why convert retail game cart to .cia

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by aenoch, Mar 14, 2015.

1. aenoch
    OP

aenoch GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 23, 2015
    United States
    Ludington, Michigan
    what is the benefit of this also can I use the gateway save backup tool to backup my pokemon x cart save incase something happens to it . im assuming I can use my pokemon cart on emunand/sysnand like I would if I didn't have gateway

2. Dragaan

Dragaan GBAtemp Regular

Feb 4, 2015
    United States
    California
    you can play online without worrying about headers

then again, I don't know what Ninty's been doing with the headerbanthings

oops, read your question wrong. Convenience is a big one: if you have a bunch of carts, you'll only need to carry one around

3. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    personally i would suggest just dumping them and storing them as .3dz on your gateway card.....but if you dont mind using the proper carts classic mode is all you need

4. aenoch
    OP

Feb 23, 2015
    United States
    Ludington, Michigan
    im installing emunand right now will using classic mode mess with the save game I already have and can I also play this game with my orginal save with out turning gateway on or do I have to do the exploit then go into classic mode for now on. right now I only have a spare 16gb microsd card and a 8 gb sd card the gateway card is pretty full right now so id rather not put pokemon x on it inless I have to. I also do not plan on downgrading im also a little confused on where cias install and once installed do they show up as tiles in emunand. do they get installed in the big sd card im asking this so I know which slot to eventualy put a bigger card in

5. aenoch
    OP

Feb 23, 2015
    United States
    Ludington, Michigan
    Any body got a answer today

6. ground

ground GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 22, 2007
    Netherlands
    I don't quite get your question, but if you are confused don't use .cia 's(as they can brick your 3ds). Also the saves are on the original card, so if you convert them to roms and play them, the save on the card wont get updated( so if you play it in classic mode again, you will still have your old save).

7. tony_2018

tony_2018 GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    Its an option for you to, nothing more.

8. aenoch
    OP

Feb 23, 2015
    United States
    Ludington, Michigan
    What card are. Do cia install to?