Hacking Why did you buy a flash cart?

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why did you buy a flash cart? Was it to play homebrew? Download NDS games? Multimedia purposes? Why?

I bought a flash cart because I'm bored on the go and sometimes I can't watch TV or anything. So I use it to play Multimedia and sometimes download NDS games.

OmerMe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Because in Israel, every game costs something like 90$ o_x
And I don't want to spend so much on every game, so I just bought a flash cart so I could download any game I want right when they're released, and I don't have to wait a long time for them to come here
That's also the reason I bought a Mod Chip for my Wii, and Wii games cost more than DS games

Tikker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Urza said:
This is one of the stupider questions I've heard on this board.

why?

some people use their flashcarts exclusively for homebrew

some were only interested in adding media ability (books, mp3, video)

gizmo_gal

QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting one for homebrew and media--but I'm also going to be on summer break and want to try my hand at writing a couple of DS Apps and maybe a game
smile.gif

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OmerMe said:
Because in Israel, every game costs something like 90$ o_x
And I don't want to spend so much on every game, so I just bought a flash cart so I could download any game I want right when they're released, and I don't have to wait a long time for them to come here
That's also the reason I bought a Mod Chip for my Wii, and Wii games cost more than DS games

That seriously sucks. I'd done the same thing if I hadn't already done it.
rolleyes.gif

Minox_IX said:
QUOTE(Infinity-X @ May 28 2008, 07:07 PM) Why did you buy a flash cart?
Isn't that kinda obvious, we're pirates
ph34r.gif
Being a pirate is so fun to be, we are all pirates!
yaynds.gif

B-Blue

slut
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Antarctica
Because I can't spend any more money on some overrated games that I'll probably will get bored of it and throw it away. Unless it's a Nintendo game (Mario, DK, Link, Samus, etc..) then of course I'll buy it
smile.gif

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Urza said:
This is one of the stupider questions I've heard on this board.

I'll second that.

Dumb question. I didn't buy it for largely lame largely sucktastic homebrew. Hats off to the DS Organize and Colors homebrew, but I have yet to find anything games wise that wouldn't immediately get labeled crap if it was on sale.

I didn't get it so I could watch a video on a really too damn small screen. I'd rather use a proper portable dvd player.
I didn't get it so I could listen to a song on totally inadequate player source. I'd rather an actual mp3 player.

I bought it because 9 out of 10 Nintendo DS games are not worth stealing, and I'd like to know in advance of buying one if the money will be well spent.

The R4DS Revolution is so I can demo games. Simple as that. And fuck Nintendo if they don't like that plan.

Masta_mind257

Trophies
XP
Country
Arghh... me booty has been robbed by the land-lubbers, I'm just tight (technically my dad) SO i can't spend money on games, I compromised. ONE CARD, ALL GEYMS! I had to save up for the wiikey tho.

da_head

A dying dream..
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Panzer Tacticer said:
I didn't get it so I could listen to a song on totally inadequate player source. I'd rather an actual mp3 player.

k i'll give u the small screen thing, but how is it an "inadequate" player source? :S it plays all my songs, has a decent capacity (depending on ur sd of course), quality is comparable to most mp3s (just rly depends on ur headphones), decent controls, doesn't lag/skip. hell the only problem with it, its a brick. but if ur gonna be dsing and listening to music anyways, mite as well have 2 in 1 rite?

EDIT: i got it for pirating! rofl. cuz i have no budget for this. >.<

homebrew, music, and movies r an added bonus.
biggrin.gif

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I actually like lying in my bed and watching some movie on it before going to sleep, I do that very often..Don't mind the small screens, actually, like it that way it's very compact..
I homebrew very little, there are few applications I really like, but so far, didn't find any game that would hold me..
I don't listen any music on it, but have read several books..

And naturally playing ROMS..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?