs with it. though, in that order, it's also descending in how many features you have on each console, so that might be part of the reason.

on the series x, I've had problems with sleep mode like where banjo kazooie would not have any sound. I'm not sure if that's a game bug or a series x one though. not all games are compatible with quick resume either, such as lost odyssey, though banjo kazooie is. there are also sometimes problems with edge on the system or other little things where it will say "oops, there was a problem." it doesn't ever crash the console just an issue with the default apps (never happens with games).

on the ps5, I've only encountered one main bug, and that's where the system software seemingly crashes. it won't kick you out of rest mode or crash the system, but it will ask you whether you want to send an error report to sony. it only happens when coming back from rest mode, and not all that too often.

on the switch, my first switch's nand got corrupted, and it was legit and under warranty, so Nintendo sent me a refurbished one free of charge. I've owned three switches plus that one for a total of four after the initial one failed, and I've encountered no real issues. one of my joycons for the red and blue Mario switch died, and I've had a couple of game crashes (though I've heard of this happening on the ps5 as well), but that was ages ago. I never encounter bugs with the switch now, though it's had five years or so to fix lingering bugs.

I'd say just give Microsoft and Sony a chance to make things right. I will say that the sleep mode problems with the series x do make me hesitant to buy games for the system. I know I can just exit out of the game, then go into sleep mode, but I like to resume my games (don't really like trying to find a stopping point or something).

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Tsukiru

Over the Eden
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have all three consoles, and I can say the series x has the most bugs. in descending value, it's series x, ps5, switch. I don't really see any issues with the switch anymore, though there used to be some bugs with it. though, in that order, it's also descending in how many features you have on each console, so that might be part of the reason.

on the series x, I've had problems with sleep mode like where banjo kazooie would not have any sound. I'm not sure if that's a game bug or a series x one though. not all games are compatible with quick resume either, such as lost odyssey, though banjo kazooie is. there are also sometimes problems with edge on the system or other little things where it will say "oops, there was a problem." it doesn't ever crash the console just an issue with the default apps (never happens with games).

on the ps5, I've only encountered one main bug, and that's where the system software seemingly crashes. it won't kick you out of rest mode or crash the system, but it will ask you whether you want to send an error report to sony. it only happens when coming back from rest mode, and not all that too often.

on the switch, my first switch's nand got corrupted, and it was legit and under warranty, so Nintendo sent me a refurbished one free of charge. I've owned three switches plus that one for a total of four after the initial one failed, and I've encountered no real issues. one of my joycons for the red and blue Mario switch died, and I've had a couple of game crashes (though I've heard of this happening on the ps5 as well), but that was ages ago. I never encounter bugs with the switch now, though it's had five years or so to fix lingering bugs.

I'd say just give Microsoft and Sony a chance to make things right. I will say that the sleep mode problems with the series x do make me hesitant to buy games for the system. I know I can just exit out of the game, then go into sleep mode, but I like to resume my games (don't really like trying to find a stopping point or something).
Games crashing also in my experience is mostly at the fault of the game rather than the console. I only very rarely remember encountering those sorts of things.

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yes i also own all 3 and over all ps5 has the most crashes. Maybe due to me playing it more than all the others and the crashing on boot from rest mode i have seen a few times. On that note when it does i can still resume the game im playing from where i left off it just asks to send a report.
Games crashing also in my experience is mostly at the fault of the game rather than the console. I only very rarely remember encountering those sorts of things.
Yeah most of my crashes on ps5 is game crashes and usually games i use save wizard on. Always just figured that was the reason but it doesnt happen to often (and unlike back in my day) games save so frequently i dont loose much if any progress so doesnt bother me

Tsukiru

Over the Eden
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably because boycotts don't work?
You would need a widely shared belief or situation to have people actually band together to be effective. Like recently Grand Turismo 7's DRM and awful announcement led to them having to actually acknowledge and address they screwed up, which is an effective thing to happen. This wouldn't be a boycott and more like "man screams at line for one hour."

Gronbar

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Poland
View attachment 303227

in 2022 what is the point of putting someone in que for over an hour if you cant give them a product? this has nothing to do with technology. Sony is designing the buying process to treat customers like Subhumans to manipulate you like they do in gatcha games. the more people who subject themselves to this crap the more companies will find it okay and guess what we wont get an option to $5 reserve a steamdeck in the future because the analytics will show most humans dont mind being treated like subhumans.

when will gamers grow a pair and boycott these companies who do things that have nothing to do with buying and selling their product. making these fake rigged ques has nothing to do with product delivery. imagine if amazon put you into a que to search for and buy products lol. people should be putting sony to shame for this but no one seems to care.
Oh boy you are really mad because you can't buy that PS5?

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I love the completely disjointed logic that, because a large government backed company is able to procure semiconductors without regard to price, a comparatively small subsidiary of Sony must be able to do the same for an entertainment product. And also apparently that waiting for an hour in a queue is the worst thing that's ever happened in sales.

Vote with your wallet and just don't buy a PS5 then, or get one secondhand in a couple years.

Watch me as I will now demonstrate how easy it is to not buy a PS5, just as I haven't bought any other playstation home console.

Reactions: Kioku and Tsukiru

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
okay lemming. you believe the scarcity lies and other blatant lies. i worked in manufacturing for years and worked for semi conductor and aerospace companies that used tons of product. you will accept alot of things i will not because you dont mind being treated like shit. well enjoy being treated like shit and giving money to people who treat you like shit as a part of their marketing gimmics.

i buy millions of dollars of products for the company i work for monthly that use tons of semiconductors. there was a small short term shortage scare but generally because the company i work for has $$ and government leverage we havent seen any shortages that have effected our ability to do more and more business than we did the previous year from the previous year. i am glad i work for a company that doesnt accept what you accept and actually has the balls to stand up for themselves and demand fixes to shortages. with the way you act these shortages will never end and sony can continue to raise price on people like you and give you less and less for your money.

i guess apple producing millions and millions of products and all the other companies that continue to produce computers without shortages at a much higher quantity than sony can make a playstation shouldnt be addressed either.
You're not the brightest bulb in the box. "I work for..." nobody cares. It's not even relevant, and honestly sounds like bullshit. The latest MacBook Pro took a few weeks for a lot of people to get, and even now the supply isn't what it would have been 5 years ago. Shit, the latest Samsung phones are hard to come by, unless you want the low storage models. By all means, though. Keep pretending you know something.

It's also funny how few messages you have on this forum. Do you only come on to bitch about something or what?

Reactions: Tsukiru

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought my ps5 from a friend. I bought both the series x and oled switch from best buy. It did take a while while it searched for available stock. It's to be expected with something popular.

Reactions: Tsukiru

Sworly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand your frustration with all of that, I've also dealt with that firsthand, and while I know you think your animosity is vindicated, understand that there's no entitlement to something because you patiently waited for it. Rather, direct that resentment at those who take advantage of the surplus issues by scalping and reselling, or companies who do very little to mitigate the issues with armchair sellers who make a "living" by scalping the consoles for profit.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lack of PS5 consoles is a problem, yeah, but lack of games is pretty damn important too and PS5/Xbox Series are still somewhat relying on the previous gen.

Reactions: Takokeshi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo