Hacking why convert retail game cart to .cia

aenoch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what is the benefit of this also can I use the gateway save backup tool to backup my pokemon x cart save incase something happens to it . im assuming I can use my pokemon cart on emunand/sysnand like I would if I didn't have gateway

Dragaan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can play online without worrying about headers

then again, I don't know what Ninty's been doing with the headerbanthings

oops, read your question wrong. Convenience is a big one: if you have a bunch of carts, you'll only need to carry one around

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
personally i would suggest just dumping them and storing them as .3dz on your gateway card.....but if you dont mind using the proper carts classic mode is all you need

aenoch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im installing emunand right now will using classic mode mess with the save game I already have and can I also play this game with my orginal save with out turning gateway on or do I have to do the exploit then go into classic mode for now on. right now I only have a spare 16gb microsd card and a 8 gb sd card the gateway card is pretty full right now so id rather not put pokemon x on it inless I have to. I also do not plan on downgrading im also a little confused on where cias install and once installed do they show up as tiles in emunand. do they get installed in the big sd card im asking this so I know which slot to eventualy put a bigger card in

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't quite get your question, but if you are confused don't use .cia 's(as they can brick your 3ds). Also the saves are on the original card, so if you convert them to roms and play them, the save on the card wont get updated( so if you play it in classic mode again, you will still have your old save).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello